The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players Gone Next Season ...

Lui's Knob

Problem is in our core... The core of this team is not putting enough pucks to the back of the net.

We really need a fairly big overhaul and hope that the core players still have enough for a couple of seasons and lead the team to another stanley cup final...

The chances are very grim but that's all we got before fully rebuilding this team.

I really miss Daniel in this series; I think he would have been the key to solve quick.

It was a mistake to let Mitchell walk. It was a mistake not to trade a second round pick for a guy like Hal Gill. It was a mistake to trade Hodgson for Kassian. It was a mistake to trade Grabner for Ballard. It was a mistake to write off Samuelsson so quickly. It was mistake to give Luongo his contract. It was a mistake to let Torres walk. It was a mistake not to trade Raymond for a gritty forward.

I know I know hindsight is 20/20...just sayin'

MG better hope Kassian turns into gold next year.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Pahllson Jones

Bitz Lapierre Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Murray Tanev

Edler Gragnani

Luongo

Or

Sedin Sedin Yakupov

Booth Kesler Kassian

Higgins Lapierre Burrows

Bitz Pahllson Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Ballard Gragnani

Luongo

Calm down ladies, there's always next year. Can't expect Booth, Pahllson, and Kassian get shoved into a team competing for the cup and see a dominate first round performance. Erhoff Samuellson and Torres were missed a lot more than previously anticipated.

The emergence of Murray, Jones, or Yakupov if the stars align will guarantee our rebuild becomes nothing short of a speed bump.

DONT TRADE KESLER - are you kidding me? Booth and Kesler looked good out there. They just need an elite player who can play with their speed and hardnose style. MG should have realized this by now... We are one dominant player away from having a top line with Kes and Booth. Just imagine Rick Nash or St. Louis or Parise playing alongside them.

It was a mistake to let Mitchell walk. It was a mistake not to trade a second round pick for a guy like Hal Gill. It was a mistake to trade Hodgson for Kassian. It was a mistake to trade Grabner for Ballard. It was a mistake to write off Samuelsson so quickly. It was mistake to give Luongo his contract. It was a mistake to let Torres walk. It was a mistake not to trade Raymond for a gritty forward.

I know I know hindsight is 20/20...just sayin'

MG better hope Kassian turns into gold next year.

Booth, Ballard, and Malhotra (maybe Raymond as well) off the books would give us some huge cap space to work with. Can't win with the albatross overpaid and under performing contracts like that... I don't care how class the guys are, you can't pay them to be classy.

What we do with that money, I don't know.... we better do something though. If we do end up getting swept I think a partial rebuild is in order. We have the pieces to do it... if we keep hanging on to those pieces they will eventually age and become worthless and we will end up with an old team with no notable up and coming players to take the reigns. aka, we will be the Flames.

Also, this is a touchy subject... but I really believe it will be a mistake to let Schneider go. When you have a young stud like that you should build around him. This is not a Luongo bash at all, he is an amazing goalie and the best we've ever had. Either way though we are going to have a great goalie going forward.

Everyone is so ready to have a fire sale it's sickening..... how quickly we forget we were 1 game away from a stanley cup, and we have been in all three games this series..... it's very tough to admit that we are probably not going anywhere this year.... but I don't think our whole team needs dealt over a rough playoff series. We do need more grit, we do need another good top 6 forward, and perhaps..... we potenially need a better coach... I don't mind AV, don't know that at this moment I like him all too much either.... but sometimes it's just time for a new voice at the helm, it's not a shot at him, I'm just saying sometimes the same message comes across stronger from a new voice.

Anyways that all being said... CDC makes me sick with how many pathetic fans we have on here who were throwing in the towel after Game 2, and now are convinced after Game 3 that we are done..... how quickly we forget it was just last year that Chicago... seemingly easily made it 3-3 in the blink of an eye... it can happen we just have to rattle quick. Anyways that's my rant.... I'd be happy with starting with getting 1 win and going from there.... getting swept just doesn't look great on the presidents trophy winners......

Archived