Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 9 votes

Will The Raymond Hate Ever End?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
221 replies to this topic

#211 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

I think what is really more frustrating than Raymond is the fact that the team as a whole never got out of second gear..........now we know that was because they didn't have any higher gears this season.

The whole squad played below par so Raymond was in good company. He also had more of an excuse than many. Booth and Higgins have been invisible in the playoffs.

He needs to be given another chance next year as he is too talented to throw away and he will not have the injury/lack of pre season as an excuse.

His effort has never dipped, his speed and defence is first rate, however he needs to find the back of the net at whatever line he ends on. At the end of the day it is MG's and AV's decision, I don't really mind if he stays or goes.
Kevin.jpg

#212 TorontoNucksFan

TorontoNucksFan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

Your perception of Higgins not playing well is probably due to the fact that he was stuck on the 3rd line all series, he was actually one of our better forwards for all 5 games.

#213 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

Your perception of Higgins not playing well is probably due to the fact that he was stuck on the 3rd line all series, he was actually one of our better forwards for all 5 games.

I will be gracious enough to assume then that you have not been one one of the clowns on here who see no other parts of Raymond's game except his points production.

My point concerning Higgins was not to malign him but to show that even the most touted to "go into beast mode" fell short by a long way.
Kevin.jpg

#214 bure10fan

bure10fan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

he would be a hero if he score in ot. less than an inch away from redeeming himself!

#215 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

I will be gracious enough to assume then that you have not been one one of the clowns on here who see no other parts of Raymond's game except his points production.

My point concerning Higgins was not to malign him but to show that even the most touted to "go into beast mode" fell short by a long way.

It's clear that the only player we had that went into "beast mode" was schneider this season, but there is no points to raymonds game, including point production.

the entirety of raymond's game has been sub-par for a long time, which is disappointing because he was doing good 2 years ago, but then regressed to halways decent before his injury. he came back as his craptastic 1st/2nd year form and failed to improve.

he's been regressing for 2 years, not progressing. maybe he just needs a change of scenery, or a coaching change, or something.

all I know is that I'd rather not try to figure out what he needs on our team, and I'd rather some other team rack their brains to figure that one out.

#216 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,144 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

all I know is that I'd rather not try to figure out what he needs on our team, and I'd rather some other team rack their brains to figure that one out.

You know CDC though. Some team with plenty of extra roster space will take a chance on him and he will suddenly flourish. Then all we will hear is about how bad a deal it was and we should have never traded Grabn... I mean... Raymond.

:lol:
Posted Image

#217 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,538 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

You know CDC though. Some team with plenty of extra roster space will take a chance on him and he will suddenly flourish. Then all we will hear is about how bad a deal it was and we should have never traded Grabn... I mean... Raymond.

:lol:

and i'm perfectly fine with that.

#218 keuair

keuair

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

defensively solid? you must be on meth.

#219 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Has he left yet?

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#220 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Has he left yet?

Hopefully, and hopefully he takes his 3 fans/apologists and those who make nothing but excuses for his less than mediocre performance with him.

#221 Vertikal

Vertikal

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

The hate will stop(mostly) when he is far far away from the Canucks!
We'll always remember you Bobby Lu!

QUOTE (Spinnaker @ Sep 11 2008, 07:08 AM)
"Watching Burrows play is like watching Gladiator for the first time. It's kinda badass."

#222 Jobin

Jobin

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Both Need to Go... Kesler And Raymond.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.