The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Or Die With Luu

Robongo

Lou plays more games...so...should be sharper and have better stats...not worse ! Stats are a measurement of performance and you can skew them however you want but his 2.41 GAA vs Corys 1.96 is miles apart !!

Robongo..its only your opinion that Schneids cannot stand up to a full schedule. Its yet to be proven or disproved, but at this point in time he is outplaying Luongo at every opportunity. Luongo starts poorly in the year...had another bad spell and has had the benefit of Schneids relieving him over 20 games this year. If you noticed...Luongo got pulled almost once every ten games this season ..a pretty high stat wouldn't you say ? he may be #1 in your mind..and wear that #...but hes #2 out of 2 goalies on this team !!

You're just giving an excuse of why he plays poor. If he can't handle the pressure, what is he doing here? This is Vancouver. There's going to be pressure regardless. You think Schneider doesn't have pressure when he's constantly put in big games? What about yesterday in a must win game?

If Daniel Sedin and Schneider play game 4, Canucks still have a chance to win the series! I'm a big Luongo fan but I think playing Schneider in net is the right thing to do as he can handle pressure better than Lu!

cory_schneider_roberto_luongo_van_032812.jpg

Lu Or Schneids - We Know That L.A. can't get more than 4 goals... So if the Canucks can get more than 4 goals which they can do or get close to doing (2010 PlayOffs - Canucks scored 7 in one game) than victory should be assured no matter how many we let in from 1 - 3! Lu & Schneids... Do Your Best Out There And Hopefully the Canucks Offence Will Repay You!

the team does owe Luongo something....10 million a year for the next few years.

i bet if that contract was based on results we would see a fire lit under lou and nothing would get past him.

lou your a gambilin man.....wan put your contract on the table?

this is going to be one tough choice for av.

1. go with lou and risk being fired for not using the better of the two that you have.

2. go with cs and risk not using your number 1

based on what i have seen, cs is your best chance for winning.

but if you loose, what choice saves av's job?

I don't know who will start or even who I would pick if the decision were mine, but I do know that people are yet again being overly eager to blame Luo. Cory only faced 20 shots last night, and only a few were seriously dangerous, including the one that went in. (And let's be honest. Had Luo let in that goal, some would be all over him saying it was the result of poor rebound control.) The majority of the game was spent in the offensive end and the D-men were much better than they had been in the previous 2 games, clearing rebounds, blocking shots, and keeping the Kings to the boards for much of the game. In reality, that goal was yet another example of the puck luck we don't seem to be able to buy for love or money but they seem to have in bulk from Costco.

Luo, on the other hand, faced 38 shots in the first game (and had a SV% of 0.921, just below Quick's SV% of 0.923 who faced 12 fewer shots) and had terrible team in front of him, especially the D-men. As for Game 2, Luo worked his butt off and got almost no help. One goal was admittedly on him (the SH breakaway where he just got out maneuvered by the shooter) but the rest of the time he was on his game....and on his own as much of the time his own D-men were on top of him (literally) or no where to be found.

And I do not understand the people who blame Luo for how the team in front of him plays. Firstly, it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges when looking at different games. The better game often comes right after the terrible one where the team knew they made mistakes and were striving to not repeat them the next game. That has little, if anything, to do with who's in net. Assuming that it's somehow Luo's fault, or a result of the team's lack of confidence in Luo, is based on nothing more than personal bias. Secondly, shouldn't the team play their best game regardless of who's in net? People want to complain about Luo's salary and how he's a failure if he gets anything less than a shutout every game but think it's ok for other players to phone in it because of (according to this theory, at least) who's in net?

Whoever's on the ice, whoever's in net, this is a team sport. We need a full team effort to win. And we need to have the confidence that they can win as a team. So, GO, CANUCKS, GO!

No brainer in my oppinion. Schneids played well yesterday and the team played better in front of him, but that could also be attributed to the fact they were down 2-0 in the series. You gotta go with the man you got signed for the next 7 years or whatever it is. Sink or swim with your number one man.

This thread should read " Die with Luu ".

Luu had lost 6 of his last 7 playoff starts and he would not want to know his own GAA and SV percentage in those 7games. But he has a 3.59 GAA and .891 SV percentage vs LA which ranked him 16th, almost the worst, among the 19 goalies who played in this playoff. Luongo's stats always go south in the playoffs and they don't lie and have no bias. Anyone who says goaltending was not a problem in games 1 and 2 simply doesn't get it. You simply cannot DO but DIE with this guy. Schneider however has a 1.03 GAA and a .950 SV percentage playing for the same dismal team.

Chicago almost cameback when down by 3 in the series and I do not think it is right attitude for Vancouver to choose to DIE at this point. But you never know what the morons MG and AV are thinking.

...but the game is not always 5 on 5....so stop cherry picking the stats....the stats are based on all facets of the game...power plays, short handed and 5 on 5....maybe what you are saying is that Lou is not very good unless its 5 on 5 ??? He gave up 2.41 goals PER GAME this season while Schneider was 1.96....wonder what Schneids stats are 5 on 5 LOL such a joke !!

Don't really care at this point what Schneider's numbers would look like if he played the same number of games that Lou's played. My only concern is which goalie gives the Canucks the best chance to win game # 4 on Wednesday? Which goalie does the team seem to play better in front of? I don't want to talk about fairness..or we owe this guy...or hurt feelings. If I was coach V, Schneider would be playing because he gives us the best chance to win.

Archived