Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

The Canucks Fans That Think This Series Is Over Disgust Me

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
176 replies to this topic

#61 Perry Henis

Perry Henis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

It's not delusion. It's hope in a team that was ranked first leading into the playoffs. Big difference.

Regular season. Playoffs. Big difference

Stop being delusional, I get you're trying to be a good fan and all but lets face the facts here, nothing in these 3 games has shown they can win 4 in a row

#62 kchengc

kchengc

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

Actually we did win the Presidents trophy by chance this year. The Rangers choked.

they didn't choke. Both the Blues and Rangers have 3 other 100 points teams in their division, while all four other teams in our division can't even make the playoffs.

We win the president trophy because we play more easier games than those teams. Replace the Oilers, for example, with Det/Nas/Chi/Pit/Phi/NJD and we will drop by at least 3-5 points. If we replace 3 of our divisional rivals by those teams listed before, I am not so confident that we can even win home ice advantage.

#63 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

We didn't just win the president's trophy by chance. We are the #1 seed in the playoffs. I will not be surprised if we win four straight and take this series. Our goaltending is incredible, if we get the skaters going we will have wins coming our way. I'm not about to give up on the team that I watched 85 games of this season, and you shouldn't either. Shame on those that say they are Canucks fans and yet say we're done.

If we can score, we WILL win! They are not in the same league as us (it was evident this game). We cant score because of our desperation to get a goal, its causing us to be off. They just have to be responsible in their end like they were in game 3 but in the O zone they have to just enjoy playing hockey, enjoy the passion of creating chances and let the desire for scoring goals take over. Like when they first started playing hockey, they didnt need no specific result in a game to be a determined bunch. They just loved to score goals and play hockey (which made them work as hard as they could).

Canucks!!

#64 Cindilette

Cindilette

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

Reality is reality. Sometimes reality is harsh but accept it.

Be realistic. Do you think this team has what it takes to come back from being down 3-0? A team that can't score a goal against Quick to make this epic comeback? Chances are = 0%.

I love this team to death and it sucks we are in this hole because they failed to show up on games 1 and 2. But the fact is: This team can't score. When you can't score, you can't win a series. We are back to square 1. Everyone failed (coaching and the team).

I would love for this team to come back but there is no chance we would come back. This has been a problem the whole season and our luck has run-out. What makes it worse is we lost Danny; our number one scorer.

Sorry to break it to you bud but this series is over.

#65 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

It's funny how you try and act all high and mighty being a "super fan" or whatever douchey thing you consider yourself. I love the Canucks but lets look at the facts

-We are down 3-0
-Quick has been solid
-Our offense sucks
-Our leading scorer won't be back
-Edler has been playing worse than Gragnani
-We are obviously lacking leadership

#66 PunPryde

PunPryde

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

I'm just sad.

#67 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

You clearly have issues aside from hockey that need to be dealt with. Best of luck to you, sir.

Yea, give me a call when your life turns upside down, and all you're willing to do is "hope". On second though, don't call me. I wont humor you while you attempt to cry yourself to sleep.

Hope is such a waste of time. Just get over it, get outside, and live your life. You clearly need to.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#68 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Who knew that both the Nucks + Pens are 0-3 to start the playoffs? When I had them as favorites coming out of their respective conferences?

I was honestly expecting a Vancouver/Pittsburgh final, but now I'm honestly expecting an LA/Philly final.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#69 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Regular season. Playoffs. Big difference

Stop being delusional, I get you're trying to be a good fan and all but lets face the facts here, nothing in these 3 games has shown they can win 4 in a row

They've dominated 5 on 5 the last two games and have peppered Quick with a combined 90 shots, but I agree, it's over. They may win one or two but not a chance they're going counter with four straight victories, for several obvious reasons.
Posted Image

#70 Hafizzle

Hafizzle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

Well OP, Canucks fans who think we can come back and win 4 straight to win this series are delusional. Instead of being pissed off at the logical people, you should be annoyed with the blind dreamers.

There's nothing to suggest that we can come back and win 4 games in a row. Not to mention that in all the years of the NHL, it's only happened 3 times where a team comes back from being down 3-0 to win the series. The odds are 164-3. I'd love nothing more than to be wrong and see the Canucks come back but I think we all know that isn't happening. Realistically, the most we'll do is win Game 4 and probably be taken out in 5.

#71 coolcat13

coolcat13

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

They're done.

#72 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

I was honestly expecting a Vancouver/Pittsburgh final, but now I'm honestly expecting an LA/Philly final.

I think you're giving them way too much credit. If anything, I'd say if our team played a full, solid game against LA, the only thing they have going for them is Quick. Still cheering on our team to pull through but if we don't, I could see the Blues emerging from the West.

#73 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

I think you're giving them way too much credit. If anything, I'd say if our team played a full, solid game against LA, the only thing they have going for them is Quick. Still cheering on our team to pull through but if we don't, I could see the Blues emerging from the West.

I respect that, but I think you're not giving them enough credit.

- Carter
- Richards
- Kopitar
- Brown
- Penner
- Mitchell
- Doughty
- Quick

That's a stacked core. They're built like the 2010 Blackhawks who went on to win the Stanley Cup, except this time LA actually has a goalie in net.
Posted Image

#74 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

with the way Quick is playing...i'm sorry but coming back from a 0-3 hole is so hard it's nearly impossible. Unless someone like Lucic runs over Quick...

#75 StutterStep

StutterStep

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:45 AM

Does anyone here remember if AV's coaching made a positive difference in the series? The truth is we have had this guy for too long, and it could look like a shake up in the offseason. Maybe the canucks do miss daniel that much because after all he is our leading scorer and a crucial part of the PP

I know it's not likely we'll win but even if there's a 99% chance we won't it's still not 100% and that 1% is still a possibility they could win.
Limits like fears are often just an illusion

#76 Hafizzle

Hafizzle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

- Carter
- Richards
- Kopitar
- Brown
- Penner
- Mitchell
- Doughty
- Quick

That's a stacked core. They're built like the 2010 Blackhawks who went on to win the Stanley Cup, except this time LA actually has a goalie in net.

The only name I'd take off that list is Penner. The guy is useless, he scored 7 goals all season. But other than that I totally agree. Not only that, but the core obviously has chemistry and all the lines are producing not to mention that they're kicking our ass with special teams.

#77 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

The only name I'd take off that list is Penner. The guy is useless, he scored 7 goals all season. But other than that I totally agree. Not only that, but the core obviously has chemistry and all the lines are producing not to mention that they're kicking our ass with special teams.

I'd say Penner is LA's Byfuglien. He's useless when trying to score or pass, but he's a bigass body that drives to the net. Exactly what we're missing.
Posted Image

#78 KiwiAd

KiwiAd

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

It's called being realistic
Canucks fan all the way in NZ !

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#79 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

- Carter
- Richards
- Kopitar
- Brown
- Penner
- Mitchell
- Doughty
- Quick

IMO I wouldn't say that all those forwards you've listed have necessarily made their presence really felt in this series with the exception of the top line with Kopitar, Brown (and Williams?). So far, anyhow. Who knows. They could all wake up in future games and light everyone up. But as of right now, Carter I barely ever notice, and Richards only when they Kings have a PP and he keeps trying to do that sharp angle shot again and again lol.

But they're stacked for sure. On paper it's just wow. Pancakes has been a major flop though.

Edited by rebob, 16 April 2012 - 12:59 AM.

#80 binderdonedat

binderdonedat

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

Hope is such a waste of time.

Wow. Just. Wow. Words cannot express the many levels of FAIL this sentence represents.

#81 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

IMO I wouldn't say that all those forwards you've listed have necessarily made their presence really felt in this series with the exception of the top line with Kopitar, Brown (and Williams?). So far, anyhow. Who knows. They could all wake up in future games and light everyone up. But as of right now, Carter I barely ever notice, and Richards only when they Kings have a PP and he keeps trying to do that sharp angle shot again and again lol.

But they're stacked for sure. On paper it's just wow. Pancakes has been a major flop though.

I've noticed Carter and Richards a lot myself, but maybe that's just because I like that style of hockey. :P
The thing is, is that in Philly, Carter and Richards HAD to be THE BEST, which is why people noticed them game after game. Now in LA behind an incredibly talented offensive team, they can play their gritty, defensive style while Kopitar & Friends takes care of the offensive, and that is why people aren't noticing them.
Posted Image

#82 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,469 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

I'm one of the biggest Canuck fans and optimists out there. I say we win Game 4 and get drilled in Game 5.
Posted Image

#83 iCanucksLover

iCanucksLover

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

I don't care about how low of a chance this team has of getting into the next round. What matters to me is that they have a chance right now and I will keep supporting them until the Kings win four games / no comeback is possible.

Edited by iCanucksLover, 16 April 2012 - 01:08 AM.

Posted Image

Thanks allons-y!

#84 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

You have to live your life based on 'probabilities'. It how you avoid making really dumb moves in life. You don't always get it right but you never really get it wrong.

The chances of the nucks winning 4 straight is not good at all based on the stats. You would not want to bet your savings on them winning or even that matter a case of beer - a six pack maybe for fun, but myself I wouldn't bet at this stage. I might wager though a case of beer that they don't get swept, because again the stats favor me. I might being a great fan of the nucks think that if we get back home then we will win game 5 cause we won't lose 3 at home, but beyond that probability is not on our side - and that is more important than having god on your side.

LA is playing well-enough and don't give much to look at. Not a serious challenge for teams that can score, but in our case we can't score goals and haven't been able to for a long time.

#85 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Our players choke under pressure - look at Edler

We couldn't score tonight despite playing a better game

Sedin could miss the next game.. We would be without our top two players.
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#86 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

Wow. Just. Wow. Words cannot express the many levels of FAIL this sentence represents.

Enlighten me. Up to the task?
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#87 AJG187

AJG187

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

great season ...terrible playoffs

it sucks but funny how people talk like there on the ice or have any say in GM decisions its all ENTERTAINMENT anyways.

I hope sens beat rangers canada needs the cup

#88 AJG187

AJG187

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

I'm one of the biggest Canuck fans and optimists out there. I say we win Game 4 and get drilled in Game 5.

sounds about right to me too.

#89 'Nucks Fan from Montana

'Nucks Fan from Montana

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

To summarize, I'm completely shocked that they're down 3-0 in the series to the Kings. I knew at the beginning of the series that the Kings were going to be tough because they had Jonathan Quick in goal. But I never expected the Canucks to play so flat offensively even after they played so well after Daniel Sedin got hurt. Give the Kings a lot of credit, they've played a helluva series to this point.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Canucks and am proud to bleed blue & green as much as most of you here are. But bottom line, if they can't win Game 4, then you can classify this season as a failure. Win the President's Trophy for the second year in a row, and then lose four straight in the first round of the playoffs...that's a sad way to end an otherwise great season.

Edited by 'Nucks Fan from Montana, 16 April 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#90 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

Step 1: walk away
Step 2: ???
Step 3: profit
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.