The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Daniel Sedin Heading To L A To Join Canucks

hockeyville88

I think he's there for motivation. I have to imagine if there was a possibility he'd be ready to play game 4 he'd have already come down? The hope was manage to win game 4 and he could hopefully be ready by game 5.

I mean I hate to say it but this makes me ridiculously hopeful for game 4... but I just hope we aren't risking his long term health. This year isn't worth the rest of his career.

I played lacrosse for 15 years, and have had 2 serious concussions. I feel bad for anyone who ends up with one. On the other hand, I lived. I don't get 6 million dollars a year. If I did, I would have been there to play with my team in game 1 of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

JUST SAYING

You fans need to understand that the Canucks are at the brink of elimination. They played decent in the first two games and really well in the third game but came up short. In no way am I saying their season is over. If anything, the Vancouver Canucks should have enough motivation to pull of a comeback. Having Daniel Sedin back ready or not can be very helpful. Daniel has been skating alone for a while now so we all know that he's not as worse as Keith Ballard a few weeks ago. He should be able skate and play a decent amount of his game. If him coming back does not help and the Canucks lose to the Kings, then Daniel Sedin has a whole off season to get perfectly healthy again. However, there is something in my heart that keeps telling me our last wild card "Daniel Sedin" is going to be the one and only difference maker in this series. And if the Canucks do manage to win; then let's hope Daniel can get a few days off and prepare for 2nd round. Let's just hope he is perfectly ready now and we are just thinking about this whole scenario too much!

I don't necessarily think they are rushing Danny. AV said in his press conference that Daniel has been cleared to practice, so they're just testing out the possibility of him playing. Obviously Danny is going to want to play and he can't be happy sitting on the sidelines while his team is on the brink of elimination. But regardless of if he does play or not, I think it'll spark the team. Whether he's in the dressing room cheering the boys on or out there on the ice, he's going to make a difference

Why is everyone assuming he'll be playing? Nowhere does it state this just that he'll be joining the Canucks for practice. However, if he does wind up playing I hope it's only because he's healthy, because if the Canucks can only beat LA with Daniel in the lineup the Canucks have absolutely no chance of winning the cup anyways.

im happy, but at the same time for the love of god do not rush him back. If he is not ready I would rather us lose on wednesday and come back strong for next season. Daniel's health and well being is far more important that the possibility of us coming back in this series.....

Archived