Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Losing Is One Thing But Kesler......

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 steverolley

steverolley

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

QUIT DIVING!!!!

This is my first post ever but I need to get this off my chest. I was born in the Fraser Valley, live in the Okanagan, and cheered for the Nucks my whole life. I remeber meeting Harold Snepps as a kid, being downtown for game six against the rangers, getting two tickets for $30 bucks when Scott Walker was the best player on the team, basically I've watched this team my whole life.

Being a fan of the Canucks has been hard, there have been some crushing defeats. But I like my grandpa (habs fan) says you can't switch teams, the Canucks are my team and that will never change.

I can't even defend Kesler anymore, it's getting embarassing. Kesler is probably in the top 10 players in the league, he has had a rough season points wise but he still can dominate a game. But to see him keep diving makes me so angry. He is so much better than that.

For two years now I've been defending him, can't do it anymore. it needs to stop.

#2 Ace_of_Spades

Ace_of_Spades

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

I feel this goes somewhat back to coaching and management though.... why has no one pulled him aside and said cut the sh*t out dude your not helping the team in anyway. Obviously at the end of the day how Kesler plays depends on Kesler not management. Just saying though someone needs to pull him aside and tell him to smarten up!

#3 webber_jedi

webber_jedi

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

Top Ten? Seriously. Let's get real. This guy had a strong year last year but that was last year. This year, well, just wasn't very good. He is a diver, in fact one of the worst in the league. He is part of the reason why the Canucks are so disliked from other fans. It is disrespectful to the league, his team and the fans to display this diving behaviour. He is a player that seriously needs to be considered moving in the opposite direction next season. The Canucks need a shake up if they are going to move forward. This group obviously will not get the job done.

#4 robes

robes

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I totally agree. The sad thing he totally got away with it last night.

#5 iinteenseee

iinteenseee

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

I'm sorry but Kesler is NOT a top 10 player in this league. MAYBE last year, this year not even close.

I agree with the diving though, it's just downright embarrassing. I know "all teams dive" but Kes just takes it to a whole new level (in a bad way). Whenever I see him flopping around the ice, all I can ever think now is "thank god he's not our captain". Oh, and this is coming from a HUGE #17 fan.

#6 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

this is starting to get absurd forget the league hating on us we're starting to turn on our own guys too.

Also use the search we don't need more kesler/diving/trade everyone threads.

#7 Canucks-12

Canucks-12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Ryan Kesler is amazing! He'll show all you guys the beast in him in the next 4 games!

BELIEVE IN BLUE!

#8 puck1919

puck1919

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Ryan (Louganis) Kesler. And his scores-10,9.5,9.5,10,10.

#9 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

well kesler right now instead of being in beast mode like he should be he has activated fail mode so far in the playoffs lol

#10 Nucks4dacup

Nucks4dacup

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

I agree with the diving... the willie mitchell cross check and him falling down as if he got hit by a bus was just absolutely ridiculous.
Im a pretty big kesler fan but his play as of late hasn't really been what it should be... sorry to say but if he keeps this up, canucks are going no where.
He's gotta crash the net, he's gotta do what he did last year on the power play, stand in front of the opposing teams net during the powerplay and tip those shots from the point and/or pounce on the loose rebounds... All I see him do every time he gains the offensive zone is, go in and wrist it, his shot isn't half as good as it was and on top of that, he misses pretty much every time. He's gotta pass the puck when you have a 3 on 2 or even a 2 on 1... IF Kesler was half the player he was last year, I'd be happy.

haha sorry guys just trying to get my frustration out.. sorry i went off-topic but thought I'd share my frustration with all my fellow canucks fans out there.

Go canucks Go!

#11 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Kesler sucked this year. Then to top it off starts chirping/diving.

Unless he brings beast mode back for game 4 and shut his yapper I'd like to see him off the team.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#12 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

this is starting to get absurd forget the league hating on us we're starting to turn on our own guys too.

Also use the search we don't need more kesler/diving/trade everyone threads.

Yeah most of CDCers would probably eat thier young if they had a chance..get of the ice Kesler be a man not a mouse one thing about booth he doesnt do that he actually has thrown some big hit s in this series... Our finish is left to be desired...Raymond played well but he is still falling, makeing a move loses the puck...he dekes himself out most times..man if he could play more confident he would be a super player...every play ends up loseing the puck..

#13 derpdaderrrr

derpdaderrrr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Yeah most of CDCers would probably eat thier young if they had a chance..get of the ice Kesler be a man not a mouse one thing about booth he doesnt do that he actually has thrown some big hit s in this series... Our finish is left to be desired...Raymond played well but he is still falling, makeing a move loses the puck...he dekes himself out most times..man if he could play more confident he would be a super player...every play ends up loseing the puck..

uh...

whu?

#14 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Ryan Kesler is amazing! He'll show all you guys the beast in him in the next 4 games!

I hope so... because when Kesler does go into beast mode he IS actually one of the top forwards in the league.

The ironic part is that he draws more penalties when he plays like that compared with the diving stuff. It just seems his tendency when things go rough to revert to his embarrassing antics. Management seemed to have gotten into his head and worked it out last season, and almost the entire year and half the 2011 playoffs he was exactly the player he could be.

Since that point he has not been, you see the rest of the team feed off of his energy either positively or negatively.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#15 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

I think big Willie Mitchel was screaming at him last night on all our behalfs

#16 steverolley

steverolley

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Maybe I should of said Kesler has the potential to be a top 10 player. But he just needs to drop the diving act. I don't understand how any Canucks fan at this point can't feel this way.

Edited by steverolley, 16 April 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#17 IMyMeMine

IMyMeMine

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

the refs have to start making unsportsmanlike penalties for diving on kesler...it could be the only way to make him stop all the theatricals on the ice...

kesler's too good of a player to dive, he'll end up out of position, garner no respect nor any benefit of doubt from anyone, and he wastes a lot of energy trying to exaggerate his dive T.T and the refs aren't buying them either, so i don't understand why he does it... i guess old habits are hard to break...it's not like the canucks aren't getting pp's at all...sigh :unsure:

Edited by IMyMeMine, 16 April 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#18 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

He's frustrated because he is not the talent eveyrone here thinks he is and he knows it.

He had a great year last year based mostly n his PP stats.

He is a great shut down guy with some offensive upside but he is not an offensive force and the pressure to perform in that manner is ruining him.

He is the penultimate 3rd line center but not a top 6 center. Maybe on the wing with a great set up centerman he would be effective.

#19 GrindTIMEr

GrindTIMEr

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Kesler was UNREAL during the USA Olympic campaign and nashville series, ther than that he's been comci-comca

#20 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hank needs to clobber him next time he looks at the ref. They dont care Ryan. Not even if its a real penalty.

#21 please recycle

please recycle

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 5minutemajor

5minutemajor

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Just maybe it was the cumulative (3 or 4) cross-checks Willie whacked Kesler with. The ref watched them all and finally raised his arm on the last one.

#23 Canucksfaitful

Canucksfaitful

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

I think the only reason kezzy dove there was that moments earlier when lappy got the pen for interference and the la player dove like a soccer player kesler figured he might as well too because if the refs call a game right everything should be even, but it never seems to be and top 10 hell more like top 50.
Braxton

#24 Teen Icarus

Teen Icarus

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Quite honestly, I think Kesler is frustrated because he can't quite skate like he used to and he couldn't work on his shot this summer. Countless times his shots get blocked, and he doesn't have the vision to be a playmaking centre. If it's possible, we should bring in a good playmaking, pass-first winger for him. Kesler is excellent in the defensive zone as a centre, but doesn't pass well enough to be a good offensive centre.
Spoiler

#25 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Eh I've got a Kesler hoodie that I wear all the time to the gym and on runs, but this week it hasn't gotten me the best response to say the least, so I think it will be put away for a while until he starts acting like an honourable player again.

#26 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,944 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Not sure why they'd even bother when they're -3 on the powerplay right now.
Posted Image

#27 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

I can't believe these guys played with honour all year long and start diving game 1.
It's like they don't remember any of the lessons from last year.
superweak.
non answers on the Keith and Brown cheap shots and diving from Kesler. bad look boys.

Edited by D.J Ball, 16 April 2012 - 02:30 PM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#28 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

He does not deserve an "A".

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#29 Duda

Duda

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yes, it's sad. From another site:

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.