Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 7 votes

It's Friggin Time To Canadianize This Team

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
119 replies to this topic

#61 IwantGDiduc!

IwantGDiduc!

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

Is this really a topic.....? Did I really just spend 18 seconds reading the first 6 replies.....? Am I really wasting another 28 seconds typing out a reply back.....?

No Seriously, what a brutal thread, this should be getting locked as soon as a mod gets up this morning. There are plenty of great European players and shame on you for damning an entire continent because our best players have hit a dry spell in scoring right now, lets not forget our best offensive forward is out with a scrambled brain right now, and I personally think a few other guys are hurting bad right now as well (kesler, edler, Hank)

All in all, give your head a shake.

At a time in the season when good players ramp up thier game and actually produce .... oh what is that word??? Oh yeah GOALS. Perhaps this is why the OP made his satement about Euro players.

#62 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

it's really not about where the players are from.

i'd say the top bruins in the playoffs last year were:

thomas
chara
seidenberg
krecji
bergeron

only one of those guys is canadian, and he's not a tough guy.

but you're right, this team needs more grit. watching sedin getting punched in the face repeatedly by a little weasel like marchand, without doing anything was just pathetic. that's coachable though. sedin could easily knock him down, he just chooses not to.

Edited by La Mauviette75, 16 April 2012 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#63 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

it's really not about where the players are from.

i'd say the top bruins in the playoffs last year were:

thomas
chara
seidenberg
krecji
bergeron

only one of those guys is canadian, and he's not a tough guy.

but you're right, this team needs more grit. watching sedin getting punched in the face repeatedly by a little weasel like marchand, without doing anything was just pathetic. that's coachable though. sedin could easily knock him down, he just chooses not to.

If there is a 7 foot 270 pound euro then I will take him for my team

#64 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

I am tired of the goons that have hijacked this game and they don't come from Europe.

Give me Forsberg and Ulf Samuellson any day.

I am tiring of Canadians that think they own the game and their goon love affair thinking it makes a better game.

#65 ElfShotTheFood

ElfShotTheFood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

Oh CDC of little faith...Does anyone else find it ironic that this thread was started by someone with the user name David Booth?

Edited by ElfShotTheFood, 16 April 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#66 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Canadians? Pfft.

Let's drill into the untapped market...Greenland

Posted Image

You think Canadians are tough? Less than 1/5th of Greenland is uncovered by glaciers, and it's still colder than your grandmama's shoulder when you decline any of her freshly baked cookies. Have raccoon problems in your backyard? Greenland is home to flippin' polar bears. Greenlanders fight them to train and warm-up...for their fights against each other!

It's friggin time to Greenlandisize this team.
Posted Image

#67 Conscience

Conscience

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Bitz, Burrows, Ebbett, Kassian, Lapierre, Malhotra, Pinizetto, Raymond, Volpatti, Weise, Bieksa, Gragnani, Hamhuis, Rome, Tanev, Luongo are from ?

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

How many of those guys are actually getting minutes. And he said get more Canadians, not we have none.
Dwight Schrute: Where is my desk?
Jim Halpert: That is weird.
Dwight Schrute: This is not funny. This is totally unprofessional.
Jim Halpert: Okay, well you're the one who lost the desk.
Dwight Schrute: I did not lose my desk!
Jim Halpert: Okay, calm down. Where was the last place you saw it?
Dwight Schrute: Okay, who moved my desk!
Jim Halpert: I think you should retrace your steps.

#68 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,295 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Look at the teams they had when they won the cup. Very physical and destroyed and everybody. Of course they are talented but they have people to support them.

Yeah so we Have a Very Good Team too.

zackass.png

#69 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,295 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

1. He was just stating the fact that Kesler, Booth and Higgins are american players, and the fact that they are inconsistent. Not about how all Americans aren't talented like you say.

I think you need to Re-Read the Post...

Now, the Americans like Kesler, Booth and Higgins are all on-and-off guys. Not talented enough.

He did, mention that they are inconsistent but if you Forgot to read the Rest of the post you would have Realized that he said they weren't talented enough.

And I will capitalize what I want, it's my post not yours so deal with it, if something that little bothers you so much.

zackass.png

#70 Flying Man

Flying Man

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Racist much? But I guess adding a Canadian all-star wouldn't be a bad thing
Posted Image

#71 AJK19

AJK19

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Currently almost about 60% of the Canucks roster is Canadian! (Which includes 0 Russians)

Posted Image

#72 Puckster

Puckster

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Its not just the Euro bashing that bothers me, Its that we need guys that we defend themselves when push come to shove!
The Sedins can stay, in my book, cause they have proven they are tougher than nails, they take a lickin and keep on ticken. But we need other guys to support them, that are willing to support themselves first.
Who are the guys that will not fight, period that are not named Sedin???
- Raymond
- Edler
- Salo
- Phallson
- Hanson ( seen him in one fight that broke his hand and kept him out for 6 months)
- Malhotra (anyone seen him fight)
- Tanev ?
Okay so this list is diminishing from previous years , which is stepping in the right direction!!!
Coho was replaced by Kassian, Errorhoff by Ballard

We have seen guys like Booth step up to the plate, Ballard has, Hamhuis has , Alberts and Rome have, Burrows has, Kesler has, I think Higgins has, We know Bieksa can and will,

BUT, who on our squad is that 3rd line guy that can step into the first or second line for a few shifts , that will go on assignment to beat crap outa an opponent that desperatly needs it???? who ? Kassian can fight and will do okay as a power forward in a year or 2 if he gets playing time , but he will not be that guy. That guy(that we need) is a scary mother like GINO, Boogard or ???? it was not and never will be a Hordichiuck or Ripper (they were in the wrong weight class, albeit Ripper pound for pound was the best I ever seen).
I am talking about a guy who will take 5, 10, and a game or 5 to scare the living sh*t out of some teams in retribution for the crap our Sedins are exposed to!!!!! and to wack an opponent a few extra when they try to turtle, is what I\M TALKING ABOUT HERE

END OF rant

WHEW MG go find us that guy!!! This Summer

I miss Big Bert, can you tell , I miss Willy, Dang I miss GINO

#73 Grind-Like-Lightning

Grind-Like-Lightning

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#74 Puckster

Puckster

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Can you imagine what Gino would have done, if a Dustin Brown type took that run at Bure????

in my mind Gino would have taken 2, 5. 10, a game and then 5 games and Dustin Brown would be OUT for the series and prob the playoffs. We would have lost that game anyways, But Teams would really think twice before running a SEDIN !!!!

That me Buckos would happen in the REG season so there would never be a need to fight in the playoffs, there would be a crapload more Respect/Fear period.

We have no DETERRENT so we are OPEN SEASON

#75 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

i agree with the OP 100%.
Fire MG

#76 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Germans like Sturm would have put us over the top
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#77 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

By Canadianize, do you mean to miss the playoffs like all the other Canadian teams?

This team is not far off. You don't win the Presidents trophy back to back years, once going to game 7 of the SCF by accident.

There are a few needs that should be addressed, but overall, this team is not playing as a team.
I Love Lamp...

#78 Bhela88

Bhela88

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

A 50 goal sniper who hasn't done anything since?

If we're looking for a solid, consistent sniper, look at Stamkos, who is Canadian.

(Keep in mind, I assume you're talking about Ovie and not Malkin, I think I would take Malkin above anybody in the league right now)

Hes no leader.. He cant manage to help his own team win a series... Ovie is a much more prolific player, he hits, he scores he plays with heart.. Dont get me wrong, Malkin had an amazing year and im not hating on him, but i would still always take Ovie over him...

Oh CDC of little faith...Does anyone else find it ironic that this thread was started by someone with the user name David Booth?

haha + for that :emot-parrot:

Edited by Bhela88, 16 April 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#79 Guest_The Brown Burrows_*

Guest_The Brown Burrows_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Obviously, Euros like Swedes (Edler), Danes and others can't win us the cup. They are too soft for today's NHL. They are not built for the playoffs.

Now, the Americans like Kesler, Booth and Higgins are all on-and-off guys. Not talented enough.

The only solution is to accumulate as much Canadians into the system like what Chicago and Boston did and win us the Cup.

The only exception to this is Luongo and Bieksa. They are Canadians but they fall into the category of the Americans.

Stupid thread is stupid, so here is my stupid opinion.
Your known to be a troll so anyone that is taking is thread seriously is stupid.

* Like the way I used stupid ?

Our current Canadians:
Alex Burrows: Decent
Maxim Lapierre: Decent
Zack Kassian: frackin useless
Manny Malhotra: Good but not the same as last year
Mason Raymond: Starts doing something in the playoffs
Dale Weise: More useless than Kassian
Kevin Bieksa: No show for Games 1 & 2
Marc-Andre Gragnani: We don't even let him play
Dan Hamhuis: Good for the most part
Chris Tanev: The rookie status is showing
Roberto Luongo: Not good enough

Edited by The Brown Burrows, 16 April 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#80 Odjickwillkillyou

Odjickwillkillyou

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Vladamir Konstantinov, Slava Kozlov, Sergei Federov, Igor Larionov, Slava Fetisov, Nick Lidstrom, Tomas Sandstrom and Tomas Holmstrom all say hello. You know the 1997 Stanley Cup Champs? Ridiculous notion OP. Seriously.

"Just cause I am from Cali does not mean I am not a Canuck. We are all Canucks!"

Special thanks to Marleau 12 for the siggy...

"Gino's got the Zaaaaaaaaaaaa's"

#81 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Obviously, Euros like Swedes (Edler), Danes and others can't win us the cup. They are too soft for today's NHL. They are not built for the playoffs.

The only solution is to accumulate as much Canadians into the system like what Chicago and Boston did and win us the Cup.

The only exception to this is Luongo and Bieksa. They are Canadians but they fall into the category of the Americans.

You go by the handle David Booth and then criticize our Euro and American players. Ironic? No idiotic.
Posted Image

#82 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Our current Canadians:

Zack Kassian: frackin useless
Manny Malhotra: Good but not the same as last year
Mason Raymond: Starts doing something in the playoffs
Dale Weise: More useless than Kassian
Kevin Bieksa: No show for Games 1 & 2
Marc-Andre Gragnani: We don't even let him play
Dan Hamhuis: Good for the most part
Chris Tanev: The rookie status is showing
Roberto Luongo: Not good enough

Ummm., pretty sure Burrows is Canadian. Lapierre as well. I thought it was impossible for this thread to get any stupider. Then I remembered I'm on the CDC.
Posted Image

#83 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

cuz your passport colour has a huge influence on how well you can play on any given night.

CDC GM League Posted Image General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#84 Guest_The Brown Burrows_*

Guest_The Brown Burrows_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Ummm., pretty sure Burrows is Canadian. Lapierre as well. I thought it was impossible for this thread to get any stupider. Then I remembered I'm on the CDC.

Forgot about them.

This thread is stupid.

I'm in L.A. so I'm not stupid unless you think flying to cheer on the team is considered stupid :picard:

Why would you go on CDC then? Dumbass.

Edited by The Brown Burrows, 16 April 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#85 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

I am tired of the goons that have hijacked this game and they don't come from Europe.

Give me Forsberg and Ulf Samuellson any day.

I am tiring of Canadians that think they own the game and their goon love affair thinking it makes a better game.

Hell has frozen over. So often I want to flame your posts nuck nit but you are bang-on with this comment. These are the same idiots that used to call the Sedins, the sisters. Those guys are as tough as nails for the abuse they take on the ice. They get back at teams' on the scoreboard. I'll take skill over goonery every day. I like tough, hard-hitting hockey but not the 4th line knuckle-dragger that gives nothing else.

I'm Canadian and proud of it but also tiring of those that think we are the only nation that can play this sport. As hockey continues to grow in the US these guys are all going to be crying in their Molson's as the US takes over this game.
Posted Image

#86 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Forgot about them.

This thread is stupid.

I'm in L.A. so I'm not stupid unless you think flying to cheer on the team is considered stupid :picard:

Why would you go on CDC then? Dumbass.

Good on you for flying to LA to support your team. So try supporting them on here as well.
Posted Image

#87 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Stop listening to Don Cherry.
Posted Image

#88 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Calgary Flames has a lot of Canadian players... and look at where they're at now

Posted Image

#89 BobHo

BobHo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

We need no-look pass aliens

#90 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

MG Should have grabbed Foligno from Buffalo aswell... sigh

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.