Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Do Or Die With Luu

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
159 replies to this topic

#31 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

the team does owe Luongo something....10 million a year for the next few years.
i bet if that contract was based on results we would see a fire lit under lou and nothing would get past him.
lou your a gambilin man.....wan put your contract on the table?

Luongo isn't making 10 million a year for the next few years.. he made 10 million last year, and he's only making 6.7 now.
Plus, his cap hit is 5.3.
Would you rather have a cap hit with somebody like Price or Ward which are 5.6+ cap hits and can't bring their teams even into the playoffs?
Nonetheless, I would start Schneids. This could potentially be his last game as a Canuck.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#32 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

nahh, just stick with schneids!!

#33 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

this is going to be one tough choice for av.

• go with lou and risk being fired for not using the better of the two that you have.
  • go with cs and risk not using your number 1
based on what i have seen, cs is your best chance for winning.
but if you loose, what choice saves av's job?

Your 2nd point is just bad :lol:

If he uses Schneider, he's not risking benching Lu, he is.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#34 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

I don't know who will start or even who I would pick if the decision were mine, but I do know that people are yet again being overly eager to blame Luo. Cory only faced 20 shots last night, and only a few were seriously dangerous, including the one that went in. (And let's be honest. Had Luo let in that goal, some would be all over him saying it was the result of poor rebound control.) The majority of the game was spent in the offensive end and the D-men were much better than they had been in the previous 2 games, clearing rebounds, blocking shots, and keeping the Kings to the boards for much of the game. In reality, that goal was yet another example of the puck luck we don't seem to be able to buy for love or money but they seem to have in bulk from Costco.

Luo, on the other hand, faced 38 shots in the first game (and had a SV% of 0.921, just below Quick's SV% of 0.923 who faced 12 fewer shots) and had terrible team in front of him, especially the D-men. As for Game 2, Luo worked his butt off and got almost no help. One goal was admittedly on him (the SH breakaway where he just got out maneuvered by the shooter) but the rest of the time he was on his game....and on his own as much of the time his own D-men were on top of him (literally) or no where to be found.

And I do not understand the people who blame Luo for how the team in front of him plays. Firstly, it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges when looking at different games. The better game often comes right after the terrible one where the team knew they made mistakes and were striving to not repeat them the next game. That has little, if anything, to do with who's in net. Assuming that it's somehow Luo's fault, or a result of the team's lack of confidence in Luo, is based on nothing more than personal bias. Secondly, shouldn't the team play their best game regardless of who's in net? People want to complain about Luo's salary and how he's a failure if he gets anything less than a shutout every game but think it's ok for other players to phone in it because of (according to this theory, at least) who's in net?

Whoever's on the ice, whoever's in net, this is a team sport. We need a full team effort to win. And we need to have the confidence that they can win as a team. So, GO, CANUCKS, GO!
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#35 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

No brainer in my oppinion. Schneids played well yesterday and the team played better in front of him, but that could also be attributed to the fact they were down 2-0 in the series. You gotta go with the man you got signed for the next 7 years or whatever it is. Sink or swim with your number one man.

This thread should read " Die with Luu ".

Luu had lost 6 of his last 7 playoff starts and he would not want to know his own GAA and SV percentage in those 7games. But he has a 3.59 GAA and .891 SV percentage vs LA which ranked him 16th, almost the worst, among the 19 goalies who played in this playoff. Luongo's stats always go south in the playoffs and they don't lie and have no bias. Anyone who says goaltending was not a problem in games 1 and 2 simply doesn't get it. You simply cannot DO but DIE with this guy. Schneider however has a 1.03 GAA and a .950 SV percentage playing for the same dismal team.

Chicago almost cameback when down by 3 in the series and I do not think it is right attitude for Vancouver to choose to DIE at this point. But you never know what the morons MG and AV are thinking.

#36 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

This thread should read " Die with Luu ".

Luu had lost 6 of his last 7 playoff starts and he would not want to know his own GAA and SV percentage in those 7games. But he has a 3.59 GAA and .891 SV percentage vs LA which ranked him 16th, almost the worst, among the 19 goalies who played in this playoff. Luongo's stats always go south in the playoffs and they don't lie and have no bias. Anyone who says goaltending was not a problem in games 1 and 2 simply doesn't get it. You simply cannot DO but DIE with this guy. Schneider however has a 1.03 GAA and a .950 SV percentage playing for the same dismal team.

Chicago almost cameback when down by 3 in the series and I do not think it is right attitude for Vancouver to choose to DIE at this point. But you never know what the morons MG and AV are thinking.

Funny, Luongo has a save percentage of .951% when the team plays even strength against the Kings. Laying blame on Luongo for stepping up his performance this post season is ludicrous.

Edited by Hockey!?, 16 April 2012 - 03:11 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

...but the game is not always 5 on 5....so stop cherry picking the stats....the stats are based on all facets of the game...power plays, short handed and 5 on 5....maybe what you are saying is that Lou is not very good unless its 5 on 5 ??? He gave up 2.41 goals PER GAME this season while Schneider was 1.96....wonder what Schneids stats are 5 on 5 LOL such a joke !!

#38 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Funny, Luongo has a save percentage of .951% when the team plays even strength against the Kings. Laying blame on Luongo for stepping up his performance this post season is ludicrous.

#39 Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Schneider 0-2 in playoff starts

Edited by Blacklabel, 16 April 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#40 bounceshot

bounceshot

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

Don't really care at this point what Schneider's numbers would look like if he played the same number of games that Lou's played. My only concern is which goalie gives the Canucks the best chance to win game # 4 on Wednesday? Which goalie does the team seem to play better in front of? I don't want to talk about fairness..or we owe this guy...or hurt feelings. If I was coach V, Schneider would be playing because he gives us the best chance to win.

#41 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Funny to know Luongo has a SV percentage of .951 playing even strength. I'm no mathematician but I understand when his overall SV percentage is an awful .891, his SV percentage during PK and PP has to be much worse than .891. You seem to have agreed with me that SV percentage reflects objectively how good or bad a goalie is with your post. I have to agree with you that with Luongo's great SV percentage at .951 playing even strength, it would be a right move to start Luongo for game 4, ONLY IF AV PULLS LUONGO FOR SCHNEIDER ON EACH AND EVERY PP AND PK and goaltending would then not be a problem.

#42 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Way too much logic for some of the people here bouncer :)

#43 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

You just don't lose a series with Luongo sitting on your bench. AV can't afford to take that gamble. If AV goes with Luongo and we lose, that's okay - he went with the best, and he lost with the best. But if AV goes with Schneider and we lose? With a goaltender like Luongo with all that experience and talent sitting on the bench? No way.

Luongo starts every elimination game. So he gets every game in this series from here on out.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#44 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

The BEST ???? 2.41 GAA vs 1.96 and hes the best? Go hug your Luongo puppet....thats fantasy talking !!

#45 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Schneider has never won a playoff game and Luongo has, also Luongo has played bigger games than Schneider.

My pick: Luongo.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

...but the game is not always 5 on 5....so stop cherry picking the stats....the stats are based on all facets of the game...power plays, short handed and 5 on 5....maybe what you are saying is that Lou is not very good unless its 5 on 5 ??? He gave up 2.41 goals PER GAME this season while Schneider was 1.96....wonder what Schneids stats are 5 on 5 LOL such a joke !!

Luongo also suited up for nearly twice as many games as Schneider this season. I give credit where credit is due. And time and time again you've been proven wrong. It would be a joke to bench Luongo for the fourth game of the series. I brought up his save percentage of .951% because you consider the sport of goaltending to be a strictly numbers game. Again, you would be mistaken.

You're opinionated and high-strung on the idea that Luongo is a terrible athlete. The simple fact that you weigh his performance on GAA & Save Percentage, without acknowledging his performance in game is laughable. I must admit, I do enjoy reading your posts. It adds comic humour to the discussion. You simply can't comprehend the sport you're watching.

Edited by Hockey!?, 16 April 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 afan

afan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Schneider 0-2 in playoff starts

Despite giving up 2 bad goals in game 6 vs Chicago, Schneider kept the team in the game in a 2-2 tie for a chance to win. Vancouver lost in OT because Luongo was again on his belly way before the Chicago player put it high to score in OT.

Both Schneider and Edler missed that Brown was coming out of the corner for the empty net goal after being knocked down by Pahlsson. Schneider could have done better, but his team was always in the game until the last whistle to try to tie it.

But how can Vancouver NOT DIE with a goalie who gives up 3.59 goals a game vs Quick's LA team is beyond me?

#48 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Funny to know Luongo has a SV percentage of .951 playing even strength. I'm no mathematician but I understand when his overall SV percentage is an awful .891, his SV percentage during PK and PP has to be much worse than .891. You seem to have agreed with me that SV percentage reflects objectively how good or bad a goalie is with your post. I have to agree with you that with Luongo's great SV percentage at .951 playing even strength, it would be a right move to start Luongo for game 4, ONLY IF AV PULLS LUONGO FOR SCHNEIDER ON EACH AND EVERY PP AND PK and goaltending would then not be a problem.

To you, goaltending is but a numbers game. Apparently, you're an expert in the position. I only brought up his even strength save percentage as an example. What's clear to me is that you've never stood between the pipes. You clearly know little, to nothing, about the sport, or the position which you're commenting on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 bounceshot

bounceshot

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

You just don't lose a series with Luongo sitting on your bench. AV can't afford to take that gamble. If AV goes with Luongo and we lose, that's okay - he went with the best, and he lost with the best. But if AV goes with Schneider and we lose? With a goaltender like Luongo with all that experience and talent sitting on the bench? No way.

Luongo starts every elimination game. So he gets every game in this series from here on out.

Canuck fans have seen enough of Luongo's "experience & talent" to know that our best chance of winning is with Schneider in game # 4. I like Luongo 95% of the time (the 5% I don't like are the goals he lets in while doing snow angels on the ice). I vote Luongo wears the baseball cap and Schneider puts on the goalie mask.

#50 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Canuck fans have seen enough of Luongo's "experience & talent" to know that our best chance of winning is with Schneider in game # 4. I like Luongo 95% of the time (the 5% I don't like are the goals he lets in while doing snow angels on the ice). I vote Luongo wears the baseball cap and Schneider puts on the goalie mask.

Thankfully the opinion of CDC is not weighted in Canucks team-based decisions. Had it been so, we would have lost both Schneider and Luongo much earlier on.

Edited by Hockey!?, 16 April 2012 - 03:55 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

You =/= Canucks fans

You = in-comprehensive

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#52 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

No one wants to tell me why Lou has a 2.41 GAA and Schneids has a 1.96 !!! Love to hear the reasons you come up with !! Playing behind same underachieving team !!

#53 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Put Lui in so they can hurry up and end this debacle of a playoff season, he will let in a bunch of goals and everyone of his fanboys will claim it was the fault of the defense.

#54 guesswhere

guesswhere

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Oh are we doing this again? Good thing everyone has their best arguments out...that'll really change some minds.

#55 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

:picard: not to the op, but to the current situation

Posted Image

#56 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

I like how some people are stil trying to say Luongo is the problem lol, you truly are idiots.

Bryzgalov's GAA for the playoffs is right around 4 goals a game and his team is up 3-0, his GAA and save % are both worse than Luongo's.

Luongo isn't the reason we lost the first 2 games, this team has scored 4 goals in 3 games the Flyers have scored 20 in 3 games. This is exactly why we lost in the finals, cause we couldn't score

Edited by Tm085, 16 April 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#57 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

I like how some people are stil trying to say Luongo is the problem lol, you truly are idiots.

Bryzgalov's GAA for the playoffs is right around 4 goals a game and his team is up 3-0, his GAA and save % are both worse than Luongo's.

Luongo isn't the reason we lost the first 2 games, this team has scored 4 goals in 3 games the Flyers have scored 20 in 3 games. This is exactly why we lost in the finals, cause we couldn't score

Edited by Tm085, 16 April 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#58 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Got a feeling AV will go out on his gut and go with Lou because Lou is his guy, and this will give MG an out with Lou because AV will be canned and a new coach can come in and say Cory is his #1 guy and Lou will asked to be moved.

#59 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

sorry for double post

#60 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,832 posts

regardless who is in net, i'm more worried about the players in front of them
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.