The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Or Die With Luu

Robongo

here i'll do some math for you

Luongo's stats over those 115 games, 2.25 GAA and .924 save %

Schneider's stats over 58, 2.08GAA and .933 save %

those are excellent numbers for both goalies, and if Schneider had played 57 more games i'm sure his numbers would rise a little bit and be almost identical to Luongo's.

No brainer in my oppinion. Schneids played well yesterday and the team played better in front of him, but that could also be attributed to the fact they were down 2-0 in the series. You gotta go with the man you got signed for the next 7 years or whatever it is. Sink or swim with your number one man.

How many dumb ignorant fans throw comparisons around when obviously Lu plays more games.

News flash hockey noobs: luongo is still better than Schneider. You would see this if Schneids gets full minutes but Schneids has potential to be just as good or better. But for now only a hockey noob says Schneids> Lu .

If Daniel Sedin and Schneider play game 4, Canucks still have a chance to win the series! I'm a big Luongo fan but I think playing Schneider in net is the right thing to do as he can handle pressure better than Lu!

cory_schneider_roberto_luongo_van_032812.jpg

It's a long shot to think we can win this series, but given a choice between two very good goaltenders I would go with the hot hand. In

recent play, including big games Schneider has better stats. I think that it is a significantly better chance that we win with Schneider.

Of course Louongo will not be happy with that choice and he is signed long term.

Schneider will win a Stanley Cup. He is that good. He is one of the new elite goaltenders. In every sport there is constant improvement.

The stars of yesterday would have difficulty competing today in almost every sport.

Louongo is past his prime. Groin injuries contributed to this. Schneider is entering his prime and is injury free so far to my knowledge.

Schneider is the now and the future. Louongo is very good, but his best days are behind him.

well the Schneider 'experiment' was a hell of a lot more successful than the Luongos play, sure he played well the first game, but his save percentage this series is .866, Schneider's is .96, Luongo's GAA is 4.00 Schneiders is 1.00

I don't give a crap about contracts or morale, all I care about is winning, and right now I think Schneider is much more likely to pick up a W

How many dumb ignorant fans throw comparisons around when obviously Lu plays more games.

News flash hockey noobs: luongo is still better than Schneider. You would see this if Schneids gets full minutes but Schneids has potential to be just as good or better. But for now only a hockey noob says Schneids> Lu .

This series has nothing to do with goaltending. Quick isn't even outplaying our goalies.

The difference is DEFENCE. The Kings have a solid defensive style of play and great defensive coaching that our coaches and forwards just can't figure out. The same thing happened in the Cup finals against the Bruins - defence wins championships, it won one against us last season and its going to sweep us this year.

The quality of chances against Quick aren't anywhere near as great as the ones Canuck goalies have faced. I honestly can't remember one clear-cut odd-man rush the Canucks have had against Quick whereas the Kings have gone in numerous times on Luongo. Our defence is playing terribly (not the individual's fault, its our coaching style and aggressive defence) while theirs is sound positionally and doesn't take risks - the way a defence should play.

Luongo kept us alive in game one and two, no offense to Cory pretty good game yesterday but he had to deal with only 20 shots? and the team played better in front of him but this is Luongo's team he got us to game 7 of the Stanley cup finals do or die with him ..

I support all our players except Aaron Rome (although now that Ballard is getting a chance to play that has disappeared). So if Luongo starts great but I do believe Schneider will give this team a better chance to win against LA. Simply because we can't score at the moment and Schneider has been able to shut them down for the most part.

If we start Luongo, we are saying he is number 1 and we just started Cory to try and jump start the team. If we start Cory, we are saying he is now our guy and Luongo could be gone which would be fine with me.

Archived