Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Only People Gone Are Av, Malhotra, And Raymond

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 tkoisthx

tkoisthx

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

I think you mean Mac T. Not T Mac there buddy.

Tracy McGrady would be a sick coach.

#32 Grind-Like-Lightning

Grind-Like-Lightning

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Pahlsson part of our future core? :sadno:
Posted Image Posted Image

#33 tkoisthx

tkoisthx

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Pahlsson part of our future core? :sadno:

I'd take Pahlsson at the 1.75-2M he'd re-sign for over Malhotra.

#34 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

malhotra - i cant see him getting traded or bought out just because he is a good guy and has really settled in here in van-city

Yep, thats a good reason to keep him and his salary cap hit :picard: If this team wants to ice the best lineup possible, you cant have a good portion of your teams payroll playing on the 4th line taking faceoffs.

MG's obsession with being seen as classy will be his downfall, made those stupid promises to players with NTCs and some ridiculous contracts will eventually get him fired.

#35 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

I'd take Pahlsson at the 1.75-2M he'd re-sign for over Malhotra.

Yes because Pahlsson for his age actually throws hits, gets in peoples faces.

I cant remember Malhotra throwing a decent hit so far in this series. I do remember him not being able to clear a simple ring around the boards that ended up costing us the game.

#36 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

AV will be back.

Malhotra isn't going anywhere, unless he retires.

Raymond will be traded for a low draft pick.

Pahlsson will be made an offer, as will Rome.

Salo will be made an offer if he wishes to continue playing.

The big question is at goaltender. I just hope there is a team out there willing to take BobbyLu's contract (Florida?). If so, he gets traded for a package of draft picks.

#37 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

posted this in another thread

I don't how this off season is going to unfold but here's what I would do if I was in charge.

I know players have NTC and NMC, but I think all bets are off and any changes that need to be made, are made. if a player has an NTC/NMC and MG wants to move them, he should be approaching them about waiving it........they've all had their chances to win here, and have failed.......Sedins included, who are in both the untouchable and bubble categories.

Untouchable
Danny
Hank
Schneider
Burrows
Lappiere
Hamhuis
Salo
Kassian
Higgins
Hansen
Tanev
Volpatti

Bubble players
Kesler
Edler
Booth
Bieksa
Danny
Hank
Pahlsson
Rome
Gragnani
Alberts
Pinnizoto
Weise

Gone
Luongo
Manny
Ballard
Raymond
Bitz
Ebbett

I put players in the untouchable category based on effort level, clutch play and committment to the team game. Shouldn't be too many surprises, as most of these players go full out, show a true committment to the team game and play their hearts out. I'm sure kassian gets a few eyebrows, but no way is the guy they traded hodgson for being moved out. All are on very good contracts for what they provide.

Bubble guys are players who don't seem to show up when they are truly needed, have inflated contracts for the services provided or are just non impact players, but aren't liabilities either. The twins are on this list too,a s they are the part of a core who have had their chance, imo, but I don't see them being moved. I think there is a 50/50 chance that Kes gets moved. I get he was injured, but I am getting a little tired of the Kesler show with his antics and his inability to create any kind of chemistry with anyone he plays with......he is the epitome of a selfish player. I think Booth, Pahlsson, Bieksa and Edler all stay, but it's no guarantee......if the right deal came along, or they needed cap space to sign a big name guy, they could be moved or not signed.

The gone category is pretty self explanatory. I don't see any way for Luongo to stay in Vancouver and his inconsistent play has worn out its welcome. He's been usurped by Schneider and it's time for him and the team to move on.......and I think he knows it. Manny has become dead weight with a big contract for what he provides. Pahlsson and Lappy provide the same service for a cheaper price and bring more intangibles to their game. Raymond........well I actually like him, but all flash, no dash, and it's time to get rid of the oevr abundance of players like that from the roster. Ballard is a no brainer, though he's been better......huge contract, but one dimensional. Bitz is useless, Ebbett redundant.

As I said, I understand there NTC's and NMC's involved, and that MG has said he would never approach a player about waiving it, but MG's job is in the bubble category so I expect he will do what is necessary to keep his job.

sadly, AV will land in Montreal, despite there being no replacement that is anywhere near his level.

#38 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Manny has become dead weight with a big contract for what he provides.

MG's job is in the bubble category so I expect he will do what is necessary to keep his job.

sadly, AV will land in Montreal, despite there being no replacement that is anywhere near his level.

Very well thought out post. Couple comments. Malhotra is asked to start something ridiculous % of his shifts with defensive zone faceoffs. I think in a lot of ways he's become indisposable in that role. He's not going anywhere next year unless he retires.

My sense is that GMMG has the full confidence of Aquilini. If so, AV isn't going anywhere.

#39 DisplacedBCfan

DisplacedBCfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

You're a fool to think we'd get rid of anyone else.

Sedins - off year; idc what bull crap you say Henrik played good enough for me this first round. He's only going to get better.

Kesler - Major Surgery, missed training camp, completely new line mates

Higgins, Booth, Hansen, Kassian, Pahllson, and Lapierre - Critical pieces to our future success they aren't going anywhere. They need to have more than a year and a half with a system before they are really going to click. Clam the frack down. Every single one can shoot, score, deke, hit, and has hands let them grow a bit together

Bieksa - I am glad you showed up in game 3. I am sorry you lost Rypien and LA is just unbearable, I don't know why Av put you with Edler.

Edler - I think someone just needs to yell at you and you'll get a lot better. T MAC T MAC T MAC

Hamhuis - please don't give us that frown anymore we'll win it eventually, I promise.

Tanev - Quietly become something unfathomable

Luongo - I am with you all the way now buddy. Cup toted by all the kings horses and all the kings men Pittsburgh precious Fleury had the same thing happen to him and my eyes are wide open. I believe in you number 1. Let's trade the ginger for the next Scott Neidemayer(Ryan Murray) and we'll all rejoice winning the cup together.

David Jones - Grew up in Poco 6'3 215. 20 goals 43 points in 72 games with Colorado, a wee replacement for Raymond we have all been dreaming of. UFA this July 1st

AV- Sometimes a coach gets tuned out. Sometimes a really really complacent coach gets really really tuned out. Bon soir mon amie.

-Merci

This sums it up for me. And really who can argue this. The only thing I disagree with is Kesler, isn't pictured. Sorry some of this core needs to go too.

Posted Image

#40 DisplacedBCfan

DisplacedBCfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

Very well thought out post. Couple comments. Malhotra is asked to start something ridiculous % of his shifts with defensive zone faceoffs. I think in a lot of ways he's become indisposable in that role. He's not going anywhere next year unless he retires.

My sense is that GMMG has the full confidence of Aquilini. If so, AV isn't going anywhere.

If Gillis doesn't fire AV and can't see what needs to be done then we aren't going anywhere either.

#41 DisplacedBCfan

DisplacedBCfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Luongo and Kesler for Lacavalier and Hedman

#42 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Elders beast.One off post-season doesn't mean u trade the guy. I believe he has learned this year and now he will win the Norris.

This. Edler is a special player. He's had one bad playoff series for whatever inexplicable reason. Hell, Edler was known as a playoff monster before this series. Even playoff monsters have bad series sometimes and Edler is still improving. It's sometimes easy to forget that he is only 25 (going to be 26 on the 21st). Oh, and by the way he has one of the team's only 5 goals in this series. So no, this isn't a player you trade.

I think the main order of business is the coaching. Alain Vigneault has to go. Gillis has made changes every year to the roster. At some point, when you're still not getting it done year after year you have to look at making changes outside of roster. Don't get me wrong, Vigneault has done some great things during his tenure as coach of the Vancouver Canucks. He has 5 division titles in his 6 years of coaching, 2 Presidents Trophies, and a Stanley Cup final run. He would have a lot of leeway in most cases but when you are on the verge of getting swept in the first round by the 8th seed the year after going all the way to the SCF the year before, it's unacceptable.

I am in favour of bringing up Craig MacTavish from the AHL. He's won the Cup as a player, he went to the final with as a coach with the Oilers in 2006 and he's much more involved with his team and keeps them accountable. AV said himself he lets the team take ownership of the room, which means there is not much accountability to the coach. Vigneault has also demonstrated a lack of abiilty to make adjustments in the playoffs. His mantra is stick with the system and that filters through to the players. How often do we find ourselves complaining about certain players doing the same thing over and over again, even though it just isn't working?

A new voice behind the bench is needed with a new plan, not new players. The Canucks have an elite core, one that I refuse to believe needs changes. A different coach should be able to work with the components the Canucks possess and add his own plan and hockey philosophy to.

#43 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Raymond replaced with someone that can score a few goals but do you really think Gillis will can AV after another President's Trophy? That doesn't mean i'm against the idea...just that I don't think MG will pull the trigger on such a move.

If we fail to get out of the first round I think/hope he fires Vigneault. with the expectations as high as they were and how flat they came out, a shake up is needed. hes not motivating his players, plays favorites, doesn't groom young players. etc

#44 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Pat Quinn and Trevor Linden!

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#45 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

I don't mind Malhotra staying. He's there for leadership and faceoffs.

AV needs to go. The complaint when the Canucks lost against Chicago was that he was outcoached. And I'm feeling the same thing against Boston and now LA. You have one of the highest scoring teams in the league running into hot goalies. Good coaching watches the videotapes and finds holes in the defense and the goalie, and exploits it. AV says to stay the course... staying the course is not working. As a coach you have to make the right adjustments. You need to come up with a strategy that forces their defense to abandon their own strategies to get them out of their comfort zone.

And Raymond is the most inconsistent forward we have. With other guys you know what to expect. Raymond seems to ALWAYS be in a slump. He scores twice in 2 games to "bump the slump" and then he goes into yet another drought of 10+ games. I expect him to go for either a prospect or late round draft pick, or hopefully in a package deal if we are forced to lose either of Schneider or Luongo.

#46 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Cory gone.
Lu in for good.
Burr stays, ballard gone, raymond for sure gone, booth gone.

Start new system built around being physical, playing 2 way hockey, bring in larger defencemen (colorado for instance) and stop changing lines every game. Fire AV ( if we lose ) and just start fresh.

If they're going to build around a physical 2 way team, Booth ought to stay, since he was hitting everything that moved last night. And Raymond, as much as he's under performed, was not only throwing hits last night, but he was also breaking up plays left and right - very solid d game.
And while I'm at it, if you have to keep one goal tender, the obvious choice is Schneider. He's got a lot less miles than Lou and has shown over and over again that he's the real deal. Lou could bring us a huge return to fill in some of the glaring gaps in the d core and the physical 2 way forwards we're lacking.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#47 Deets

Deets

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Wow, some of you kids are just too much!

Lose against a good team? Let's trade everyone right now!! Haha

Did you guys forget, we were the best team of the regular season? It is obvious we need to make some moves this off season, but in no way do we need to rebuild a new team. What MG will try to do is add a couple players to put us over the edge. We're pretty close guys, but this is obviously not our year. Let's just try to calm down and not throw the baby out with the bath water.

#48 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

And to add to my rant about AV, he is the main reason that Hodgson is gone. Don't give me that Henrik/Kesler are already centers nonsense, we know that he has no problem asking players to play out of their natural positions - Burrows, Lapierre, Malhotra, to name a few. He is also the reason many of us have said to get rid of Ballard. These players have been solid for us, and have been in AV's doghouse for inexplicable reasons in favour of Raymond and Rome.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.