The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Friggin Time To Canadianize This Team

RAMBUTANS

Winning the Stanley Cup is the pinnacle achievement in Canadian hockey. It is what every little hockey player is playing for on streets around Canada, "its overtime in game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, he shoots he scores!!!" I'm sure nearly every CDC user has said that phrase or been in many other Stanley Cup winning scenarios on the streets. When the fortunate Canadians get that opportunity to seize what they've always dreamed of they will do everything they can for the opportunity to hoist that trophy.

Do the Canucks need to Canadianise, well I don't know if I'd go that far but adding a few Canucks to the Canucks definitely wouldn't be a bad thing.

dumb stuff.

yeah, who doesn't like the way 'real' Canadian players play the game, but just to illustrate, there are some big name Canadians that have failed repeatedly when it comes to playoff hockey... Joe Thornton, Dany Heatley, Jason Spezza, etc... lots of Canadian players I would sure as hell not want on my team. If you truly want to build the best team, there are going to be Swedes, Fins, Czechs, Russians, Danes, etc, even Americans ::D, on your team. Ask Mike Babcock if he needs a certain nationality in order to win...

..............There may be some truth to this. I always thought we were too foreign. Somethings missing, and it's easy to look at big jacked home grown all stars and say HEY I WANT ONE. The majority of our Canadians are filler roles. Burrows, Bieksa and Hammer are the only consistent top minute men. Our "stud" is a whiney yank, Booth and Higgy are legit though.

Also think a Canadian team should have a Canadian captain, something nostalgic about it, though Hank is proving pretty bada** and far and away the best choice on our current roster.

Obviously, Euros like Swedes (Edler), Danes and others can't win us the cup. They are too soft for today's NHL. They are not built for the playoffs.

Now, the Americans like Kesler, Booth and Higgins are all on-and-off guys. Not talented enough.

The only solution is to accumulate as much Canadians into the system like what Chicago and Boston did and win us the Cup.

The only exception to this is Luongo and Bieksa. They are Canadians but they fall into the category of the Americans.

Archived