The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will The Raymond Hate Ever End?

Ugli Fruit

Hey, the rest of the team, including the whole Amex line, deserves a lot of criticism too, but for the most part they haven't underperformed for the better part of two years like Raymond has.

We get it, you're a Raymond apologist..... and you've been getting a lot of practice at it for two years now. I'll give you credit for being a loyalist towards him, but a major fail for being able to be a realist.

The guy is one of our best forwards right now. He is backchecking, hitting effectively, not falling, creating chances and generally doing everything but scoring, which is more than one can say about a lot of people.

This is people's reasoning to give Kesler a free pass.

- He was injured and missed training camp

- The PP is struggling; so naturally he will too

- He gives 100% consistently

- He is defensively solid

Yet, the funny thing is, Raymond does the same things Kesler does.

- He was injured and missed training camp (even worse injury)

- He was taken off the PP (also, the PP sucking should have something to do with its members. Kesler is a member)

- He gives 100% consistently

- He is defensively solid

But Raymond can be hated upon with impunity? He doesn't even have close to Kesler's ice time either.

Why is he being hated on now? He's doing nothing wrong other than scoring (nobody is scoring). He actually hits, and he knocked down a few people from his hits. I also saw him jawing at Brown the shift after he hit Henrik (shows he's really passionate). I saw him skating hard and backchecking. I saw him make some good passes (eg. to Lapierre in front of the net in period 1).

So why is he being hated on? Of course, not all of CDC is, but there are too many people bashing him than necessary IMO.

Edit: Why does nobody actually read my point?

These arguments again are : He isn't scoring, he is falling down, he can't make a pass.

He isn't scorng, but Kesler isn't either. He ISN'T falling and he IS making passes as of now.

It's a dumb time to hate on him and people just think he's still bad.

We don't need anymore finesse player's..especially for the playoff's...Booth won his spot outright, we need somebody that can operate in front of the net for those dirty garbage goals...skill players are now passe'....these here are prison rule's son.

Archived