The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alex Edler, Still Going To Be Playing Important Minutes In Game 4?

yau1225

Ballard...but really, ANY ONE. Edler has been hands down the worst player on the team with his sloppy passes (especially his drop passes in our own zone), terrible penalities and his inablility to cover players (he was covering no one on that Kings goal last night). I'm not trying to be mean spirited about the guy but he has cost us so much these playoffs, the guy needs to be benched, and it might seem hasty but I would trade him in the post season, I just don't see this guy developing good hockey sense, if he doesn't have it by now I don't think he ever will.

Ballard... really?? Our best defenceman last night??? Come on! Ballard has been good since coming back for sure and he has been better than Edler by a country mile. But our best defenceman hands down has been Hamhuis.

Here's an idea. Dress 7 d-men, run Rome on the fourth line that sees less than 5 min/game. Throw him back on d when Edler losses it.

Come on AV! Be a coach!

Yeah Edler needs a HUGE wake up call and it better be b4 tmrw nite. Tanev looks lost out there. ;/

I too was a Rome hater cuz he took dumb penalties, but I would rather have him over Edler. The only thing I saw done right was his big hit. And I hollard out YES lets hope this sparks Edler...! But nope.

Where are all the "its only one game!" guys now???? lol...shows who knows hockey around here! :/

I don't think we should scratch Edler but give Ballard more time the guy has been good and unlike most of this squad for better or worse because of his injury and because of being scratched most of last summer he probably has more legs left in him than anyone else.

Give the guy a chance!

I am a big Edler fan for the last few years.

This series, not so much.

He showed all his weakness in this first round series, just HORRIBLE. Definitely looks like he can't play under any pressure in the playoffs this year.

If you were AV, what would you do in game 4?

Thoughts?

If offense is the problem, why not try MAG's? What do we really have to loose? The roaming D style that MAG's plays may finally help us throw some of thier players out of position. Let's face it, LA has been playing great defensive hockey. They are always postitionally sound to keep our shots out of danger areas and to clear rebounds. Edler has lost all confidence. He will be a great player again, but probably not this week. Let him watch from the box, move up Ballard, and slide in MAG's with Tanev.... or maybe even just move the Ballard - Tanev combo up.

It seemed like Hank getting creamed got him mad and he finally threw a hit. But that penalty on the end, and the expression on his face, said a defeated or maybe just a deflated man. Extreme? Yes. But, the only other solution I can see is the coach giving an insipiring heart to heart to re-ignite some passion into his game.... and passionate is not AVs thing.

Archived