• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,224 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

dunno about that

lu 7 goals against [8 with emptynetter]...team lackluster

schneider 1 goal against...team givin'er

the past should be immaterial...this is the now

:picard: If we played the same way in all the game I would understand this more.

We were brutal in game 1 and 2, even if Schneider was in net nothing would have changed.

Game 3 was like a different team, the only thing the same was the final result.

I say Lu, he's the number one, he's the guy you go with, plus if you go with Schneider nothing is proven, if you go with Lu it will help determine who we keep (that's not the reason we should play him but that's an extra bonus).

Lu all the way, he always plays well after Schneider replaces him in a big game, and Lu has saved us many times before.

zackass.png

#92 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,224 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

well the Schneider 'experiment' was a hell of a lot more successful than the Luongos play, sure he played well the first game, but his save percentage this series is .866, Schneider's is .96, Luongo's GAA is 4.00 Schneiders is 1.00

I don't give a crap about contracts or morale, all I care about is winning, and right now I think Schneider is much more likely to pick up a W

That's a completely unfair comparison, Lu was our best player and he had to sit because of everyone else, when Schneider played the team was so much better than the previous two games.

If the teams overall play was as good in games 1 and 2 as it was in game 3 then if would be fair.

it's just not, Schneider wouldn't have done anything different in the 1st 2 games, the result would have been the same, down 2 games.

Just unfair.

zackass.png

#93 bounceshot

bounceshot

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Team plays better in front of Schneider...don't know why.

#94 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

either or cant go wrong!
Posted Image

#95 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:26 AM

How many dumb ignorant fans throw comparisons around when obviously Lu plays more games.

News flash hockey noobs: luongo is still better than Schneider. You would see this if Schneids gets full minutes but Schneids has potential to be just as good or better. But for now only a hockey noob says Schneids> Lu .

Yeah... Nothing against Lu, he played well. However, with Cory we needed 2 goals to win, with Lu we needed 5.

#96 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,866 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

This series has nothing to do with goaltending. Quick isn't even outplaying our goalies.

The difference is DEFENCE. The Kings have a solid defensive style of play and great defensive coaching that our coaches and forwards just can't figure out. The same thing happened in the Cup finals against the Bruins - defence wins championships, it won one against us last season and its going to sweep us this year.

The quality of chances against Quick aren't anywhere near as great as the ones Canuck goalies have faced. I honestly can't remember one clear-cut odd-man rush the Canucks have had against Quick whereas the Kings have gone in numerous times on Luongo. Our defence is playing terribly (not the individual's fault, its our coaching style and aggressive defence) while theirs is sound positionally and doesn't take risks - the way a defence should play.
Posted Image

#97 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:43 AM

Luongo kept us alive in game one and two, no offense to Cory pretty good game yesterday but he had to deal with only 20 shots? and the team played better in front of him but this is Luongo's team he got us to game 7 of the Stanley cup finals do or die with him ..

When will people stop with this "got us to game 7 of the SCF" crap. It's as though everyone has forgotten that we were ahead 2-0 in that series and Boston killed us in 3 blowout victories to force that game 7 which "we got to". By the way everyone, there is no trophy for losing in the Stanley Cup Final, so it's not really worth mentioning anymore.

#98 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

I support all our players except Aaron Rome (although now that Ballard is getting a chance to play that has disappeared). So if Luongo starts great but I do believe Schneider will give this team a better chance to win against LA. Simply because we can't score at the moment and Schneider has been able to shut them down for the most part.
Posted Image

#99 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

If we start Luongo, we are saying he is number 1 and we just started Cory to try and jump start the team. If we start Cory, we are saying he is now our guy and Luongo could be gone which would be fine with me.
MG doesn't admit his mistakes. Be afraid! Be very afraid!!

#100 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

They owe it to him I think, he's done so much for this club and has been the best goaltender we've had in the history of this franchise. They tried to Schneider experiment and failed

The Lou experiment was better?

#101 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

If I thought we had a realistic chance of coming back i would go with Cory because he gives us a better chance to win. With the play of quick I can't see us winning 4 in a row so I say go with Lou. It will give him a chance to redeem himself and give us a chance to see him fight for it (or not).

#102 bounceshot

bounceshot

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

<p>

If I thought we had a realistic chance of coming back i would go with Cory because he gives us a better chance to win. With the play of quick I can't see us winning 4 in a row so I say go with Lou. It will give him a chance to redeem himself and give us a chance to see him fight for it (or not).

So, you are saying that Schneider gives us a better chance to win...but..lets give Lou a chance to redeem himself? He may have some redeeming to do about past meltdowns but Lou doesn't have to redeem himself for the 2 games he's played in this series. Game # 1 he played great. Game # 2 he made some great saves but played ok overall. Lou's team let him down in both games. They play better for some reason in front of Schneider. For the sake of the the team and the fact, as you mentioned, that Schneider gives us the best chance to win...I say go with Schneider.PS-Not a Lou hater. His attitude has really matured over the past year. When he talks to the media about not playing he talks about supporting Cory and the team...saying the right things. This never happened before. If AV plays Lou I will be cheering him on as I always have. All I want is to see us win!!!

#103 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

People say we would not have won the first 2 games with Schneider !! Thats pure speculationj on your part and without basis. Any goalie can steal a game or two...and if Schneids played to his GAA of 1.96 then yes we had a great chance to win one or both games. It is proven by stats that Lous GAA rises in playoff situations and if it rises from his 2.41 GAA...and it has then we are playing the wrong goaltender.
Schneider gives us the best chance to get back into the series, based on his season numbers. Nothing against Lou personally but Schneids deserves to start.

#104 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

L$u and hope for the best.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

#105 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

People say we would not have won the first 2 games with Schneider !! Thats pure speculationj on your part and without basis. Any goalie can steal a game or two...and if Schneids played to his GAA of 1.96 then yes we had a great chance to win one or both games. It is proven by stats that Lous GAA rises in playoff situations and if it rises from his 2.41 GAA...and it has then we are playing the wrong goaltender.
Schneider gives us the best chance to get back into the series, based on his season numbers. Nothing against Lou personally but Schneids deserves to start.

What people? You're entire argument is based on "what ifs". Clearly you have a personal vendetta against Luongo. The simple fact alone that you believe Luongo was one of the reasons we lost the first two games of this series shows you know little to nothing at al about the sport you're watching.

Edited by Hockey!?, 17 April 2012 - 09:25 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#106 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Firstly , I did not say Lou cost us the first 2 games,,,I did say...maybe a hot goalie might have won one or 2..it happens...quick won La game 3 !! You have a lot of rebuttals but offer no concrete solutions...anyone who. you feel, critizes Lou..you come up with the only words you can spell...speculation....and hater... go do your homework...and let the adults chat !! .As I told you before...43 yrs of playing and coaching goalies..gives me a leg up on a teenage midget house player !! now..be a good boy and go ouutside and play !!

#107 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

In the first 2 games, 3 of the 7 goals were weak goals, no doubt.

#108 Creepy Crawler

Creepy Crawler

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Despite the 3rd game's performance, Corey was shaky in the first period, he almost screwed up handling that puck behind the net but after that he recovered and yes that goal wasn't his fault. Lu has yet to impress me in the first 2 games, he looked more like a backup goalie.

As for the Pens, Crosby needs to be put in a dimly lit room and be told to ignore th funny business the Flyers has been putting on him, Crosby crashes hard when he loses his patience.
Posted Image

#109 Ktakatch

Ktakatch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Lou lets in 3 goals with terrible defence, tons of shots and 20 powerplays against. Schneid lets in 1 from virtually no chances and a game where we dominated? Very even but if the team plays well infront of Lou it really is a nobrainer

#110 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

Those 3 weak goals had nothing to do with defence, they had everything to do with goaltending.

#111 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,927 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Those 3 weak goals had nothing to do with defence, they had everything to do with goaltending.

Incorrect...it was both.

Actually it's pretty rare to be able to point a finger at any one person in a team sport. It happens but not as often as most people think (word used very loosely) it does here.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#112 rotiman187

rotiman187

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Have to go with Schneider, im a lot more comfortable with him in net, also the team as a whole plays better.
Posted Image

#113 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Incorrect...it was both.

Actually it's pretty rare to be able to point a finger at any one person in a team sport. It happens but not as often as most people think (word used very loosely) it does here.

The Richards goal in game one and the one that snuck by him at the side of the net in game 2 were both luu and all luu. No doubt about it.

#114 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

Lou lets in 3 goals with terrible defence, tons of shots and 20 powerplays against. Schneid lets in 1 from virtually no chances and a game where we dominated? Very even but if the team plays well infront of Lou it really is a nobrainer

What the hell are you talking about,lol
L.A had like 12 powerplays over 2 games and Lou let in 7 goals in them games.
We dominated game 2 big time and got outgoaltended very badly.
We has almost twice as many shots and 1/2 the goals as L.A.
Game one was the turning point. We had a 1-0 and Lou was playing great, and then they scored a very weak 1st goal. Yes we were 2 men short but it was still a weak goal between the legs. If we had killed off them penalties L.A would have been demoralized and us very much energized and we COULD of rolled to a victory.

#115 woodywoodman

woodywoodman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

You stick with the guy that got us here, and that is Luongo. Period.

#116 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Team plays better in front of Schneider...don't know why.

They're more protective of him, for whatever reason. I don't think that they lack confidence in his ability, but they seem reluctant to rely on him. That's the norm. however, I doubt it would have mattered for game 3. That performance wasn't for the netminder on our side.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

View Postbahkwan, on 03 December 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#117 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

I really don't know how anybody who has actually sat down and watched a full season of the Canucks can honestly sit there and tell themselves that either goalie is better! They are BOTH amazing goalies in there own way and they both have faults but really, what goalie doesn't?

Yeah Lu can piss us all off with a crappy game or two but he is in all honesty the best goalie this franchise has seen. (and this is coming from a guy who saw the '94 run and thinks McLean was a god!)

If I was building a team it would be really hard to choose between them. (unless I could take both!) On a personal level I'd take Schneider because I like his personality and demeanor more than Luongo's, but that's just a personal thing, in net it wouldn't mater to me who was playing.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#118 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,927 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

The Richards goal in game one and the one that snuck by him at the side of the net in game 2 were both luu and all luu. No doubt about it.

No there's plenty of doubt about it.

There was a lot more going on than Richards shooting and Luongo not saving it.

I know as a Canucks fan it's difficult to grasp that there's more than just black and white when pointing fingers but there is no doubt about the fact that there's plenty going on on the ice. I will say he should have had it but that's an entirely different thing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#119 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Schneider made saves with terrible defense. He makes the defense in front of him look good. No chances? What about the free cut in on the turnover? the 2v1, the PP Richard side shot that went in on Luongo?

Schneider outplayed. Numbers don't lie.

Posted Image

#120 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

No there's plenty of doubt about it.

There was a lot more going on than Richards shooting and Luongo not saving it.

I know as a Canucks fan it's difficult to grasp that there's more than just black and white when pointing fingers but there is no doubt about the fact that there's plenty going on on the ice. I will say he should have had it but that's an entirely different thing.

No it's not a different thing, and it isn't an issue that he should have had it, that's the explanation of a fan who doesn't really understand the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.