The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lets Clear Some Things Up

hockeynoob

Why do people feel the need to quote the original post in this thread? Thus making me have to scroll a long way

Kassian, failed

Hodgson wanted to be traded? Source please? Cause he was kinda surprised and upset to be traded

Booth was a good deal but he hasn't done anything all season

what is with this mancrush on malhotra? honestly i would rather have a 4th line full of goons so other teams won't f*ck with our stars. And if you look at the last 2 stanley cup champions, they "gooned" their way to the finals (byfuglien, bolland, marchand, thornton, lucic etc). In other words, in the new nhl you need goons to win.

Me and some Canuck friends were all wondering wtf when the Hodgson trade happened.Even after the supposed story came out about his agent asking for more ice time and whatever else we all thought Gillis failed.He could have told his agent stf up and stop calling.Gillis could have told AV to give the kid more ice time.Hell Stamkos didn't back check worth a damn when he 1st came up full time but show of hands for those that think parking his arse on the bench in Tampa would have been good for his developement.Playing them is the only way rookies learn.Av is an idiot and MG and even bigger one for letting AV influence his decision.The trade should have happened in the offseason plain and bloody simple if the geneous GM still thought it best for this team.For the 3 minutes a game Hodgson could have played 4th line and centered the 2nd unit powerplay.

This leads to my second point.If Schneider does get traded,I don't want Gillis near it with a ten foot pole.Other than role players,the only skilled players MG has brought on are the signing that could have ended him in season 2 when he signed Matts Sundin for 2 years at 10 million and Booth,who is 5 million a year and has no chemistry at all with his linemates as evident by his point production.He then hands a kid away that was 3rd or 4th in rookie scoring at the time while playing 3rd line minutes verses 1st line minutes to the rookies ahead of him in points.

This will be what amounts to a major trade considering there are a lot of intelligent hockey people saying Schneider will be the top goalie available this summer if the Canucks make him available.I don't trust Mike Gillis 1 gooddamn bit to make this deal.There have to be general managers around the league slathering with anticipation about how they can con Mike Gillis out of what is probably the Canucks biggest trade asset since Cam Nealy.Schneider has had a monster year for not just a backup but even by starter standards.I guarantee based on Mikes trade history he will boch it royally and then ask us to drink the coolaid again about how that was the best deal he could make.

What? When did Cody Hodgson get traded? When is game 1? what the heck is going on here? are you guys in the future?

im kidding.

i just want us to win tonight, i dont care how we do it. just win the game. i want to watch more canucks games, make them come back to vancouver and then hopefully go back to LA with their tails between their legs being a little worried.

Archived