The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My Two Cents....your Two Cents?

mr wicked

I agree with the original poster. we are missing chemistry with Booth. I hate it when people say this team has no heart. that is complete bull. It seems to me that our pp started a downward slide before the hodgson trade. we cant blame that. Daniel and henriks points production started to slide before hodgsons departure. There are a few things wrong with this team and lack of heart arent it.

1. chemistry on the sedin line had slipped a while ago and now Daniels departure has made it worse

2. chemistry on the second line has gone down the tubes and when you try to shuffle players around you mess with the chemistry of other lines. also something is wrong with kesler. Again if you accuse this player of not having heart then i truly think you have your head up your bum.

3 AV is hanging onto hopes of Mason Raymond turning his game around. He is giving raymond ice time because of his other attributes (backchecking and speed and pk) but his primary purpose should be to add to the scoring punch.....not happening. even my wife who doesnt really know hockey asked me why he keeps falling down. he has even been falling down when he isnt touched I find it hard to beleive he is still playing. This worsens the second line chemistry issues when he is on it.

i believe our offense was our identity as a team. thats gone because of the above reasons. we are still strong on the puck and work hard but we play as though we are a bunch that have just met. Mental fatigue is what will leak out about our guys when these playoffs are done.

While i hope the canucks can go on a 4 game winning streak, I would like to share my 2 cents about the situation. This team has become a shoot first team, puting it in the goalies logo every time, This team wasen't like this the last few seasons....heck... they weren't even like this at the begining of the year. If i could put a finger on it i would put it on the booth trade.... don't get me wrong booth is a good player, but i believe his playing style "shoot first" game has changed the team.... but mostly in kesler... these two on the same line are not working...and when seperated they still do not use there line mates! The trade that moved play maker samuelsson in for a shoot first power forward was a mistake. Since the trade I see mostly Booth and Kesler but followed by raymond,higgins,hansen,malhaltra take the "shoot first" antics, What happend to moving the puck around to make the other team and goalie scramble? Even watching odd man rushes in our favour wheather it is a 3 on 1 or 2 on 1 , you look for the 1,2 pass, or the tic tac toe pass to make the goalie scramble... but all we got to offer is a puck on his logo. With a do or die situation like we got we have to try and get the shoot first players on puck moving lines, my suggestion is: (1) Sedin Sedin Burrows   (2)Higgins Kesler Lappy (3)Booth Pahlsson Hansen (4)Kassian Malhaltra Raymond..... I say kassian on the power play,to park is ass infront of the net. And why did we not see what schroeder had to offer before the playoffs? maybe he is our dustin brown...our hidden gem. All i can say is one of these players ,booth or kesler gotta go in the off season. With both goalies having such high trade value a package with one of those players could bring in some significants.....say isn't nash available? thats my two cents.

I used to think the team passed once too many but lately I think we are one pass short. The pass that moves the goalie. Also on breakaways Quick comes out so far he is asking to be deked. Too many times as with Tim Thomas we are hurrying into the low percentage shot.

My two cents: this team had no motivation all season long, we kept going to shoot outs, then we went through a stretch when we lost to a lot of bottom feeders and towards the end we just became stale. Now in playoffs they've developed bad habits and took the kings for granted and came out flat in the first game which set the tone for the series. I also blame gillis for trying to change the team's mentality of winning by 1 goal, why not try this from the start of the season ? I'm gonna be honest I have a feeling this team my tank on purpose tomorrow so they don't have to face the home crowd.

We didn't have character last year, we don't have character this year, until gillis figures out what kinda team he wants we'r gonna be stale like this, or he can pack his bags with AV and GTFO.

I would hire you to coach the team if I could. The lines you have look great and your dead on with the Ryan-David point, they should not be on the same line as they don't use each other. I don't know why AV can't see this. I would take it one step farther and move Ryan to the wing as a non passing center can kill a line. He is no longer the defensive checker he once was and now looks like a bad center. As a winger he could be great.

• 8 months later...

Archived