The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Any Canuck Fan Actually Watch The Game.....

gdcanucks02

Last nights game was the first game I actually got to watch in its entirety and I have to say im disgusted with the way Canucks "fans" over react to everything. The only thing I see worth being really upset with is being down 3-0 to a VERY good, stingy, defensive hockey team. 82 shots fired at the net, and that is less than there was in Game 2. LA is giving us absolutely nothing, thats how they have played all year, and is the only reason they are in the playoffs in the first place. It is the reason phoenix is in and the reason Stl, NY, Bos and Nashville are some of the best teams in the league.

This series is going exactly how I thought it was going to go outside of the results. We were the better team in games 2 and 3 by a long shot but just arent getting the bounces or the room to work. This fan base bi**tch*s when there arent enough goals scored, bi**tc*h when the goaltending lets in a bad goal (or should I just say Luongo seeing as how Schneider can do no wrong in this city). Lets everyone give our heads a shake and pay attention to the details, and not just the result.

All 3 games were tied going into the third period and people are acting as if we just got our ass*es handed to us. (fire AV, trade kes, MG is the worst, Edler is terrible, the team is weak). Last time I checked we are leading this series in hits and I havent seen anyone back down from anything. If you want Vancouver to goon it up then lets get rid of some of core players and go grab a guy like carkner (what he did the other night was borderline assault and is not hockey). Im pretty sure after the hit last night, bieksa went after brown and burrows got together with kopitar so dont tell me they arent trying to protect their players, they just arent being idiots about it.

I realize that there are some major issues with the team (powerplay, certain players, etc) but to downright abandon the team when they need you the most after 3 very close games in which we didnt get any puck luck and played hard is embarrassing. To all those that bitch about the diving, I havent seen 1 "dive" all series. A dive is when a player is not contacted and goes down. embellishment is what playoff hockey is all about, doing everything in your power to give your team the edge, which is what I see from the Canucks. Its a fast game and in order to make sure the refs are seeing everything, sometimes you gotta make it evident. If they start falling without anything happening to them, then you can complain. But there isnt a hockey player in the nhl that doesnt throw their head back when they get contacted with a stick or fall down in the corner without the puck when they get bumped, as long as it doesnt have an affect on an offensive chance

My plea is that Canucks fans start looking closer at the process, and not just the final result.

Guest The Brown Burrows

* The guy above me has no clue (read it wrong)

I was there live and will be there again for Game 4.

I'm sorry but pressure on the opposition doesn't get you anywhere if you can't manage to score.

We dive a lot more than we should. Did you see Kesler (everyone in the stands around us saw the huge dive; blatant dive).

Both goalies have been great (Schneider has been better than Luongo, sorry).

A.V. has had 6 years with the organization. We are either going to keep him around (Ruff/Trotz/Babcock) or fire him like most teams do (Carolina/Anaheim/Edmonton/Therrien).

Carkner did the right thing. You don't take abuse from anybody. Sometimes overracting is the right thing to do (intimidation factor).

A lot of people in Vancouver and on CDC are bandwagoners (they all are exposing themselves for who they really are).

I wasn't able to watch the game last night, but I was watching the scores on my phone and I knew it was a good, tight game just by the fact that it was 0-0 into the Third period. I thought we'd be the guys to get the goal though. Disappointing, but that's how hockey goes sometimes.

Still planning to watch game 4, and if we don't win it, then I will wish the Canucks the best summer and come back next year to see more of them, and hope for a better outcome then. Simple as that.

They will NOT fire coach V. not gonna happen. Back 2 back pres trophies, and SCF last year? yeah no.

and Edler IS playing like crap. It's a fact. and Bieksa was as well, up until last night.

but Vancouver is still a better hockey team than LA. They outplayed LA last night, just didn't get the bounces.

You seem to think us overreacting to Edler is bad? He was the ice on every GWG against us of the series. Drop pass to Kopitar, and chipping the puck up at Carter instead of out at the blue line? Oh and don't forget the delay of game Edler took with 1:37 seconds left in the Game. Give your head a shake.

LOL.. its loser mentality like this thats seen this franchise go 41+ (and counting) of absolute failure.... Lets all just be mindless cheerleaders and watch our back to back presidents trophy team choke early this time after their finals collapse...

How many franchises are more succesfull and glorious then the NY yankees?? Yet those fans invented the bronx cheer

Also its not only that this teams losing, Its that they are absolutely gutless... No team in the NHL allows its stars to get pummelled night in and night out without response.. its getting absolutely emberassing to watch the sedins get destroyed so much without a single canuck having the guts to respond properly. (and im not only talking about this series)

Either this teams too soft, or just plaing gutless...

Boston castrated our team in game 3 last year.... They have never recovered since

We need some serious looks at our offence in the off season. We need a top end two way defense-men and a solid power froward if we want to make it to the finals again. Last year Kesler stepped it up and became that power forward who contributed offensively and hit everything that moved, and Edler was that tough hard hitting defense-men who was able to pinch in offensively. But now those two guys have shown throughout this season that they are inconsistent, thus leaving MG with some big decisions in the off season.

I'm hoping that if Cory is traded we get players who will make an impact on this team now, rather than in 3 or 4 years, aka Kassian.

LOL.. its loser mentality like this thats seen this franchise go 41+ (and counting) of absolute failure.... Lets all just be mindless cheerleaders and watch our back to back presidents trophy team choke early this time after their finals collapse...

How many franchises are more succesfull and glorious then the NY yankees?? Yet those fans invented the bronx cheer

Also its not only that this teams losing, Its that they are absolutely gutless... No team in the NHL allows its stars to get pummelled night in and night out without response.. its getting absolutely emberassing to watch the sedins get destroyed so much without a single canuck having the guts to respond properly. (and im not only talking about this series)

Either this teams too soft, or just plaing gutless...

Boston castrated our team in game 3 last year.... They have never recovered since

i agree except for the embellishment. Every team does it, but we are one of the worst, happens too often.

Yeah and for those that want to revamp the whole team...if we we're the Pittsburgh Penguins and had Crosby, Malkin, Letang and Fleury and we we're down 3-0 to the Flyers after loosing a 3-0 lead and 3-1 lead...would you say lets trade them ALL !!!!! No same here, Schnieder or Lou is gone and that will bring us another good asset that should change the dynamic of this team.

Archived