The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lay Off Kassian

J.I.A.H.N

So, too many posters are dumping all over Kassian, for not being Hodgson. Come on everyone! Kassians only on the ice 4 minutes a game. Doesn't that sound just like what Hodgson had to endure?

His game is entirely different than Hodgsons, and yes we could use Codys points right now, but that is not Kassians fault.

Now, Kassian is a young power forward, that can fight and hit, but don't think for a minute that AV has not told him to lay low, and don't start anything. That basically handcuffs the poor kid. Watch the other rounds, players are on the ice fighting everywhere. Standing up for their team mates. Just watched Hartnell after a fight screaming and raising his arms, basically stating that I love this, bring it on! Showing emotion ( I am a warrior! I will take on everyone Whooo! )

Carkner just received a suspension for beating up Boyle (6'5"), that was for hitting Ottawa's talented/young dman.....don't mess with us! Whooooo!

Kassian can do that, so can Bitz, so can KB, but if AV parks you on the bench and ties your hands, then all you can do is sit, and then when you get out, crap! Better not start anything cause AV will be pissed and just sit me more!

If you want to blame anyone, blame AV and MG......not a 21 year old rookie!

No, he looks totally out of place. He is a pro athelete he gets no free pass. He is only in the lineup to justify this awful trade Gillis made. AV knows he has to dress him, his lack of ice-time is the result of him being unable to keep up with the pace of the game at a pro level. There is a reason why he was a healthy scratch with Buffalo, he cant cut it yet. Such a awful trade, yet there are still people defending it. Canucks are down 0-3, cant score, cant even hit, so whats the purpose of playing him? Man atleast Bernier or Pyatt actually won a fight in the big leagues, whats this clown done? Not even AHL ready.

Kassian has long way to go and I'm certain that the organization will help him become a great player in the future with his skills. Kassian's usefulness is limited as of now but he will be a great asset when playing against teams like BOS, PHI.

If AV would let Kassian play his game then I don't think this would be an issue, look what happened when given proper ice time and was hitting everything that moved in the Buffalo game. He needs to be let off whatever leash AV has him on.

LoL at the Kassian fanboys. The guy is less useful than a pylon. AV is not using him properly? Give me a break. He's not using him because he's bloody useless. Hodgson brings so much more to the table it's not even close. I can't believe MG thought this trade was a good idea.

You all keep saying he can "skate" and "hit" and "fight"... are you watching the same Kassian I am? I have seen nothing of the sort. With the limited ice-time he does get you'd think he'd try and make a big hit or two. But nope. NOTHING.

I think it's important for people to remember that Kassian was brought in as a LONG TERM INVESTMENT. I certainly didn't expect him to light it up in the playoffs. He's still so new and has so much growing to do. So unfair that people are beating him up.

The team as a whole is struggling and our top players aren't performing to their potential. We can't really point fingers here.

LoL at the Kassian fanboys. The guy is less useful than a pylon. AV is not using him properly? Give me a break. He's not using him because he's bloody useless. Hodgson brings so much more to the table it's not even close. I can't believe MG thought this trade was a good idea.

You all keep saying he can "skate" and "hit" and "fight"... are you watching the same Kassian I am? I have seen nothing of the sort. With the limited ice-time he does get you'd think he'd try and make a big hit or two. But nope. NOTHING.

Everyone should remember that acquiring Kassian was done for the long-term, and Hodgson had no place here in the future with the Centres we already have. Let's face it, MG was handcuffed by Hodgson's camp (its clear there was something going on there with regards to a trade request or at least something along those lines) and had to make a deal.

The sequence of deals gave us a more complete roster and the scoring that we're missing is that from the top-6, not from the bottom-6. The defensive play from the forwards has actually been good, better than with Hodgson, most goals in this series have really come from misplays by the defence.

The deal was made with more faith in our top-6, but they have not been good enough (obviously missing Daniel is a big part of it). The top-6 was able to take us to the SCF last year so I think it was fair to have faith in them to do the scoring this year, and that an improved defensive bottom-6 (compared to last year) would help get us over the hump.

Also, tough, physical players like Kassian are bound to take time to adapt to the NHL (and he is also a year younger than Hodgson). Remember when a lot of us ruled Hodgson as a bust last year?

Archived