Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

So, It Turns Out The Canucks Actually Can't Score

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#31 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

maybe, but we traded a player who scored in clutch situations and all of these three games have been close. What i do know is that he would make much more of a difference than Kassian in these Playoffs. If the canucks didn't want Hodgson, or Hodgson wanted a trade, we could have done it in the off season.

If you wait till the offseason you risk him getting little ice time in the playoffs, and under AV I guarantee that would've happened. Thus he'd underperform and decrease his trade value.

Also if he did in fact ask for a trade and we waited till the summer to trade him you also risk the word getting out that he requested a trade and that decreases his value further as teams know you have to trade him

#32 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:57 AM

If you wait till the offseason you risk him getting little ice time in the playoffs, and under AV I guarantee that would've happened. Thus he'd underperform and decrease his trade value.

Also if he did in fact ask for a trade and we waited till the summer to trade him you also risk the word getting out that he requested a trade and that decreases his value further as teams know you have to trade him

lol yea what we would get less than kassian? i don't think so i think he could have been in a package deal for Rick Nash

#33 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

HAHA Kassian... what a joke.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#34 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

Cody would've gotten tons of minutes with Daniel being out for who knows how long. He was valuable to us at the time of the trade and we wanted to win this year, why would we need to put so much consideration into the future needs at the cost of a player who can contribute now. I don't see how people are still trying to justify this trade. MG F'd up and I'm sure even he knows it.

sig by Malkin71

#35 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

People always want to justify stupid sh!t in their minds so that they can maintain their blind, foolish faith and optimism.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#36 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

Well, you can't expect to win a cup without someone who can be relied on to finish. We've been playing above our skill level for the past two season. I mean Burrows, Raymond and Hansen in your top 6? They're all 3rd liners and nothing more. Burrows and Hansen are great 3rd liners, but still.

We have Lappiere playing the powerplay. We do the same things to break out or set up every game. This team has no creativity, little skill beyond the Sedins on offense and no finish.

Burrows is at least a 2nd line player. No way he is a 3rd liner now after he had multiple 30+ goal seasons and multiple 20+ goal seasons. But if we want a Philly type team, then yes, he would be considered a 3rd liner. In this case, Kesler and Booth are also 3rd liners.

Posted Image

#37 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

Since Feb. we had too many guys not scoring regularly. I was concerned like a lot of people that this was not just a temporary slump, but now it seems apparent that we have some deeper issues.

#38 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:42 AM

Hodgson WAS NOT our franchise!

He was a 3rd line rookie, NOTHING MORE! If we didn't make that Kassian/Hodgson trade, we would STILL be down 3 games to none in the first round against LA.

Way to blow up a simple statement about having more scoring depth.

Of course there are no guarantee's in anything. But I like our chances scoring more WITH Hodgson, who scored key goals in wins against Boston and Chicago this year. Those weren't cupcake games. Our 4th highest scorer despite the choke collar AV had him on. I'd say that's pretty impressive. Enough to most probably have made a difference for us. So its pretty blindly ignorant to predict we'd still be down 3 games even with him in the lineup.

#39 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

Well, saying that Burrows, a guy that's score 30+ goals in a season isn't a top six guy is just plain wrong.

#40 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hahah my bad.

I think we could get more for Luongo, but he limits us to either Tampa or Florida, in which either team really has what we need. I think we should trade Schneider, but that's because he could get what we need, and then that opens up 26 other teams for discussion.

Schneider to the Oilers for their number one pick?? :bigblush:

#41 PeZzy

PeZzy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Why aren't the Canucks scoring? Does it make you scratch your head?

It shouldn't. Just look at all the past Stanley Cup winners. Most of them had a bonifide offensive defenseman.

What are the Canucks missing this season? You guessed it. It turns out Errorhoff was actually worth $40 million. Edler was able to fake being an offensive defensemen for awhile but then reality set in and he became average, making the Canucks and their PP average.

Yes...a single offensive defenseman means that much to a team. The previous season the Canucks were a fun-to-watch offensive team. This season they managed to squeak out one goal victories.

Offense begins on the backend. If your defense isn't moving the puck forward, then they are making your forwards backpeddle and backcheck. This is what we saw this season.

Unfortunately there appears to be no offensive defensemen available during the off-season. The Canucks will continue to decline until they manage to find one.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.