176 replies to this topic

#31 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

We didn't just win the president's trophy by chance. We are the #1 seed in the playoffs. I will not be surprised if we win four straight and take this series. Our goaltending is incredible, if we get the skaters going we will have wins coming our way. I'm not about to give up on the team that I watched 85 games of this season, and you shouldn't either. Shame on those that say they are Canucks fans and yet say we're done.

Thank god I'm not one of what you would qualify as a "Canuck fan". Stop humoring yourself with blind, unjustified optimism. This kind of garbage hasn't brought this city any sort of satisfaction for more than 40 years. Is there any point where people like you will learn? Canucks are done for the season, and the window has closed.

You can wait for the so-called bandwagoners to return in a decade when the team eventually becomes considered a viable contender again. Until then, and beyond, I -- among many many others -- will gratefully accept the extra 246+ hours of free time a year and invest it in more worthwhile activities.

Meanwhile, you can stroke your withered manhood with your blind optimism.

Cheers.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#32 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

We win game 4, and by some luck of hope, and strike of God, we can get Daniel back in game 5. We can push it to game 6. Win that, and in a game 7 anything can happen.

No team has comeback from more 3-1 down in a series, than the Canucks. AND in each instance they have done that, they have won game 1 of the next series.

The last 3/4 teams to be down 3-0 have all pushed it to at least a game 7.

Believe. Make History or We're History.

Edited by Kamero89, 15 April 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#33 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,224 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Even if we didn't win the Presidents trophy, we are still a top elite team in the NHL.

When Will we show that!

This can be the Best Team in the League, they haven't shown it and they better get there Act together in a Hurry or this will be the Most embarrassing Collapse in Canucks history.

And one if not the Biggest one I have ever seen in NHL history.

zackass.png

#34 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,819 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

We didn't just win the president's trophy by chance. We are the #1 seed in the playoffs. I will not be surprised if we win four straight and take this series. Our goaltending is incredible, if we get the skaters going we will have wins coming our way. I'm not about to give up on the team that I watched 85 games of this season, and you shouldn't either. Shame on those that say they are Canucks fans and yet say we're done.

There's nothing wrong with being a realist. They played with urgency tonight, they owned the Kings 5 on 5 and the PP looked better, but it still was not good enough. The offense is simply not there. Unless they some how pull the scoring touch out of their arse, there is no way they can maintain this pace for the next four games winning all by a 1-0 or 2-1 score.

Edited by Tortorella's_Rant, 15 April 2012 - 11:50 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

If a team can be swept 4-0 in a series than why can't we win the next 4 games? If we out play these guys and get a little lucky at the same time we can win. I think we played better than LA in this game, but didn't get any lucky breaks.

#36 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

I love it. There's reverse psychology and then there's this. Well played my friend

I can't wait to see that video!

Hey man, you guys can sig it if you want, but the video WILL be uploaded the next day after game 7(if we make it). I can promise you that. :P

And to be honest, I hope I do get to film the video. :P
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#37 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Here's the attitude the teams must adopt: survival mode. Screw the series, just win Game 4 and worry about the rest later. If they win, great, now repeat. Winning the series sounds impossible at this point, but winning Game 4 doesn't. So just forget about 5,6,and 7 for now.

Edited by etsen3, 15 April 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#38 Perry Henis

Perry Henis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

Thank god I'm not one of what you would qualify as a "Canuck fan". Stop humoring yourself with blind, unjustified optimism. This kind of garbage hasn't brought this city any sort of satisfaction for more than 40 years. Is there any point where people like you will learn? Canucks are done for the season, and the window has closed.

You can wait for the so-called bandwagoners to return in a decade when the team eventually becomes considered a viable contender again. Until then, and beyond, I -- among many many others -- will gratefully accept the extra 246+ hours of free time a year and invest it in more worthwhile activities.

Meanwhile, you can stroke your withered manhood with your blind optimism.

Cheers.

Thank you.

#39 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

I don't think it's disgusting. What disgusted me was the ones that were saying it when it was 2-0, but 3-0 is a different Animal, and only 2 team has came back from 3-0. The odds of it happening it, is like 1 in 50 maybe.... I doubt it will ever happen.

3 teams including the 2012 Canucks! Just trying to be positive guys ::D

#40 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Why are you disgusted by people who deal with reality and don't live in a fantasy world? Sure, we could win the series still. But do you actually realize how many things would have to go right for this to happen? It hasn't even gone right for us in one game yet and you think it stands a decent chance of going right for 4 straight. Give your head a shake, you putz.

Thanks for the chirp. Just a fellow Canucks fan with a varying opinion but yeah, keep on keeping on I guess.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Proceeds go to a translator for Alex Burrows."
-Bieksa on Ryan Kesler's clothing line.

#41 hockey21383

hockey21383

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

History will be made.

#42 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have said that those types of fans "disgust" me but, it just bugs me that you can just quit and say that we're done when down 3-0 when it's a best of 7. Sorry I have a varying opinion from you I suppose.

#43 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

It's actually 82 games...

#44 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

It's actually 82 games...

We've played 3 post-season games, man...

#45 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

The idiots who keep starting threads telling me we're gonna win disgust me more.

#46 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Delusional fans disgust me

#47 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

Delusional fans disgust me

It's not delusion. It's hope in a team that was ranked first leading into the playoffs. Big difference.

#48 hockeyfan-observer

hockeyfan-observer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

The chance of them coming back is slim but still a chance. If they had won tonight and lost on Wednesday, would be 3-1 and folks would still think they had a chance, so either way it would have been 3-1 with a victory next game. Regardless how the series comes out, Im satisfied with the effort tonight, even the last game. Two decent efforts and a bad giveaway in a game one, and now it has come to this. Also, for all those who think Sedin is soft, let them take a Dustin Brown hit like that - I doubt those complainers would still be standing right now from that hit like that. Kudos to Hank!

Quick is simply playing unreal right now - what can you do. We have seen this before how goalies can steal a series. Also, I just dont think they have gotten any bounces like they had last year with the stanchions, three straight powerplays (too many men, puck over glass etc). Im sure they'll do their best in Game 4, and if they do lose, so be it - at least they dont have to go through the pain of 15 playoff wins again this year - leave that for another 'poor' team to go through this Spring as there can only be one winner. They have played an awful lot of hockey the past year-half and maybe time to re-charge, reflect and rebuld for next year if Wed is their last game.

#49 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

I have watched hockey for 20 years and trust me this one is over. Big fan here not even a bandwagon but sorry we are done like dinner. It would take a miracle from God to pull us out of this hole.

#50 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Actually we won it by accumulating points from a weak division.

I think you're right though, the general consensus on the board is we're just waiting until we're down 3-0 to flip that magic switch everyone has been stating we would hit come playoff time.

I understand how Nigerian princes find people to undertake in their 'business affairs' after spending this season on the CDC.

Nothing wrong with saying that they're done. It's going to be extremely hard to come back.

Kes can't get it going, same with Henrik, the PP is garbage and there's no Daniel.

Exactly. Nothing wrong, if they pull it out I will be in an absolute awe, and I will be watching the TV and hoping but I understand, it's not likely at all, win or lose, there is always next season.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#51 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:10 AM

Millionaire softies that shoot from the perimeter because they are too scared to go to the net disgust me.

#52 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

The only reason they won the President's trophy is that they won 11 out of 12 against Edmonton and Colorado.

#53 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

I most certainly hope we disgust you. I would love nothing more than to reach beyond that. I want to disgust the entire Canucks franchise. They need to see just how embarrassing this debacle they have put on really is.

The entire organization should be ashamed. Personally, I am sickened with this business as usual approach.

Feeding the blind, downright stupid masses this whole "Believe in Blue", "Heart of a Canuck" garbage is doing nothing to bring the cup here.

Going to the games is borderline embarrassing. The into is like a night at the opera; quite literally.

Sorry, Gillis, the fat lady has sung. The window to win the cup has shattered, and so has this city's confidence in your management crew.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#54 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

I guess the only reason they will watch the rest of the games is to see if they are right. Nothing Like fan support. Taking the easy way out .Hope these people never go to war.

#55 westvandude

westvandude

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Considering the fact that our star goal scorer gets taken out indefinitely with a cheap shot, and the lucky bounces that do decide a lot of games, I would say we don't have a chance to come back here.

It totally make sense to play hard for 82 games to win the president trophy and then lose the measly home ice advantage with just one loss.

#56 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

It's not delusion. It's hope in a team that was ranked first leading into the playoffs. Big difference.

Hope = Delusion. Hope is for people who can't comfort themselves in practical ways. "I'll just deny reality. Now I feel GREAT!"

THAT disgusts me. YOU disgust me.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#57 Mr X

Mr X

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,892 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

Tonight's performance was... kindof encouraging... but not really. If they lost 3 games in OT, played well, then maybe I'd be singing the same tune. The Canucks have generally speaking played mistake filled, poorly executed hockey 3 games in a row. If they make it to game 5, I'll be there at Rogers Arena to cheer em on, BUT, you have to realize in the big picture of things, there's a reason only 3 teams have ever come back from 3-0...

#58 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

False hopes. OK, you're entitled to it.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#59 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hope = Delusion. Hope is for people who can't comfort themselves in practical ways. "I'll just deny reality. Now I feel GREAT!"

THAT disgusts me. YOU disgust me.

You clearly have issues aside from hockey that need to be dealt with. Best of luck to you, sir.

#60 DYU3ster

DYU3ster

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

Who knew that both the Nucks + Pens are 0-3 to start the playoffs? When I had them as favorites coming out of their respective conferences?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.