The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wake Up Time

zejono

Hey guys, I dont know about you but I am sick of having our team year after year going in the playoffs and not be able to do anything offensively to a great defensive team. I hope this is the year that our management wakes up and finally gets players that are proven playoff performers. Like for example Torres who we let walk very easily for 1.75 mill. Calgary buys back all their players so I think we should get Torres back. It was stupid to let him walk and at 1.75, come on.Our fancy ass plays and passing obviously works great in the regular season but when playoffs comes around it is useless. Everybody watches tapes on us so those perfect fancy ass plays are not going to work. A kind of team I would like for playoffs would be kind of like. Oh ya, samuelsson and torres combined have the same points as our top 3 scores which have a cap hit of like 13 million.

Hartnell, ???? , Perry -Great scoring , can be physical

Booth??, Kesler, Higgins - Can play physical

Ott, Pahlson, Hansen- very physical

Kassian, Lapierre, Torres- Kills people who run our star players

hamhuis, weber

bieksa, edler

sutton, salo

Hi arm chair GM. You need a reality check. You think its easy to throw around names. Every team in the NHL

wants Hartnell, and after this year I doubt that the Flyers will get rid of him.

Sedins arent going anywhere. If we were able to attain Ott, do you not think we would have him right now?

If the Stars wanted to get rid of him, they wouldve at the trade deadline. Torres was traded off the team because

he was a liability, he took too many dumb penalities. At this point, we dont need anymore than we have been getting.

Thank you, go back to being that arm chair GM that you will always be.

Hi arm chair GM. You need a reality check. You think its easy to throw around names. Every team in the NHL

wants Hartnell, and after this year I doubt that the Flyers will get rid of him.

Sedins arent going anywhere. If we were able to attain Ott, do you not think we would have him right now?

If the Stars wanted to get rid of him, they wouldve at the trade deadline. Torres was traded off the team because

he was a liability, he took too many dumb penalities. At this point, we dont need anymore than we have been getting.

Thank you, go back to being that arm chair GM that you will always be.

Falloff. Sorry, but Kesler has been our most embarrasing player, last years play has gone to his head, now

he thinks he IS the Canucks. There is a reason why hes NOT captain. Kesler needs to stop diving and just

play hockey, if he would put all his energy into that, he would play better....I would be the happiest person

in the world if hes traded...hes my least favourite Canuck HANDS down.

zengo or whatever your name is...like I said "arm chair GM" Do you not think that Gillis knows a little bit

more than you??? If it were soooo easy to get those types of guys...we would have them, oh yeah so would

everyone else in the league

Our core should remain intact, they are too good to break up. I think we just need new perspectives on the game and adjust the way we've been playing. Making small changes with trading the minor players like Rome or Ebbett (I'm just throwing names out here, it's not like I know enough about hockey to say who should get traded), I can see.

I really like our core players. Great people on and off the ice and they are the reason I cheer for the Canucks. They define the team. The team's a little off right now and it certainly isn't a good time to be off, but I think it would be too drastic to change up the core. Everyone's emotions are all ramped up and I think that is what's fueling all this discussion about trading away the Sedins, Kesler, etc.

Archived