The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players Gone Next Season ...

Lui's Knob

I know everyone wants to blow up the team, but it's not happening. Elite teams have been upset by 8 seeds tons of times before, and most of them didn't blow up their teams. If we lose (and we probably will) there will likely be some fairly big changes, but the core will still remain together.

Sedins, Burrows, Hansen and Higgins are probably not going to move. I would keep Hamhuis and Tanev. Luongo is probably gone, so Schneider will take the reins of #1 goalie.

I want the following players gone or at least considered for trade:

- Raymond (Get him out of here at all costs)

- Kesler

- Rome

Edler and Bieksa should not be untouchable either. Fire the coaching staff and axe Gillis please.

honestly i think luongo will be moved to a florida based team. ballard moved or buried, salo retired, pahlsson walks, for the love of god i hope rome leaves, vignault fired, something will happen with raymond. and my dark horse/surprise pick to be moved is burrows (i dont think it will happen, but i wouldnt be surprised). this team needs a serious culture change. the whining, diving, and theatrics have got to go. kesler seriously tarnished his name in this series.

IF we lose our core is going to stay intact and it should, Boston lost four straight to Philly but their entire roster was not overhauled. Obviously the Sedins stay, Kesler stays, burrows stays, manny stays, hansen, higgins and anybody with a NTC. I just hope raymond is gone because although he has no bargaining chip and can be signed for a million he is useless. I just wanted to see Salo get another crack at the cup.

Guest BuckFoston

Can someone please explain to me how Luongo will be gone in the summer unless he himself decides to waive his NTC?

We need a true number 1 defenseman IMO... also i wouldn't care less if Bieksa was traded. Salo could come back again only if he is in a 5/6 role we can't have him in a top 4 role. Raymond has proven time and again useless in the playoffs. I think Phallson ain't coming back, Higgins needs to be on the 3rd line, not consistent enough for a top six role.

even those moves on forward alone really isn't shaking up this team that much, Im not sold on Booth either.

I completely forgot about Ballard, he absolutely has to be traded. you cannot pay a guy top 4 money for a #6 role. Id like to see us run with schneider too, how much more does the guy have to prove that he is more than capable of handing the number 1 duties and Luongo ain't getting any younger.

Our core is set and they aren't going anywhere

It's the bottom end depth players that need a revamp. Too many passengers on the current squad IMO; too many players content to watch other players do the work and not want to get engaged themselves.

Pahlsson, Raymond, Malhotra (sadly), Weise, Kassian, Lapierre are all candidates.

Wish I could put Booth on that list but doubt anyone will want his salary on their hands

Archived