Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Anybody Else Felt Like This Was A Good Game?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 meh_wassup

meh_wassup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Yes I know we lost the game. Yes I know our Captain and the only remaining twin got run over by their captain. Yes I know that players were always shooting the puck down low on Quick, and everyone knows that you can't beat Quick down low. Yes I know Edler had a very bad game, again... but let's also look at the positives here as well, 5 on 5 we played really well, we were physical, and we had a couple of grade A chances. Our forecheck was decent, and we turned over the puck a bunch of times in their zone. We were really aggressive too, which created some problems in their zone. Our D was aggressive too and they pinched in and upped the pressure on their players to make a quick pass which created turnovers. Booth had a strong game. Raymond had a strong game. Schneids had yet another strong game. I thought we could've very well won this game if we had just ONE bounce going our way... if this miraculously turns into a long series it would be in our favor because we're roughing them up pretty well. I have a little bit of faith left in the guys however, and I think they really do have the potential to comeback if Kesler stops diving (which is a shame because I really idolized the guy and I even have his jersey), and if Edler buckles down. I feel like Higgins needs to show up as well because I have not been aware of his presence on the ice once this series... The bottom line is that it was an exciting game to watch and we should've won it, and deserved to win it, and I think if we play the same way in game 4 we will win it. 5 on 5 I felt like we played even better than game 2. Come game 4 I'm going to keep looking skyward and hope the hockey gods stop hating us, and maybe give us a couple of bounces our way.

Edited by meh_wassup, 15 April 2012 - 11:41 PM.

Charlotte-McKinney-21-155x160.jpg

#2 Super19

Super19

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Thanks for your positive outlook dude. +1 for that.

edit: I felt like it was a good game too. Pretty even out there but we did have the edge 5on5, especially earlier on. Seems like we need a bit more than just playing a bit better... we need a little bit of luck to get some finish.

Edited by Super19, 15 April 2012 - 11:31 PM.

Posted Image

#3 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

It was a good road game, just couldn't finish any chances.
Posted Image

#4 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

It was the best game from us this playoffs for sure.

but can anyone explain why this isn't called a hand pass? Around 0:50 is really the only good look at it.
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#5 sQuish

sQuish

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

41 shots, 39 of them from 40 feet out. Easiest shut-out of Quick's career.

#6 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,732 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

We worked hard, but had no finish. It's part of hockey. There are no moral victories in must win games like this though. Either you win or you don't.

#7 kchengc

kchengc

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I do. I think it was a good game. Hansen had two posts in this series and if he had scored, may be we are up 2-1 in the series. It is a lot closer than what it seems but we definitely made a lot more mistakes than the Kings and can't capitalize on our chances.

#8 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

We played good. But still not good enough to pull out a win.
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#9 skyfall

skyfall

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

If it's a 0-0 game after the 2nd after all of the energy the Canucks spent then it's a good sign for LA. The Canucks cranked up their emotion and play after the Brown hit on Sedin which made the game more intense and fun to watch but unlike Chicago or Boston they can't translate that to offense.

Entertainment wise, yes it was a fun game to watch but tactically the Canucks failed miserably by burning off too much energy in an unproductive manner.

#10 domyours

domyours

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

We dominated the first two periods, and then ease off a bit early third. Kings got the fortune rebound and that caused us the game. Overall, Nucks played a solid game but they still have a lot to improve. I still believe Kings are very beatable if Nucks can sustain pressure and remain fully focused the whole game. Well, one game at a time, that's all we can hope for now. Fingers crossed!

#11 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

it was a good game. just a bad bounce.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 IPlay4Beer

IPlay4Beer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

It was a very good game. If we only had Daniel it would have been a great game. Dam Chicago,.... Dam Kieth......

#13 sfcanucks

sfcanucks

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

for sure the best game played so far by the Nux in this series. I felt good even the result isn't what we want. It's unfortunate that Hansen has hit the post twice in the series and none of the bounce today went our way. But guess what, keep playing at this high tempo for game 4 and potentially game 5 and so on and so forth, we can beat them. They are no match with us 5-5 and when our power play starts clicking, the LA kings will be totally out classed.

Remember, Chicago came back against us last year to tie the series but they didn't have the home ice in G7, we do this year.

Red Sox came back in 2004 from being down three-buzz and won it all. We are the presidents' trophy winners for two back to back years, it's no fluke.

Believe!

Edited by sfcanucks, 16 April 2012 - 12:39 AM.

#14 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

I was way too distracted by the "highlight reels" filled with cheapshots in every single play-off series. This league is an abomination. Glad I'm done with it until the entire system gets re-worked. More time for worthwhile activities.

The game itself was nothing but a headache.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#15 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

It was kinda like watching beach hockey with the ice conditions and all.

1/10

#16 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,535 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

it was a great game aside from one horribly blown defensive assignment by pahlsson (forgot brown was still in the play after he knocked him down in the corner, that was his man and he just gave up his assignment knowing full well the rest of the team was covering everyone else) and the lack of a goal scored, despite open nets and posts hit. it was actualy one of the best games I remember aside from those 2 items.

#17 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

horrible ice..and a hand pass to voynton right before the brown goal..what a joke!
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#18 meh_wassup

meh_wassup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

for sure the best game played so far by the Nux in this series. I felt good even the result isn't what we want. It's unfortunate that Hansen has hit the post twice in the series and none of the bounce today went our way. But guess what, keep playing at this high tempo for game 4 and potentially game 5 and so on and so forth, we can beat them. They are no match with us 5-5 and when our power play starts clicking, the LA kings will be totally out classed.

Remember, Chicago came back against us last year to tie the series but they didn't have the home ice in G7, we do this year.

Red Sox came back in 2004 from being down three-buzz and won it all. We are the presidents' trophy winners for two back to back years, it's no fluke.

Believe!

I agree. We haven't exposed them for who they really are, and that's a very average team... there's nothing extraordinary about the Kings, and they're nothing that we can't handle.

Charlotte-McKinney-21-155x160.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.