The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Changes Needs To Be Made, Gillis Must Take Blame And Av Needs To Go

Rock Pile

Vigneault needs to go. Period. I dont know what he's done to this team but the style they play is boring and awful, along with what's happened to PP. Daniel getting hurt really exposed and showed how the Sedins have carried Vancouver offensively. They need to add another big scorer (Nash, Iginla - If he becomes available. But if he's moved it won't be within the same Division) They also must make a decision on Luo/Schneider. My preference would be to keep Scheneider because he's ready to be an elite goalie, played in big games, is younger and will be cheaper to re-sign then what Luo is currently making. It will be hard to find a team to take Luo's contract but it can be done, and Luo has NTC, so he has a say in where he goes. If a team could be find to take Luo and his contract that would free up some money to get another big scorer.

Watching this series was nothing but a continuation of how the Canucks played in the Finals. They couldn't score, Boston would goon it up and Canucks did nothing about it. Canucks players claimed they learned from that experience. After watching what happened to Henrik tonight and Canucks once again doing nothing, i'd say they didn't learn from what happened in the Finals. Canucks lack toughness. Plain and simple.

Gillis deserves alot of blame for some poor decisions. Trading Hodgson for Kassian was a horrible move. Not to say Hodgson wouldn't have made much of a difference, but if he was still here, he could have taken Daniel's spot when he got hurt. Much better option then that useless POS Raymond. Not re-signing Torres because length of term was something Gillis wouldn't do. Bad decision.

Raffi was the one guy who brought toughness and grit. Say what you will but losing Ehrhoff really hurt the PP. Another poor decision.

Gillis needs to go Boston and Philly route and add some toughness and size. Time to get off your ass and do something. Frankly, i'll be surprised if much of anything changes. It'll be the same, repetitive Canucks have won consecutive division titles, 2 straight President Trophies, Been to the Finals and were 1 win away from winning it all (Sorry but those arguments, especially the last one don't hold up anymore)</p>

So Hodgson is the reason why we are down 3-0? Did you follow Cody Hodgson during his time as a Buffalo Sabre??? He was epic fail. The team was better off with the previous number 2 centmern, and probably would have made playoffs if Cody HOdgson didn't take over the 2nd line centerman spot. You guys are all goons for thinking Gillis made a mistake making this trade.

Archived