The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's Friggin Time To Canadianize This Team

RAMBUTANS

Almost every player you just named is kind of proving the OP's point. The Canadian players we have are either completely weak if not spineless (Burrows, Raymond), or they're just not talented enough to be more than 4th line plugs (Ebbett, Bitz, Pinizetto, Volpatti, etc.)

I agree. We do need more aggressive talent. It just so happens that most big, talented, aggressive players come from Canada.

I wouldn't be disappointed with offloading most of our top 6 in exchange for some players who will actually defend each other, or our stars, when it comes down to it.

Bieksa ALMOST defended Henrik tonight, but fell short soon after he grabbed Brown.

Burrows, bless him, tries to stick up for his teammates, but he's just not strong enough, and he's too dirty to really do much. We do need 1 or 2 top 6 players who are legitimate threats both offensively and mentally.

Right now, we don't have it.

I would argue its not "Canadian" players that we need, but more like "heart" players. Take for example Ryan Callahan on New York; he's not the most skilled, biggest, or fastest guy but he busts his ass every shift and stands up for his team mates. I know he's American, but heart and passion are qualities more often associated with North Americans in general than Europeans. I love the Sedins and Kesler, but I think it's become obvious that the leadership group on this team is just not what they need to get it done. Whether that comes from the top down (coaching) or not, I don't know.

On a different note, and I apologize that this isn't exactly on topic I just happened to see powerplay mentioned a few times, if you were AV would you have been using the powerplay breakout (the one with the drop pass and sideboards entry) all year, or saved it for the playoffs where it would be new and unpredictable to other teams? It seems like a tactical error that he allowed other coaches to develop ways to stop it when the games supposedly "didn't matter".

So Tim Thomas, Patrick Kane, Doug Weight, Chris Chelios, All Aren't Talented Enough, and there All people who won the Cup or been Finalists since the Lockout, and there's Probably More.

Your Saying all those Guys aren't Talented Enough? Just Stop.

:picard: Like I said, Just Stop.

Both are Plenty Talented and have both Proven it.

So Tim Thomas, Patrick Kane, Doug Weight, Chris Chelios, All Aren't Talented Enough, and there All people who won the Cup or been Finalists since the Lockout, and there's Probably More.

Your Saying all those Guys aren't Talented Enough? Just Stop.

:picard: Like I said, Just Stop.

Both are Plenty Talented and have both Proven it.

Obviously, Euros like Swedes (Edler), Danes and others can't win us the cup. They are too soft for today's NHL. They are not built for the playoffs.

Now, the Americans like Kesler, Booth and Higgins are all on-and-off guys. Not talented enough.

The only solution is to accumulate as much Canadians into the system like what Chicago and Boston did and win us the Cup.

The only exception to this is Luongo and Bieksa. They are Canadians but they fall into the category of the Americans.

Obviously, Euros like Swedes (Edler), Danes and others can't win us the cup. They are too soft for today's NHL. They are not built for the playoffs.

Now, the Americans like Kesler, Booth and Higgins are all on-and-off guys. Not talented enough.

The only solution is to accumulate as much Canadians into the system like what Chicago and Boston did and win us the Cup.

The only exception to this is Luongo and Bieksa. They are Canadians but they fall into the category of the Americans.

Sorry, but there are too many floating AmeroEuroWeenies on this team. I have defended Kesler to others in the past, but not any more. He's a sulking, diving, whiny loser and I can't believe we gave up on CoHo for that douchebag. Booth and Burrows are not top 6 material, and the Sedins are great in Edmonton or Columbus in November when no one is checking them...but when the game is on the line - WEAK.

Archived