The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blake Price Complete Idiot

jetjordan81

I don t think they responded very well to the hit. Not enough was done to make Brown pay. Where was Kassian in the situation? Thats supposed to be his area of expertise. Even though he wasn t on the ice at the time, he should ve been all over it on his next shift. He was supposed to be a hammer; he looks more like a wet noodle.

Blake price is a fool. The Canucks needed a response after the brown hit. Blake seems to think it would have made no difference, and ridiculed anyone who thought differently.

MOMENTUM. The game is all about this. Teams fight for it all night. A timely goal, a big hit, a fight, a huge save. Times are constantly trying to get a psychological advantage. Dustin Brown has been a thorn in the side the entire time.

He ran our best player!!!!! Why? Because he can. Why??? Because teams no the Canucks will not respond physically. Now nor can they respond by scoring a timely goal like last year!!!

If AV sends wiese out next shift to punch browns face in, atleast they will try and steal the momentum back or lessen it for LA. Instead browns is sparked, the teams sparked, and BROWN scores the winner!!!!

You smash brown, mr Blake price. You goat him into a fight by punching him in the face!!! Brown is gone for the game!!!! No goal by brown!!!!!

Lineup for forth line. Duco, Bitz, Wiese. I don't care that none of them are centers. It's a line to smash faces like Brown, Carter, Richards. An insurance policy. First shift game 4. Line brawl.

Kassian is young. Dale Wiese would have been a better bet. We need some fire behind the bench. AVs passive emotional make-up rubs off on his team. Zero response equates to more liberties being taken and momentum for the other side. Sedin has a massive target on his back and no one seems to care. Just allow your best player to be humiliated and potentially injured. To me it's inexcusable.

In a tight hoxkey game the Canucks can't afford to go out there and try to mug Brown the very next shift.

If Kassian goes out there and simply attacks him which by the sounds of it is what people want. And then Kassian pulls an Aaron Asham and gets tossed, the Kings score 2 goals on the PP and take command of the game. This thread is then a "The Canucks Need to Be More Disciplined" thread.

The Canucks went after Brown after it happened, which was a clean hit by the way, and they didn't take a penalty. I have no problem with the way they responded. Momentum didn't shift after that hit so I don't know what you're talking about.

i have a feeling smash mouth hockey is only short term, as donald fehr is monitoring every step the NHL is making in regards to the attempted changes to protect the players. this is going to be NHLPA's top mandates in this years bargaining agreement, as it says that on their site. head shots have not been dealt with, as well as brain injuries. there's a storm brewing and it, may be a short season next year, or no season

You wanna rattle a goaltender? Look at some luongo tape from either Chicago or Boston. You get in his kitchen. You make his life absolutely difficult. Canucks had 40 shots from the perimeter with zero traffic or net presence. Totally ineffective. Quick hasn't had to be exceptional whatsoever.

Desperate times call for some old school tactics. You run the goalie. You rattle his cage. You through him off his game and distract his focus. Life is to easy for quick right now. It might cost us a penalty or two, but it might also break the seal.

As for Jimmy Crack.

You must not understand hockey very well. Browns hit was just another example of a team commanding their will and domination of a team. It's not ok to run our best player. Brown even admitted it provided a huge spark for his team, which ultimately led to a brown goal. LA came out storming in the first 5 mins of 3rd.

Momentum had shifted because of the hit. The Canucks failed in regaining it. A Fight could have provided a spark for us. We needed brown out of the game. This guy would have dropped the gloves if punched guaranteed. He plays close to the edge.

You wanna rattle a goaltender? Look at some luongo tape from either Chicago or Boston. You get in his kitchen. You make his life absolutely difficult. Canucks had 40 shots from the perimeter with zero traffic or net presence. Totally ineffective. Quick hasn't had to be exceptional whatsoever.

Desperate times call for some old school tactics. You run the goalie. You rattle his cage. You through him off his game and distract his focus. Life is to easy for quick right now. It might cost us a penalty or two, but it might also break the seal.

This rough stuff, that's just hockey, it's too bad that the league had to have everyone playing like pu$$135 for so long that Gillis thought this was the right way to go.. We found out that was wrong in the finals, so gillis tries to make us tougher, but we lose sight of what made us great as a team in the meantime....

Although yknow I keep thinking about when we beat Detroit in four when the west coast express was just coming of age...in eighth seed no less.... And Detroit had won the pres trophy that year too.... At least we aren't alone, lol.

In a tight hoxkey game the Canucks can't afford to go out there and try to mug Brown the very next shift.

If Kassian goes out there and simply attacks him which by the sounds of it is what people want. And then Kassian pulls an Aaron Asham and gets tossed, the Kings score 2 goals on the PP and take command of the game. This thread is then a "The Canucks Need to Be More Disciplined" thread.

The Canucks went after Brown after it happened, which was a clean hit by the way, and they didn't take a penalty. I have no problem with the way they responded. Momentum didn't shift after that hit so I don't know what you're talking about.

It's a roll of the dice, however a pugilistic response was needed. Again, momentum is everything in a hockey game, magnified immensely in the playoffs.

Blake price is a petulant snob. I was appalled at his complete dismissal of the need for retribution. He thinks most callers and fans are not as informed as the "all knowing" media. Completely trite and cliche is his show. Rude, arrogant and condescending.

Yeah in a tight game when you lose 2-0 in a series, not on home ice...it's a hell of a gamble to try and get back at him and maybe lose the game on the next powerplay.

However, if Bieksa you have challenge Brown to a man to man fight, they both would have gone 5 minutes for fighting. 5 minutes without brown on the ice is a huge ++++ for us.

I agree that brown should get his face caved in by one of our expendable players. The fact that nobody did anything obviously stems from our own players lack of confidence in this series.

didnt have confidence their teammates could kill off a 5 minute major which is what it likely would have been had someone pulled a carkner because i highly doubt brown would be swinging back.

I'll tell you something. Canucks need to put a player on the ice that becomes public enemy #1 in LA. We've dealt with enough of this bull in Vancouver and it's time someone tuned up somebody on the Kings.

Proof;

Johnny Boychuk breaks Mason Raymonds back

Duncan Keith puts Daniel Sedin out indefinitely with a cheap shot elbow

Piece of crap Marchand takes out Salo's legs

I actually can't think of anyone other than maybe Torres on Seabrook last year that has done anything similar. Good or bad? All of the above are bull cheap shots, but I think it's time we got ours in. I'm not counting Rome taking out Horton because Rome got the rest of the SCF. If Shanahan saw the Rome hit this year, I guarantee he gets 2 games max.

Lastly.. why isn't someone tapping Zach Kassian on the shoulder at the bench and saying "Go get'm. NOW." and letting that crazy bastard fly? Kassian honestly looks like he's had an overdose of Ritalin on the ice. Go out there, pick a guy, and when he gets the puck, hammer him! Does the guy not get what he's been brought here to do?

Oh well back to work.

Archived