The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It Was A Hell Of A Decade

Avicii

This thread isn't to bash, hate, or comment on any of the games that happened this year. This is a thread, to give my respects and thank you's to the likes of Edler, Sedins, Kesler and Luongo.

Luongo, you were the best goaltender we've ever had with our franchise. I'll never forget how much you've done for our team and franchise. I'll always remember your save on Stu Barns in Game 7 vs Dallas, making Sabourin start because you were on the crapper, your save on Sharp in Game 7 vs Chicago and most of all, your determination and heart. You were always there when our franchise needed you and from the bottom of my heart, I would like to apologize for all the crap the fans have put you through. You will forever be my favourite goaltender, but i truly believe your last start as a Vancouver Canuck will be Game 4 of this series.

Daniel and Henrik, what can i say? Most offensive productive players we have ever had since Bure/Linden. I still remember your goal against Calgary, a goal i'll never forget. I'll always remember Henrik jumping up and down the ice after Bieksa scored vs SJ in Game 5, he looked like a 5 year old kid. You guys will always be treated as royalty in Vancouver. No matter what happens for the rest of your careers, i for one wish you the best if you are going elsewhere.

Eddie, eddie, eddie. You were not the guy i thought you were, i still remember thinking you were the next Lidstrom. You have the tools, you just don't know how to utilize them yet. You completely collapsed and lost us this series, you need a change of scenery.

My boy Kesler, it was a hell of a ride. Going completely beast mode against Nashville is something everyone will always remember, you will always be compared to by us fans as "that guy who won us the series." Your wrister was one of the best in the league, what happened?

In my honest opinion, these 5 player are the core of the Vancouver Canucks. They are also the player who will most likely play their last game on Wednesday in a Vancouver uniform.

Mason Raymond still sucks.

All of those guys will be back next year, except Luongo, but he will probably be back too. I know our situation is terrible but it isn't that unique. A lot of similar teams have had the same thing happen to them, and most of them didn't blow up their core. Obviously there will be changes this summer (unless we win which will take a miracle), but our main guys will still be here.

Don't worry, my time machine is almost complete. I will go back in time and make sure that Gillis doesn't trade Hodgson for Kassian.

Now, if you remember, it was Tanev who informed Cody of the trade because he found out about it on his phone. So all I have to do is go back to Feb. 27 and hide Tanev's phone.

Wish me luck.

Holy crap...!

I thoguht i was about to die and that this was my will when i was reading.

The only person that MIGHT be gone next year from your list is Luongo.

No one else is gonna trade.

If we have to blow up OUR team then the penguins deffinetly need to blow up theirs.

If thats the case, Sedins, Kesler, Edler, Luongo for Crosby, Malkin, Stall, Letang, Fleury.

Archived