The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

BobbyLuoo

I see alot of people saying get him out, trade him, whatever.

But why?

He's in a bit of a slump, but who isnt?

He's shown more heart and grit then ANYONE on the team in these 3 games. Besides maybe Luongo and Schneids.

He was injured alot of the year, and still scored 16 goals.

He wasnt brought in to score 40 goals. He was brought in to play on the second line and do exactly what he's been doing.

If we dumped everyone who slumps we'd be stuck with a bunch of minor leaguers.

I think it's because Booth and Kes don't mesh well. Neither of them pass the puck and if Booth isn't driving to the net. He isn't doing much, Plus his cap hit.

One problem is PAY for GOALS mentality...the more you score the more cash you will make, it breads selfish players wanting to do it on their own, human nature.

This at one time was call the "Pavel Bure" factor, he would never pass because if he scored more than 50 goals he made more cash. Also when a player is getting 4-5 million, the desire to score goals rather than get assists, becomes problematic when one is trying to prove one's worth night after night. This is why the "TWINS" and Alex, do so well is that they have learned it is a team game...sadly for many players they have never learned to share..."BALLS"

Agreed. Hes been fine and will be good for us next year. He's not even close to our main issue. Look at James Neal last year, I'm not saying he'll ever put up those numbers (malkin vs. Kesler) but he will get in the mid to high 20s next year.

Not to mention this is his first playoff experience EVER!

Booth doesn't fit the system that well as he is more of a run and gun player, not so much of a cycler.

With that said I don't want him traded, he plays with a lot of heart and has a good presence. I think it's clear he doesn't work well with Kesler though. Maybe if those two had a top end playmaker sandwiched between them. Either way, something should happen this off-season (AV being fired = new system, new playmaker etc.)

Booth doesn't fit the system that well as he is more of a run and gun player, not so much of a cycler.

With that said I don't want him traded, he plays with a lot of heart and has a good presence. I think it's clear he doesn't work well with Kesler though. Maybe if those two had a top end playmaker sandwiched between them. Either way, something should happen this off-season (AV being fired = new system, new playmaker etc.)

Nothing particularly against you OP, but I don't know what I'm more tired of, seeing the Canucks losing, or people starting threads starting with "I don't know why people are saying this/I keep seeing people saying stupid stuff/What's with all the threads on so and so," and then adding their two cents worth in a new thread.

I feel like I've just been opening and then closing threads today after reading the first line and realizing there's nothing interesting at all in them.

Nothing particularly against you OP, but I don't know what I'm more tired of, seeing the Canucks losing, or people starting threads starting with "I don't know why people are saying this/I keep seeing people saying stupid stuff/What's with all the threads on so and so," and then adding their two cents worth in a new thread.

Yes give him an A+ for heart, size and speed.

He is a good journeyman nhl'er (with no play-off experience) but adds nothing to the second line. So i think he is overpaid for 4.25 mill He doesn't creatively see the ice or make plays.

I find it hard to believe Kes' picked him, because they don't seem to have any chemistry on the ice ;)

Now that the season is over (wow didn't think we'd be saying that so early) what are everyone's thoughts on Booth?

Finished the playoffs with 0G - 1A - minus 1 and 7SOG

No chemistry on Kesler line or Sedin line and was basically demoted to the 4th line by the end of the game.

$4.25 million is a lot of money for a guy who shows up only intermittently

Thoughts on what his future should be as a Canuck?

He's too much like Kes. We wont pass, drives to the net, and unfortunately just like Kesler...Didn't really help us. Now we have another overpaid player on our team.

Archived