The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Or Die With Luu

Robongo

As much as I love Luongo, I think it would be better for the franchise and its fans to go with Schneider. No one is as polarizing as Luongo and everybody loves Schneider and he is a fantastic goalie to boot.

In my opinion, if Luongo didn't have such an un-workable contract, I'd go with Schneids who is much younger and playing just as good if not better than Luo. Of course people will bring up the fact that Schneider hasn't had a full work-load yet and is still somewhat unproven, but if he can play like is has for the past two years, especially like he has in the big games, I don't see the problem. Everyone is confident and calm when Schneider is in net and like it or not, we all have that "which Luo are we going to get tonight" running through our minds when Luongo plays.

But all of this doesn't matter because Luongo's contract is impossible to work with. We are stuck with him. Which isn't a bad thing at all. He is still a great goalie, but like I said above, I believe that Schneider being younger with so much potential would be the wiser choice for this franchise.

Edit: grammar and spelling

No no it is a different thing actually.

See people who don't understand the game often think the same way you do which is entirely too black and white. It's understandable as hockey is a very fast game with many things going on at once which is why it's easier just to toss blame at one guy rather than look at...well reality.

No, No, sometimes it really is black and white, especially to people who do understand the game. Then there are some who think they have a wealth of knowledge, but would be better served commenting on a game like say ringette, and I'm sure there are discussion boards out there where they would be very welcome.

I actually think we might have seen the last of Lou. Can't imagine what he must be thinking if he doesn't get the start tomorrow. If Cory pulls off a win and then game five comes up and he will start again... i really think that guy is done all that he will do for us, it's been a good run!

We could have been down 4-0 if it wasn't for Schneider. I'm a Lu and Schneider fan, I don't prefer one over the other however there were some saves that Schneider made to keep it a 0-0 game and I'm sure Luongo wouldn't have been able to stop it. (eg. 3 on 1 where Schneider lunged laterally and was still upright to get a shoulder on the puck whereas Luongo would have lunged but would have had the whole top of the net open due to his tendency to laying down on the ice.)

Even the LAK goal wasn't Schneider's fault.. Edler having no coverage on Brown who was all alone in front of the net only to rebound the game winner... ridiculous.

Luongo's team in game one and two. 0-2 and eight goals allowed. Schneider's team in game three. Still no win but only one goal allowed. My bet is Scheider's team in game four as well. Can't afford another possible 4 goal game against and we certainly can't afford a couple of "softies" early. Schneider gives us the best opportuntiy to win IMHO.

Interesting scenario for sure. Start Luongo tomorrow night and we loose. AV is gone for sure and Luongo will be in Tampa or Florida by the end of August. No trade clause or not. Trust me on that one. If we start Schneider and he manages to save the day, then AV just might be able to keep his job, but it's pretty safe be that Luongo is gone by the end of August. Start Luongo tomorrow night and he saves the day and we win. Mmmmmm. Glad I'm not going to be the GM making that decison.

:)

this is going to be one tough choice for av.

1. go with lou and risk being fired for not using the better of the two that you have.

2. go with cs and risk not using your number 1

based on what i have seen, cs is your best chance for winning.

but if you loose, what choice saves av's job?

Archived