Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Report] Daniel Sedin Heading To L A To Join Canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
221 replies to this topic

#61 AJK19

AJK19

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

That's him leaving to the Airport. He will practice with the team tomorrow, but it's not certain if he will play in Game 4!

"Daniel is continuing to follow protocal. He's been skating for a few days and has been cleared to practice." - AV

Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Just play him on the PP

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

#63 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

I think he's there for motivation. I have to imagine if there was a possibility he'd be ready to play game 4 he'd have already come down? The hope was manage to win game 4 and he could hopefully be ready by game 5.

I mean I hate to say it but this makes me ridiculously hopeful for game 4... but I just hope we aren't risking his long term health. This year isn't worth the rest of his career.

#64 inder19

inder19

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

I played lacrosse for 15 years, and have had 2 serious concussions. I feel bad for anyone who ends up with one. On the other hand, I lived. I don't get 6 million dollars a year. If I did, I would have been there to play with my team in game 1 of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

JUST SAYING

exactly... you don't make $6million dollars a year to play a sport. you are not an investment for a team. If I am the manager I don't let any of my players risk further head injury. It would just be stupid.

JUST SAYING

#65 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

I hope he's actually 100% and not just rushing back because we're down 3-0. But this is good news!
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#66 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

@sportsnetmurph

Apparently Daniel has been skating on his own for a few days now. He'll take full practice on Tuesday and then see how he feels.#canucks

I think he's gonna play. Damnit now I'm getting my hopes up again.

#67 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

"Rushing him back"...

How about "rushing myself back"?

"Hey Doc, I'm symptom free. That Swedish media report was a bunch of bunk and I was just taking every extra day that I could to over do it a la Crosby."

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#68 VanCan2013

VanCan2013

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

You fans need to understand that the Canucks are at the brink of elimination. They played decent in the first two games and really well in the third game but came up short. In no way am I saying their season is over. If anything, the Vancouver Canucks should have enough motivation to pull of a comeback. Having Daniel Sedin back ready or not can be very helpful. Daniel has been skating alone for a while now so we all know that he's not as worse as Keith Ballard a few weeks ago. He should be able skate and play a decent amount of his game. If him coming back does not help and the Canucks lose to the Kings, then Daniel Sedin has a whole off season to get perfectly healthy again. However, there is something in my heart that keeps telling me our last wild card "Daniel Sedin" is going to be the one and only difference maker in this series. And if the Canucks do manage to win; then let's hope Daniel can get a few days off and prepare for 2nd round. Let's just hope he is perfectly ready now and we are just thinking about this whole scenario too much!

#69 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

NOTHIN IS OVER... I DONT HEAR ANY SINGING. SWEDISH TWIN POWERS ACTIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEE!!!

#70 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

cue the comeback

#71 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Stop the fat lady from singing!!

Stop the fat lady from singing!!

it's not over!!

#72 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

NOTHIN IS OVER... I DONT HEAR ANY SINGING. SWEDISH TWIN POWERS ACTIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEE!!!

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#73 r.luongo01

r.luongo01

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

I don't necessarily think they are rushing Danny. AV said in his press conference that Daniel has been cleared to practice, so they're just testing out the possibility of him playing. Obviously Danny is going to want to play and he can't be happy sitting on the sidelines while his team is on the brink of elimination. But regardless of if he does play or not, I think it'll spark the team. Whether he's in the dressing room cheering the boys on or out there on the ice, he's going to make a difference

#74 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

What people seem to forget is that before Daniel's injury, the Sedins weren't scoring either.

Posted Image

#75 werallcanucks

werallcanucks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

The kings response "aww son of bitch...so close too"

#76 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

cue the comeback

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#77 darnucks

darnucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Why is everyone assuming he'll be playing? Nowhere does it state this just that he'll be joining the Canucks for practice. However, if he does wind up playing I hope it's only because he's healthy, because if the Canucks can only beat LA with Daniel in the lineup the Canucks have absolutely no chance of winning the cup anyways.

#78 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

What people seem to forget is that before Daniel's injury, the Sedins weren't scoring either.

Stick him with Kesler. He will score. Kesler and Daniel dominated the ASG.

But then again, they had Ovechkin on their line. Not that it matters.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#79 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

im happy, but at the same time for the love of god do not rush him back. If he is not ready I would rather us lose on wednesday and come back strong for next season. Daniel's health and well being is far more important that the possibility of us coming back in this series.....

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#80 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,247 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

So half the people here aren't buying it....

This wouldn't be the first time this organization has put unhealthy players in the lineup.

#81 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

"Rushing him back"...

How about "rushing myself back"?

"Hey Doc, I'm symptom free. That Swedish media report was a bunch of bunk and I was just taking every extra day that I could to over do it a la Crosby."

This. I think there was definitely a storm of discussion behind closed doors to get Danny down to LA, and I think the centerpiece to those arguments was Danny himself claiming he was symptom free.

If he's not 100%, I honestly pray that no matter what the circumstances, the team doesn't let him play, and that he's only going for moral support. I'd much rather lose an entire post-season in Round 1, than lose the class act player that is D. Sedin.

On the other hand, if he's ready...bring on the Kings.

#82 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

What people seem to forget is that before Daniel's injury, the Sedins weren't scoring either

What your failing to see is that The Kings aren't prepared for the greatest cycle ever to grace the NHL.

Win game 4: Not unreasonable (that's 1 in 4 for a president's trophy winning team)
Win game 5: Not unreasonable (that's 1 in 3 for home games, should be doable)
Win game 6: Get it done and we go to 7

#83 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

What your failing to see is that The Kings aren't prepared for the greatest cycle ever to grace the NHL.

Win game 4: Not unreasonable (that's 1 in 4 for a president's trophy winning team)
Win game 5: Not unreasonable (that's 1 in 3 for home games, should be doable)
Win game 6: Get it done and we go to 7

I'm sure they've seen it before. Stop being a homer

Posted Image

#84 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

That's cool...some people also forget that the past doesn't have to equal to the present / no hating

Edited by The Sedin's 6th Sense, 16 April 2012 - 02:04 PM.

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#85 Ace_of_Spades

Ace_of_Spades

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

They won't play him unless he's cleared to play it's that simple, so all these people speculating and worrying that he's coming back to early to try and save the team, he won't play wednesday unless it is safe for him to do so.

#86 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 14,078 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Posted Image

Edited by GLASSJAW, 16 April 2012 - 02:06 PM.

212e8lw.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#87 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Well if he does play in game 4, at least it makes the Kings take a different approach to shutting down our offence.

Alot more focus will be put on the Sedins, hopefully freeing up our other guys to provide some offence. It definitely couldn't hurt our powerplay either!

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#88 canucktican

canucktican

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

Canucks Wars - Episode IV - A New Hope

#89 canucks till the end-

canucks till the end-

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

Posted Image
`

#90 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,203 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

good news!!!....Danny may have been inspired by hanks gutsy performance last night.

The canucks can and will win game 4.....they have shown in game 3 that they are indeed a superior team....They got unlucky in a game they should have one...edler needs to smarten up and if he does the next game will have a different outcome with or without Danny in the lineup.

keep putting big bodies in front of quick...drive the net hard....do what ever it takes to get quick off of his game!!

You can view all of my CDC artwork in this thread:

http://forum.canucks...f-toni-zamboni/

Follow me on Twitter:  @Toni_Zamboni

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.