The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So, It Turns Out The Canucks Actually Can't Score

Bossy

Even if we miraculously survive this series, how the eff are we supposed to deal with the likes of Chicago and Detroit? This playoff series is done and over. Time to cut our losses, make sure no one is injured anymore, and rebuild. Statistically speaking, we probably won't have another shot at the Stanley Cup Final for another few years.

maybe, but we traded a player who scored in clutch situations and all of these three games have been close. What i do know is that he would make much more of a difference than Kassian in these Playoffs. If the canucks didn't want Hodgson, or Hodgson wanted a trade, we could have done it in the off season.

If you wait till the offseason you risk him getting little ice time in the playoffs, and under AV I guarantee that would've happened. Thus he'd underperform and decrease his trade value.

Also if he did in fact ask for a trade and we waited till the summer to trade him you also risk the word getting out that he requested a trade and that decreases his value further as teams know you have to trade him

If you wait till the offseason you risk him getting little ice time in the playoffs, and under AV I guarantee that would've happened. Thus he'd underperform and decrease his trade value.

Also if he did in fact ask for a trade and we waited till the summer to trade him you also risk the word getting out that he requested a trade and that decreases his value further as teams know you have to trade him

Well, you can't expect to win a cup without someone who can be relied on to finish. We've been playing above our skill level for the past two season. I mean Burrows, Raymond and Hansen in your top 6? They're all 3rd liners and nothing more. Burrows and Hansen are great 3rd liners, but still.

We have Lappiere playing the powerplay. We do the same things to break out or set up every game. This team has no creativity, little skill beyond the Sedins on offense and no finish.

Hahah my bad.

I think we could get more for Luongo, but he limits us to either Tampa or Florida, in which either team really has what we need. I think we should trade Schneider, but that's because he could get what we need, and then that opens up 26 other teams for discussion.

Archived