The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Daniel Sedin Heading To L A To Join Canucks

hockeyville88

Is this a smart move to play Daniel? Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE for him to come back. But IF he is still suffering from symptoms from his concussion, is it worth it? First off, there's the fact that we'll need to win 4 straight games. The Kings will undoubtedly go hard on us during that time cause all they need is just 1 win to finish us off. If Daniel is NOT truly 100% and ready, I think it might be a mistake to play him on Wednesday. Yes, I know, the post-season is on the line, but what if the Kings target Daniel? What if his symptoms get worse and delays his comeback even more?

But I don't know how Daniel is actually feeling. I'm just very worried.

I think he's there for motivation. I have to imagine if there was a possibility he'd be ready to play game 4 he'd have already come down? The hope was manage to win game 4 and he could hopefully be ready by game 5.

I mean I hate to say it but this makes me ridiculously hopeful for game 4... but I just hope we aren't risking his long term health. This year isn't worth the rest of his career.

Canucks are one of the classiest organizations in the league. No way would they put their player in danger of serious injury and no way would Daniel play if docs don't okay him first and proper protocol isn't followed. Look at what this team does in the community and how Gillis has re-arranged the hockey ops to be one of the most ethical in the league.

Give your head a shake if you think he's being rushed, if he's cleared he will and should play.

If Daniel isnt healthy enough to play then he wont play. But I wouldnt be surprised if he didnt play a regular shift and then use him lots on the pp because we need that to get going. It will be similar to when crosby came back they wont play him as much as he was before but will use him when they can

Obviously Sedin wasn't actually hurt and now they are bringing in a fully healthy and rested Sedin for our miracle run to the finals. The concussion was faked so as to create a drama-filled story about how the canucks fell behind 3-0, only to get one of their top players back and decimate everyone else on their way to the cup. :towel:

I can dream right?

If the canucks come back, that will be my stanley cup. We just need to win the next game, game 5 at home and I can see them winning that. La would be shocked now and canucks would play their asses off and may win game 6. If this all happens and canucks get game 7 @home i can definitley see them winning.

Sorry for being so opimistic, INB4 being flamed..

There is hope. Whether he plays or not. Him being there would make a difference alone. Him in the lineup would make a huge difference BUT this is only if they can solve QUICK. The chances of him losing 4 in a row are slim but possible. Solve him. Run him out of his net. Luongo is a great goalie, Tim Thomas is a great goalie, Pekka Rinne is a great goalie but all have been run out of their nets sometime in their careers.

If the canucks come back, that will be my stanley cup. We just need to win the next game, game 5 at home and I can see them winning that. La would be shocked now and canucks would play their asses off and may win game 6. If this all happens and canucks get game 7 @home i can definitley see them winning.

Sorry for being so opimistic, INB4 being flamed..

Archived