The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler - Where Are You?

mangosteens

No goals in the playoffs.

1 goal in the last 15 games.

When is the last time Kesler looked dangerous out there?

The only that he is noticeable for is trying to embellish penalties.

We are not in the dressing room, but I have to think that seeing a leader on your team out there flopping and whining cannot sit well. Management instructed him to cut it out last year, which he did, but has now reverted back to these shenanigans. Kesler is supposed to be a gritty two-way forward, but honestly Brown and Richards are making him look like a chump this series.

Kesler's no trade clause does not kick in until the start of the 2012-13 season. Could this be another Carter/Richards situation where he is moved in the off season?

Kesler's play is so annoying these days. He doesn't pass to anyone, he's chirping at the ref's again and he dives like it's going out of style. I know he is coming back this year off of major injury but it's his bad habits that are driving me up the wall.

I would move Kesler before I ditch Vigneault if this team get's blown out by LA.

Not that I'm defending Kesler, he has been sub par all year...but embelishing?

He didn't embelish anymore than Richards did.

Yet all the haters are calling the Canucks divers?

What a joke.

The Kings are more like Queens IMHO - almost every time they see a hit coming, they turn their backs - hoping to draw a penalty (which they have done several times this series).

Not that I'm defending Kesler, he has been sub par all year...but embelishing?

He didn't embelish anymore than Richards did.

Yet all the haters are calling the Canucks divers?

What a joke.

The Kings are more like Queens IMHO - almost every time they see a hit coming, they turn their backs - hoping to draw a penalty (which they have done several times this series).

kesler is a mess right now, I think booth is just not working out . kes has no interest in using his line mates, the problem is watching him this year, his hands doesn't seem to be there seems like they are rock hard. he doesn't have the jump that he used to have, looks down at the puck a few times when he starts a rush, loses it for a split second each time like he can't stick handle, then takes outside shots regardless if he has puck support or none

Kesler has not been the same since his off season hip surgery so I'm assuming the injury and resulting surgery were far worse and far more extensive than we were led to believe. I believe this is also his second hip surgery. (??) Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that point.

The two most glaring changes I have noticed with Kesler since his return are (1) he is half a step (maybe even a whole step) slower than he was before the injury, and (2) that wicked wrist shot that he used to literally blow by goalies last year has vanished, (doesn't look like he can generate any leverage)

All I see now is a guy desperately trying to make something happen all on his own, and for the most part ignoring his wingers. No wonder there is no chemistry on the second line. Used to be called the "helicopter" line

because it was all center (Kesler) and no wingers. The Canucks went out and got some wingers for him to play with and it's still all about the center. (??)

If this is the best Ryan Kesler has to offer down the road then I think he and the Canucks would be better off parting ways in the off season.

:)

I think the coach has no answers for the team. I think the team is lost under AV; its that simple.

They have no faith in AV and its his own fault. Have we ever seen Kessler benched? When was the last time AV motivated any of his team. Why is Raymond even playing, or Salo, or Edler these last few games. If the team is so deep why play an aging Dman or high speed floater. Oh well some small change and the fans will keep coming to Rogers arena, but AV is done.

Archived