Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ugli Fruit

Will The Raymond Hate Ever End?

222 posts in this topic

He must lead the league in falling down on the ice lol

Nashville benched TooToo their last game let's trade him for Raymond straight up..he'd be a crasher banger for the 4th line.

Raymond's career averages are:

- 17.5 goals per 82 games

- 21.5 assists per 82 games

- 39 points per 82 games

He's defensively responsible, he's fast, he's young, he's an RFA, and at $2.55M, he isn't exactly overpaid (compare to $2M - $3M UFAs last offseason and he's a better producer than over 70% of them).

The guy was also recovering from a broken back, too. I know the interwebs has no sympathy, but that's not exactly an easy thing to go through or recover from. His 10 goals in 55 games still extrapolates to 15 goals over 82 games, which isn't far off his career average, either.

I crunched the numbers for every player this year who made between $2M and $3M and here are the results:

Average goals per 82 games = 18.21

Average assists per 82 games = 24.15

Average points per 82 games = 42.36

Many of the guys on this list are into their 30s, too, where Mason is in his mid-20s and still developing. It seems like CDC expects everyone in this price category to be a James Neal or Alexandre Burrows when the reality is that the average guy in this price category is more like Mason Raymond.

- 39 points per 82 games

He's defensively responsible, he's fast, he's young, he's an RFA, and at $2.55M, he isn't exactly overpaid (compare to $2M - $3M UFAs last offseason and he's a better producer than over 70% of them).

The guy was also recovering from a broken back, too. I know the interwebs has no sympathy, but that's not exactly an easy thing to go through or recover from. His 10 goals in 55 games still extrapolates to 15 goals over 82 games, which isn't far off his career average, either.

I crunched the numbers for every player this year who made between $2M and $3M and here are the results:

Many of the guys on this list are into their 30s, too, where Mason is in his mid-20s and still developing. It seems like CDC expects everyone in this price category to be a James Neal or Alexandre Burrows when the reality is that the average guy in this price category is more like Mason Raymond.

- 39 points per 82 games

He had one good year, 25 goals 53 points? ..he doesnt use his speed to his advantage anymore, does that stupid button hook more than henrik passes the puck. Dekes his way into a give away and likes to shoot from the corner more than anything. With his speed he needs to go straight to the net. We all know he has hands, friggin use them!

I like him because he is one of our own, but i dont think he deserves another chance. MG's call.

He's going on 27, he's not young anymore, he's in his prime age range and he sucks. Every season except the 25-goal season he has scored 10-15 goals. He is too weak to shoot from the outside and too weak to use his speed inside. His defensive responsibility is a non-starter because he isn't a factor in his own end even if he's there. Jagr made 3 million dollars this year, only half a million more than Raymond. Figure it out.

Ohhh boy had he buried that OT wraparound the hate would have been diminished...significantly

Story of his life though - had he taken one extra step he would have had a gaping net to put that puck into. Instead he panics, falls, and now here we are.

He's defensively responsible. But he turns over the puck.. a lot. He can't create plays offensively. Because he can't skate for crap. He can't carry the puck on the boards. He's where plays go to die offensively. On the boards, by him falling. By him doing something stupid.

Seriously, this guy is bad offensively, and he should not ever be a second liner.

He's not 'young' anymore. His speed doesn't matter because he does not use it. All he does is fall, and try to cut in on the boards only to get rubbed out by a defensemen, big or small. All he is, is defensively responsible. That is not second line material, and we have enough defensively responsible guys.

But to be fair, Kesler is always inconsistent and mediocre offensively, and he dives.. a lot. Both are embarrassing, but in different ways.

He's gotta go, doesn't fit a second line role and not built for a 3/4 line role.

I think what is really more frustrating than Raymond is the fact that the team as a whole never got out of second gear..........now we know that was because they didn't have any higher gears this season.

The whole squad played below par so Raymond was in good company. He also had more of an excuse than many. Booth and Higgins have been invisible in the playoffs.

He needs to be given another chance next year as he is too talented to throw away and he will not have the injury/lack of pre season as an excuse.

His effort has never dipped, his speed and defence is first rate, however he needs to find the back of the net at whatever line he ends on. At the end of the day it is MG's and AV's decision, I don't really mind if he stays or goes.

Your perception of Higgins not playing well is probably due to the fact that he was stuck on the 3rd line all series, he was actually one of our better forwards for all 5 games.

Your perception of Higgins not playing well is probably due to the fact that he was stuck on the 3rd line all series, he was actually one of our better forwards for all 5 games.

he would be a hero if he score in ot. less than an inch away from redeeming himself!

I will be gracious enough to assume then that you have not been one one of the clowns on here who see no other parts of Raymond's game except his points production.

My point concerning Higgins was not to malign him but to show that even the most touted to "go into beast mode" fell short by a long way.

all I know is that I'd rather not try to figure out what he needs on our team, and I'd rather some other team rack their brains to figure that one out.

You know CDC though. Some team with plenty of extra roster space will take a chance on him and he will suddenly flourish. Then all we will hear is about how bad a deal it was and we should have never traded Grabn... I mean... Raymond.

:lol: