Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

David Booth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#61 The Läck Ness Monster

The Läck Ness Monster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Let Raymond go, acquire rights to PA Parenteau and sign him. There's your passer on the 2nd line.

#62 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

Maybe we need to stop trying to find wingers for Kesler. Maybe we should have been finding a center for our wingers. Or maybe with Kesler's selfish play we should have played CoHo in the center with Kesler on the wing?
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#63 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

One problem is PAY for GOALS mentality...the more you score the more cash you will make, it breads selfish players wanting to do it on their own, human nature.
This at one time was call the "Pavel Bure" factor, he would never pass because if he scored more than 50 goals he made more cash. Also when a player is getting 4-5 million, the desire to score goals rather than get assists, becomes problematic when one is trying to prove one's worth night after night. This is why the "TWINS" and Alex, do so well is that they have learned it is a team game...sadly for many players they have never learned to share..."BALLS"

You are aware that Pavel Bure's stats show he had an almost equal Goal/Assist ratio right ?, well maybe not almost equal he had 95 more goals than assists but given that he had 749 pts thats still not a bad ratio

Edited by CrippledCanuck, 22 April 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#64 ulfy5

ulfy5

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

bad passer, bad receiving pass, bad along the wall, selfish player.

Edited by ulfy5, 22 April 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#65 Mr X

Mr X

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

He was probably the worst between him and Kesler, because Kesler does add value in other aspects of the game outside of offensive production, and he doesn't turn the puck over. The thing with Kesler, is that we know that he has IT, where he can dominate a game and a series, but maybe that makes his performance the past 2 weeks all the more frustrating. I wouldn't be surprised if it's because he never recovered 100% from his injury. I feel like he looked like he lost a step this season and wasn't as quick, but maybe I'm just imagining things at this point.

Booth was awful all series, and honestly, all year. 16 goals is not good enough. While Samuelsson was frustrating to watch at times, he actually PRODUCED in the playoffs. I'm not sure if Booth is a top 6 player in this league. There were flashes, but nothing ever near consistency. Even the biggest scrubs in the NHL can score a nice goal or two over the span of a season. I feel like the talent is probably there, maybe he just doesn't fit, but you never know with these things, maybe with a better third piece, Kesler and Booth can be really productive again. (Ballard was great these playoffs, improvements are possible)

#66 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

Who DID Booth have chemistry with?

Samuelsson could play with Kesler on second line and Sedins on the first line.

Booth cant pass. He isnt really a good shooter. He cant play defence. He doesnt have good hockey IQ.

I would take Samuelsson over Booth any day.

CoHo.... :(

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#67 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,165 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

If you're in the top six and you can't find a way to produce offensively then you're not playing well enough.

Well then, I guess we should ship out everyone except for Hank (and I guess Daniel since he only played twice). Most of the team didn't produce in the 5 games we had, so no reason to try and lay it on any one player.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#68 tan

tan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

why fire a coach that brought us two Presidential trophy's fire the rest of the coaching staff 0 for 14 fire him the the D coach. what the fkc they treat lu like sht bull

why are you satisfied the so called "regular season success"? I don't care how many trophies you got, I just need ONE stanley cup

tumblr_m0nxk38n5q1qdlh1io1_400.gif

#69 js604

js604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Maybe we need to stop trying to find wingers for Kesler. Maybe we should have been finding a center for our wingers. Or maybe with Kesler's selfish play we should have played CoHo in the center with Kesler on the wing?

This statement is so beautiful it is almost poetic. I completely agree. Get Kesler's sorry little ass off of 2nd line center and move him to a wing position. Start with 3rd line wing, promote him to 2nd line once he proves himself.

Edited by js604, 23 April 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#70 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Man you guys are unreal. The second line just isn't working right now. We have two key pieces, but we NEED a playmaker, and Kesler clearly isn't that guy. I lost a lot of respect for him, his ego's too high.

The answer isn't to trade Booth or Kesler, but trade for/sign someone to solidify that line to a whole.

Booth - x - Kesler

(Could have been Hodgson.. easily..)
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.