The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Or Die With Luu

Robongo

If I thought we had a realistic chance of coming back i would go with Cory because he gives us a better chance to win. With the play of quick I can't see us winning 4 in a row so I say go with Lou. It will give him a chance to redeem himself and give us a chance to see him fight for it (or not).

<p>

If I thought we had a realistic chance of coming back i would go with Cory because he gives us a better chance to win. With the play of quick I can't see us winning 4 in a row so I say go with Lou. It will give him a chance to redeem himself and give us a chance to see him fight for it (or not).

People say we would not have won the first 2 games with Schneider !! Thats pure speculationj on your part and without basis. Any goalie can steal a game or two...and if Schneids played to his GAA of 1.96 then yes we had a great chance to win one or both games. It is proven by stats that Lous GAA rises in playoff situations and if it rises from his 2.41 GAA...and it has then we are playing the wrong goaltender.

Schneider gives us the best chance to get back into the series, based on his season numbers. Nothing against Lou personally but Schneids deserves to start.

People say we would not have won the first 2 games with Schneider !! Thats pure speculationj on your part and without basis. Any goalie can steal a game or two...and if Schneids played to his GAA of 1.96 then yes we had a great chance to win one or both games. It is proven by stats that Lous GAA rises in playoff situations and if it rises from his 2.41 GAA...and it has then we are playing the wrong goaltender.

Schneider gives us the best chance to get back into the series, based on his season numbers. Nothing against Lou personally but Schneids deserves to start.

Firstly , I did not say Lou cost us the first 2 games,,,I did say...maybe a hot goalie might have won one or 2..it happens...quick won La game 3 !! You have a lot of rebuttals but offer no concrete solutions...anyone who. you feel, critizes Lou..you come up with the only words you can spell...speculation....and hater... go do your homework...and let the adults chat !! .As I told you before...43 yrs of playing and coaching goalies..gives me a leg up on a teenage midget house player !! now..be a good boy and go ouutside and play !!

Despite the 3rd game's performance, Corey was shaky in the first period, he almost screwed up handling that puck behind the net but after that he recovered and yes that goal wasn't his fault. Lu has yet to impress me in the first 2 games, he looked more like a backup goalie.

As for the Pens, Crosby needs to be put in a dimly lit room and be told to ignore th funny business the Flyers has been putting on him, Crosby crashes hard when he loses his patience.

Lou lets in 3 goals with terrible defence, tons of shots and 20 powerplays against. Schneid lets in 1 from virtually no chances and a game where we dominated? Very even but if the team plays well infront of Lou it really is a nobrainer

Guest gumballthechewy

I really don't know how anybody who has actually sat down and watched a full season of the Canucks can honestly sit there and tell themselves that either goalie is better! They are BOTH amazing goalies in there own way and they both have faults but really, what goalie doesn't?

Yeah Lu can piss us all off with a crappy game or two but he is in all honesty the best goalie this franchise has seen. (and this is coming from a guy who saw the '94 run and thinks McLean was a god!)

If I was building a team it would be really hard to choose between them. (unless I could take both!) On a personal level I'd take Schneider because I like his personality and demeanor more than Luongo's, but that's just a personal thing, in net it wouldn't mater to me who was playing.

No there's plenty of doubt about it.

There was a lot more going on than Richards shooting and Luongo not saving it.

I know as a Canucks fan it's difficult to grasp that there's more than just black and white when pointing fingers but there is no doubt about the fact that there's plenty going on on the ice. I will say he should have had it but that's an entirely different thing.

Archived