• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davinci

Oilers & Justin Schultz

Can somebody quickly explain to me why every time I look for updates on Justin Schultz's status all the news articles are from the Oilers. Aside from the Nuge, Hall, Yakupov, and Eberle why are the Oilers so convinced they can get this guy? I don't understand it! If anything the Canucks should be excited because he is a hometown boy and we have a great team.

that's an easy one, they have nothing else to talk about other than the next great prospect to join their team. it's a combination of nail (guarantee) and justin (speculation). calgary has to talk about tearing their team apart, toronto has to talk about truculence, winnipeg can talk about tweaks and moving into the playoffs next season, and montreal has to talk about... well, honestly i have no clue, it's all in french :P

Because Bob McKenzie stated that if he was Schultz, he would sign in Edmonton.

Nobody wants to play in Edmonton.

Because Edmonton is probably a really good fit for Schultz. They have a very young and talented core which he can join into and grow with them into there prime, and because Edmonton's defense is weak, especially with offensive minded defensemen and would be an easier for Schultz to make the big club.

But no one else is talking about him because I believe he has stated he will not sign a contract until a new CBA is decided on since he would rather play his final year in college than to sign with a club, loose he eligibility and have to play in Europe or AHL for a year if there is a lockout

that's an easy one, they have nothing else to talk about other than the next great prospect to join their team. it's a combination of nail (guarantee) and justin (speculation). calgary has to talk about tearing their team apart, toronto has to talk about truculence, winnipeg can talk about tweaks and moving into the playoffs next season, and montreal has to talk about... well, honestly i have no clue, it's all in french :P

Wow, just wow, Mckenzie is just speculating, theres no evidence of even any hits of him wanting to go free agency let alone wanting to sign for the worst team in the NHL. If he was, but he's not Justin Schultz, and If he really knew who Justin Shultz was, Justin Shultz was a guy who grew up dreaming of playing with the Vancouver Canucks. Yea, theres a good young core there.. PIttsburgh has one too. Philly is an awesome destination. How bout none other then the Vancouver Canucks? However I think he will stay in Anahiem.

Wow, just wow, Mckenzie is just speculating, theres no evidence of even any hits of him wanting to go free agency let alone wanting to sign for the worst team in the NHL. If he was, but he's not Justin Schultz, and If he really knew who Justin Shultz was, Justin Shultz was a guy who grew up dreaming of playing with the Vancouver Canucks. Yea, theres a good young core there.. PIttsburgh has one too. Philly is an awesome destination. How bout none other then the Vancouver Canucks? However I think he will stay in Anahiem.

I think that you might be wrong about that on July 1st.

Who wouldn't want to backup a crop of young guys like they have?

Edmonton's not far from having a good team, and a bit of luck away from being a great team in a couple years.

If you wanted an opportunity to step in and contribute, then Edmonton looks desirable.

I think that you might be wrong about that on July 1st.

Who wouldn't want to backup a crop of young guys like they have?

Edmonton's not far from having a good team, and a bit of luck away from being a great team in a couple years.

If you wanted an opportunity to step in and contribute, then Edmonton looks desirable.

I don't think alot of players really care for playing in their home provice. Ya it's awesome for them when their family come to games and watch. But it's not even close to what they care for. If it were the case then played like Sakic and Neely would have been playing for us. And right now we'd have players like Lucic and Turris and Weber. They look at more than a home town deal it's pretty obvious.

So all the young studs should now go to Edmonton because they have a crop of young players and you can step right into their top pairing D and play. IF anything, UFAs usually don't sign in Edmonton because Edmonton is all about future and potential but they have never shown it.

I don't think alot of players really care for playing in their home provice. Ya it's awesome for them when their family come to games and watch. But it's not even close to what they care for. If it were the case then played like Sakic and Neely would have been playing for us. And right now we'd have players like Lucic and Turris and Weber. They look at more than a home town deal it's pretty obvious.

Schultz plays for edmonton he was traded for tom gilbert on deadline day with the wild

Unfortunately, that's why whenever we draft a B.C. boy it makes me happy. E.g. Connauton or sign a free agent e.g. Hamhuis.