The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*very Cool* 2Pac Hologram At Cochella On Stage With Snoop Dogg And Dr.dre..

Guest AriGold

I'm 29 now and was a teenager in the best era of hip hop (opinion).

Pac and Biggies beef was insane. Wu-Tang was blowin up. Outkast was creeping in to the music scene. Dre was dropping classics. Dog Pound was unbelievable.

So. Good. Hip hop was so good.

I feel so sorry for kids that listen to ASAP Rocky, OFWGKTA and the like. Pac woulda straight sh** on these cats. He was a real G.

Kids these days won't ever see guys like that again.

I'm 29 now and was a teenager in the best era of hip hop (opinion).

Pac and Biggies beef was insane. Wu-Tang was blowin up. Outkast was creeping in to the music scene. Dre was dropping classics. Dog Pound was unbelievable.

So. Good. Hip hop was so good.

I feel so sorry for kids that listen to ASAP Rocky, OFWGKTA and the like. Pac woulda straight sh** on these cats. He was a real G.

Kids these days won't ever see guys like that again.

Give me Wu Tang, Tribe, and early Nas over 2pac, Dre, Snoop any day. Sure, they were real G's, but their music doesn't age well at all. 2Pac's anger and constant self-awareness is tiresome, and Snoop just seems to be a parody of himself these days, while his early music (still great for what it was), just seems too adolescent for me now. That's the state of rap, though. It's a kid's game. Kids these days don't want the G rap stuff, so OFGKTA (or whatever) serves their purpose as being completely shallow shock musicians, and ASAP Rocky is about as shallow as Snoop is these days, so I don't think there's much of a difference.

I loved their concert, only because of the fun and nostalgia it brings. How could you take them seriously as people?

On the other hand, I'd seriously pay to just watch Gza and Rza speak about their opinions on things.

Cool and creepy all at the same time.

Agreed! Very cool

That was amazing and to think there were rumors of us doing that for Terry Fox during the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Olympics, people would have gone ape-....!

I remember that rumour. Would have been AMAZING had they been able to do that and make it as good as Tupac. Would have put the emotion factor way over the top!

Archived