The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Or Die With Luu

Robongo

I like how some people are stil trying to say Luongo is the problem lol, you truly are idiots.

Bryzgalov's GAA for the playoffs is right around 4 goals a game and his team is up 3-0, his GAA and save % are both worse than Luongo's.

Luongo isn't the reason we lost the first 2 games, this team has scored 4 goals in 3 games. This is exactly why we lost in the finals, cause we couldn't score

Scoring 2 goals would have won us the game last night, and scoring 2 against L.A will get you at least to overtime almost every game against them if your goaltender plays well because they have a brutal offence.

Love the arguments standing up for Lou,lol Do you watch hockey at all? Bryz has been very bad, but Fleury has been about as that Hoznik guy we drafted this past summer. Bryz would be down 3-0 to everyone except Fleury.

Either one has my support. I can blame neither of them when they've been the best Canucks all season and have continued that through this series despite a team faltering in front of them.

If I had to pick...Schneider. Nothing against Luongo, who is one of my favourite all-time goaltenders, but I think it's best for our long-term interests to go with Schneider. And he needs to have the chances on the big stage to make his case. It's always good to have more youth in our core and I think it's time to put our faith in Schneider.

Also just pointing out people, Luongo didn't let in 4 goals in both games. The first game LA scored an empty-netter. And as much as Luongo haters like to bash him, he faced much better scoring chances than Schneider did in his game...Schneids only had to make one big save and faced just 20 shots.

Reiterating, I would prefer to see Schneider start. But Luongo will. And I have his back.

Dont think AV should start Schneider in a elimination game. Luongo has, hes been there many times before. If we lose, at least they know they went with the number 1 goalie.

And to all the people who are saying we lost because of Luongo or goaltending... Shame on you :picard:

We lost because of lack of offense. Happened in the SCF and is happening now.

It has to be Schneider. How can it possibly not be Schneider? He was the better goalie by miles in the regular season, he had the better GAA, better sv%, higher winning %, the team plays better in front of him and he has now outplayed Luongo in the playoffs by the same margins as he did in the regular season. Luongo doesn't have anything going for him anymore. If Lu is a Canuck next year, its because Gillis couldn't find a way to unload his contract and was forced to lose Schneider instead.

Based on experience, you obviously go with Luongo.

Based on performance in this series, you have to give the edge to Schneider. Small sample size though.

Not an easy decision for AV. Lets hope whomever he picks stands on his head. Both goalies are capable of doing that.

Luongo plays great but given Schneider killed the offense of the Kings roll with the kid again. No questions!

I love Luongo but if this team wants to keep going they play Cory. Kings are more conifdent they'll score with Luo and being Cory is not know he is a mystery we should keep in. Until he is exposed.

you still can't 100% make a final verdict on Schneider until he has played a full 60+ game season as a starter.

Holtby has a better GAA and Save % than Rinne so far in the playoffs cause it's only been 3 games, does this mean he's a better goaltender than Rinne? no

you still can't 100% make a final verdict on Schneider until he has played a full 60+ game season as a starter.

Holtby has a better GAA and Save % than Rinne so far in the playoffs cause it's only been 3 games, does this mean he's a better goaltender than Rinne? no

Luongo kept us alive in game one and two, no offense to Cory pretty good game yesterday but he had to deal with only 20 shots? and the team played better in front of him but this is Luongo's team he got us to game 7 of the Stanley cup finals do or die with him ..

Archived