The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Situation And How It Will Play Out (In My Opinion)

TwinTelepathy

I never really thought this series will go the way it has. Just thinking that the la kings might sweep the Vancouver canucks hurts my head. This is a team that couldn't score and would loose a lot of clutch games

Its weird, I'm not even that angry, maybe I'm numb due to their failure in the past, or maybe because this doesn't seem real, similiar to a bad nightmare.

Fire AV, do everything humanly possible to get Yakupov from Edmonton and if that fails get the 2nd overall (this is a MUST!) and draft Grigorenko (the BIG scoring franchise centreman we've been searching forever for who is in the mould of Malkin). Trade Kesler for some top picks and start the rebuild. Keep the Sedins, Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Edler. Everyone else is available for the right price. We need a new team, one with fire in their bellies, one that is younger and better. The competitiveness is lacking and now I am afraid if we lose Game 4 and are swept in this series, the rebuild will happen, starting with AV. Gillis will be forced to drop the hammer on this current roster and get the most talent he can through high picks, talented prospects and trades for other players. MG will probably try and get as many 1st round picks as possible and draft a new team. The one we have now is not getting it done and time with this lot of players is running out. The window of opportunity with this group is closing. If they haven't done it by now, I am afraid it won't be happening anytime soon. It will be with a new roster of talent, a new core. Accumulate assets for these players while we can get significant returns. They're all getting older and slower. This team demands one of the highest ticket prices per game in the league. The product they have now should be much better than it is and the fans deserve better. If we're going to win a Stanley Cup, that chance has passed. Let's get this rebuild done and over with now rather than later. It's gonna have to happen soon anyway as the roster is aging. The cracks have started showing themselves this year. Yes, we won the President's Trophy but am I the only one who wondered HOW we won it? If anything, I have felt very uneasy about how we won games this year. I was always left with a nervous sense of relief when we won. We depended on the Goalies to win us games and for the most part, they did, but teams like that can't dominate. You need to have solid, consistent scoring. We need a gamebreaker or two and if we have to draft it, so be it. The franchise is solid financially and can weather 2 or 3 seasons of rebuilding a new, talented, dynamic, young roster. I can wait 3 years for that and believe me, it would be well worth it. Let the cleansing begin starting with AV then at the upcoming draft.

P.S. Get Yakupov or Grigorenko this draft. Tank next year (developing year putting pieces together while playing the younger top prospects in the organization) and go for MacKinnon. With those two players alone, we will have made huge headway moving forward. 2 exceptionally talented franchise players. This is the only way we can compete with the likes of teams like Edmonton who have been hoarding #1 picks the last 3 years. They will be a powerhouse in the very near future. Let's do this for the future. The now is no more. Change is in the air. Fresh, clean air.

I have no problem with this. I am still hoping the Nucks can pull off a miracle but that is exactly what it would be. They have managed 12 goals in their last 10 playoff games for a 1.2 per game average. It will take a major change of fortune for them to beat Quick 4 games straight. Odds are , they won't do it.

I'm still hoping they win and that makes me a fan, but I'm also a realist.

Why are there so many self-righteous douche

s on this site that think speaking truthfully somehow means you aren't a fan. I don't drink your koolaid weirdo and I don't believe that a team like the Canucks this year can come back from 0-3. They don't have the heart.Love getting the rah-rah speech from some kid who has seen the Canucks on TV once and believe

they are now the ultimate fan because they bought a Snepts jersey. Been a fan since I was able to watch hockey. I have seen teams that you could have faith in. 82 Canucks, 94 Canucks. 2012 Canucks aren't one of those teams..because frankly, they don't look like a

team.

Archived