The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

BobbyLuoo

One problem is PAY for GOALS mentality...the more you score the more cash you will make, it breads selfish players wanting to do it on their own, human nature.

This at one time was call the "Pavel Bure" factor, he would never pass because if he scored more than 50 goals he made more cash. Also when a player is getting 4-5 million, the desire to score goals rather than get assists, becomes problematic when one is trying to prove one's worth night after night. This is why the "TWINS" and Alex, do so well is that they have learned it is a team game...sadly for many players they have never learned to share..."BALLS"

He was probably the worst between him and Kesler, because Kesler does add value in other aspects of the game outside of offensive production, and he doesn't turn the puck over. The thing with Kesler, is that we know that he has IT, where he can dominate a game and a series, but maybe that makes his performance the past 2 weeks all the more frustrating. I wouldn't be surprised if it's because he never recovered 100% from his injury. I feel like he looked like he lost a step this season and wasn't as quick, but maybe I'm just imagining things at this point.

Booth was awful all series, and honestly, all year. 16 goals is not good enough. While Samuelsson was frustrating to watch at times, he actually PRODUCED in the playoffs. I'm not sure if Booth is a top 6 player in this league. There were flashes, but nothing ever near consistency. Even the biggest scrubs in the NHL can score a nice goal or two over the span of a season. I feel like the talent is probably there, maybe he just doesn't fit, but you never know with these things, maybe with a better third piece, Kesler and Booth can be really productive again. (Ballard was great these playoffs, improvements are possible)

Maybe we need to stop trying to find wingers for Kesler. Maybe we should have been finding a center for our wingers. Or maybe with Kesler's selfish play we should have played CoHo in the center with Kesler on the wing?

Man you guys are unreal. The second line just isn't working right now. We have two key pieces, but we NEED a playmaker, and Kesler clearly isn't that guy. I lost a lot of respect for him, his ego's too high.

The answer isn't to trade Booth or Kesler, but trade for/sign someone to solidify that line to a whole.

Booth - x - Kesler

(Could have been Hodgson.. easily..)

Archived