The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pj Stock Is Horrible!

BeefJyrki21

Watching the commentary in between periods of the Canucks-King games really made me lose respect for PJ Stock as an analyst/commentator. For two games now, even when the Canucks were clearly outplaying the kings, all he had were negative things to say about the Canucks.

Even Ron Maclean and Bruce Budreau felt PJ's comments were unfair and came to the defense of the Canucks. It's also nice to see Ron being supportive of the Canucks recently.

No idea why PJ dislikes the Canucks so much. He's such a tool!

What bugged me about Stock is that it sounded to me like he was advocating that some Canuck instigate a fight or go headhunting in response to the Brown hit on Sedin. This was essentially an elimination game - you don't potentially take a big penalty just to "get back" at the other team, or assert yourself. Earlier in the series, sure, but not when you are down 2-0 in a tie game.

Watching the commentary in between periods of the Canucks-King games really made me lose respect for PJ Stock as an analyst/commentator. For two games now, even when the Canucks were clearly outplaying the kings, all he had were negative things to say about the Canucks.

Even Ron Maclean and Bruce Budreau felt PJ's comments were unfair and came to the defense of the Canucks. It's also nice to see Ron being supportive of the Canucks recently.

No idea why PJ dislikes the Canucks so much. He's such a tool!

His opinion doesn't offend me.

However I will say I was surprised to see Ron Maclean come to the defense of the Canucks organization. I also found it interesting how Hrudey had nothing to say during that segment..perhaps his opinion differed from the more vocal and 'boisterous' Stock and Boudreau?

Actually he was bang on last night. No one stepped up for Henrik. No one stepped up for Daniel either. If we are to not take penalties and hope for the power-play, why did we trade for Kassian? Why trade for all this toughness? It sure isn't working.

Pj Stock is Horrible. Some of these stations need to get a clue and realize just because you played in the NHL it doesn't make you a good analyst anymore than it makes you a good equipment manufacturer.

Looks like you may have riled up some PJ Stock fan boys. :lol:

What were we supposed to do in that situation that would've helped any more? Go two men down for five minutes? Lose a key player (Bieksa, Burrows were on the ice, can't remember the others) the rest of the game? All when the score is 0-0?

Pittsburgh tried that. Sure worked for them.

What bugged me about Stock is that it sounded to me like he was advocating that some Canuck instigate a fight or go headhunting in response to the Brown hit on Sedin. This was essentially an elimination game - you don't potentially take a big penalty just to "get back" at the other team, or assert yourself. Earlier in the series, sure, but not when you are down 2-0 in a tie game.

PJ was a bad commentator long time before last night.

What drives me nuts in all this is that these panels seem to glorify....Play-off hockey. Who ever wins this year, I hope they dont have to send some 4th line plug up to accept the cup becuase all their star players have concussions.

What did he say that was wrong? Are you telling me there was nothing wrong with nobody stepping up to brown when he hit Henrik? And please stop comparing any sort of retaliation to the bertuzzi Incident and making excuses.

This team is soft and it's hurting the team more than we think it does. We are one of the softest teams in the league and our players get abused and disrespected consistently. If any team needs an enforcer to send out a message it is the Canucks. We are a laughing stock around the league in regards to protecting our players. When Orr and macintyre was on waivers this season we should of picked one of them up for half the salary. We do what most teams do and that is to keep an enforcer in the minors and call him up when we need him. And don't tell me that we dont need 4th liners that can't play, because Orr can't play the 3 minutes that kassian did?

Most Canucks fans are trying to find any way to defend this team in regards to not needing a tough guy on the team. can you honestly look around the league and at all the teams and not think that the one team that needs a tough guy the most like Orr is the Canucks?

Archived