Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

I Don't Know About The Rest Of You...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

But I'm not going to quit on this team. I don't spend my hard earned money on Canucks merch, and tickets just to give up on them when they are down. Being a fan is being with a team regardless of how they play. Look at the Jets fans. they LOVE that team even if they miss the playoffs...Hell look at the LEAFS. They suck. We all know it, they suck, the fans rag on them, they boo and jeer, and we all make fun of them. Yet, the fans still love them and never stop loving them.

We lose in the Finals, and go down 3-0 ( Still not out of it in case you didn't know ) and we all just throw it up, year after year. I love this team. II still believe in them. I'm still going to wear all my Canucks gear when I go out, even if we lose in 4. I'm going to keep supporting this team.

Yeah, it sucks we lost last year, and the 39 years before that. It sucks that we're doing so bad this year, but it's not over yet. Show some love to this team. It's a damn long shot, but we can still win this.

We're all mad or upset right now. We're this upset because we love this team. Show some faith, and you just never know. We all thought we had the Cup wrapped up after two games last year and look what happened.

Just sleep on it, and wake up tomorrow, and wear your Canucks gear with pride, post about it on Facebook, Twitter, and wherever else. Let's show the hockey world how much we love this team and show them how wrong they are about the fans.

Sorry for the big ass post...

Go Canucks! Believe in Blue...If you don't, then don't brake your leg jumping off the wagon.

g3HKFnX.png

#2 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

I'm not quitting on the team.

Its not like they can trade Linden again (boycotted the team until he returned), but I am getting tired of the same old song and dance every year.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 15 April 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#3 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Some of you really need to get off your soap boxes. I can appreciate what you're saying, but fans have the right to be pissed off and even jump ship if they want to. After all, it's only a freaking sports team. It's not like anyone's committing a sin by saying "This team that accomplishes nothing year after year and just continues to disappoint me is really not worth my time anymore". I mean, come on, that's your right as a human being.

#4 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Game 3 was definitely a step in the right direction. If we can win game 4, and Daniel returns for game 5, then it is fair game. It is a tall task, but we can do this.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

P.S. It wouldn't be so bad to injure Quick in the process.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#5 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Losing tonight was more tolerable than the previous two. At least at times the team showed up. But the team is out of sync. They can't score and can't defend. Luongo and Schneider aren't the problems this time around.

Too much mileage over the past few years? The team is maybe sick of hearing the same old line about "the process"?
If they can't get it together, you can expect changes this offseason, perhaps even sweeping changes.

They need to get back to basics. The team also needs to get back to having fun. The only way I see us getting even into the series is giving LA a massive spanking on game 4. And that seems like wishful thinking.

I admire those who are still backing the team to win the series. I wish I could be that diehard.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#6 Rink on Renfrew

Rink on Renfrew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

I agree, good post!

It's not over yet, this is where the true fans Show there support. Last time I checked it took four games to win a series.

I know it's been a frustrating first three games. We've played very poor hockey and made a lot of questionable plays with the puck but we've still somehow been in these games.

Tomorrows a new day, keep your head up Canuck fans.

#7 B_a_M

B_a_M

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

I will keep on supporting the team no doubt, but the fact that they show no heart is what get me. I seen it in game 7 and I have seen it in this game, They have been playing like this for most of the season you would think they would have some pride and play their asses off.

#8 Hank's Secret Sauce

Hank's Secret Sauce

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Thank you. It's good to see there are some true fans still here. If you look at every thread tonight it's embarrassing to see the way they talk about Canucks' players and management.

But then I look and see "Joined __-April 12"...at least they'll be gone July-next April.

#9 FanInCalgary

FanInCalgary

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

So apparently we have to always be happy with how the team played and never complain or else we are considered bandwagoners.

#10 BigUncle16

BigUncle16

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,145 posts

But I'm not going to quit on this team. I don't spend my hard earned money on Canucks merch, and tickets just to give up on them when they are down. Being a fan is being with a team regardless of how they play. Look at the Jets fans. they LOVE that team even if they miss the playoffs...Hell look at the LEAFS. They suck. We all know it, they suck, the fans rag on them, they boo and jeer, and we all make fun of them. Yet, the fans still love them and never stop loving them.

Laffs fans filling ACC year after year is probably the biggest reason why that team's management doesn't give two shats that they haven't made the playoffs for 7 straight years.
Posted Image

#11 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

It guys like you who make me never quit on this team and never leave them. Good on you for posting a good topic and spreading the faith.

GO CANUCKS GO! It ain't over till its over!

BELIEVE IN BLUE!
Posted Image

#12 Perry Henis

Perry Henis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

get off your high horse, the fans have a right to be pissed off right now. you dont think every fan wants the team to come back from 3-0?

#13 peanutflower

peanutflower

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

I'm not quitting on the team.

Its not like they can trade Linden again (boycotted the team until he returned), but I am getting tired of the same old song and dance every year.

What song and dance every year? Last year and this year the Canucks were the best team in the NHL at the end of the regular season. that's two years in a row. The CAnucks have never been the best in the NHL in a single season before, let alone two years in a row. Last year you were lucky enough to be part of the excitement of going to game 7 of the STanley Cup final. You're probably not even old enough to remember the last time that happened. What song and dance? It seems like a pretty successful song and dance to me.

#14 peanutflower

peanutflower

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

I will keep on supporting the team no doubt, but the fact that they show no heart is what get me. I seen it in game 7 and I have seen it in this game, They have been playing like this for most of the season you would think they would have some pride and play their asses off.

What game were you watching tonight? It couldn't have been the same one I was watching where the Canucks played well and showed "heart", whatever that is, or however you define that.

#15 themonicator

themonicator

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:44 PM

I'll love this team no matter what.

I do think they were MUCH better this game. However, today's loss tally it to 0-3 Canucks. Huge mountain to climb.
Posted Image

Our Prospects

#16 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

get off your high horse, the fans have a right to be pissed off right now. you dont think every fan wants the team to come back from 3-0?

You don't think I'm pissed? I'm just saying that people shouldn't just give up and quit until it's over.

Edit: But hey, if people want to give up. That's up to them.

Edited by CanuckianOne, 15 April 2012 - 11:47 PM.

g3HKFnX.png

#17 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

I love my team, esp the sedins who are exemplary people. I dont love they way they are being coached and managed. Theyve been off alot this season but it wasnt dealt with. I believe in the players ( not so much edler right now) but i think the coaching isnt bringing out the best the canucks can give.

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#18 Walkin'2929

Walkin'2929

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

After Friday, promised myself I was going to miss game 3..... but, I gave in and watched the whole thing. As opposed to games 1 and 2, instead of being disappointed in the Canucks, I was disappointed for them. They really worked hard tonight and deserved the win, even if they did look a bit of a scrambling mess in the attacking zone.

I wish them well in Game 4, and see no reason why they should not win that game at least.

One thing's for sure, if L.A. does take this series (unless by some miracle the Canucks win the next 4 games in a row), should L.A. come up against a team that can score at will, they are toast. C'est la vie!

Edited by Horseman, 16 April 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#19 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Game 3 was definitely a step in the right direction. If we can win game 4, and Daniel returns for game 5, then it is fair game. It is a tall task, but we can do this.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

P.S. It wouldn't be so bad to injure Quick in the process.

And brown.

#20 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

@forevernucks19...that hit on sedin..ughyuuuuck
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#21 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

still here , as charlton heston said , out of my cold , dead hands .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.