The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Losing Is One Thing But Kesler......

steverolley

QUIT DIVING!!!!

This is my first post ever but I need to get this off my chest. I was born in the Fraser Valley, live in the Okanagan, and cheered for the Nucks my whole life. I remeber meeting Harold Snepps as a kid, being downtown for game six against the rangers, getting two tickets for $30 bucks when Scott Walker was the best player on the team, basically I've watched this team my whole life.

Being a fan of the Canucks has been hard, there have been some crushing defeats. But I like my grandpa (habs fan) says you can't switch teams, the Canucks are my team and that will never change.

I can't even defend Kesler anymore, it's getting embarassing. Kesler is probably in the top 10 players in the league, he has had a rough season points wise but he still can dominate a game. But to see him keep diving makes me so angry. He is so much better than that.

For two years now I've been defending him, can't do it anymore. it needs to stop.

I feel this goes somewhat back to coaching and management though.... why has no one pulled him aside and said cut the sh*t out dude your not helping the team in anyway. Obviously at the end of the day how Kesler plays depends on Kesler not management. Just saying though someone needs to pull him aside and tell him to smarten up!

Top Ten? Seriously. Let's get real. This guy had a strong year last year but that was last year. This year, well, just wasn't very good. He is a diver, in fact one of the worst in the league. He is part of the reason why the Canucks are so disliked from other fans. It is disrespectful to the league, his team and the fans to display this diving behaviour. He is a player that seriously needs to be considered moving in the opposite direction next season. The Canucks need a shake up if they are going to move forward. This group obviously will not get the job done.

I'm sorry but Kesler is NOT a top 10 player in this league. MAYBE last year, this year not even close.

I agree with the diving though, it's just downright embarrassing. I know "all teams dive" but Kes just takes it to a whole new level (in a bad way). Whenever I see him flopping around the ice, all I can ever think now is "thank god he's not our captain". Oh, and this is coming from a HUGE #17 fan.

I agree with the diving... the willie mitchell cross check and him falling down as if he got hit by a bus was just absolutely ridiculous.

Im a pretty big kesler fan but his play as of late hasn't really been what it should be... sorry to say but if he keeps this up, canucks are going no where.

He's gotta crash the net, he's gotta do what he did last year on the power play, stand in front of the opposing teams net during the powerplay and tip those shots from the point and/or pounce on the loose rebounds... All I see him do every time he gains the offensive zone is, go in and wrist it, his shot isn't half as good as it was and on top of that, he misses pretty much every time. He's gotta pass the puck when you have a 3 on 2 or even a 2 on 1... IF Kesler was half the player he was last year, I'd be happy.

haha sorry guys just trying to get my frustration out.. sorry i went off-topic but thought I'd share my frustration with all my fellow canucks fans out there.

Go canucks Go!

Yeah most of CDCers would probably eat thier young if they had a chance..get of the ice Kesler be a man not a mouse one thing about booth he doesnt do that he actually has thrown some big hit s in this series... Our finish is left to be desired...Raymond played well but he is still falling, makeing a move loses the puck...he dekes himself out most times..man if he could play more confident he would be a super player...every play ends up loseing the puck..

the refs have to start making unsportsmanlike penalties for diving on kesler...it could be the only way to make him stop all the theatricals on the ice...

kesler's too good of a player to dive, he'll end up out of position, garner no respect nor any benefit of doubt from anyone, and he wastes a lot of energy trying to exaggerate his dive T.T and the refs aren't buying them either, so i don't understand why he does it... i guess old habits are hard to break...it's not like the canucks aren't getting pp's at all...sigh :unsure:

He's frustrated because he is not the talent eveyrone here thinks he is and he knows it.

He had a great year last year based mostly n his PP stats.

He is a great shut down guy with some offensive upside but he is not an offensive force and the pressure to perform in that manner is ruining him.

He is the penultimate 3rd line center but not a top 6 center. Maybe on the wing with a great set up centerman he would be effective.

Archived