The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pj Stock Is Horrible!

BeefJyrki21

PJ Stock hates the Canucks. As a public broadcaster, all we want of them is to be neutral and professional, like the guys on TSN. Stock was so upset couldn't put a sentence together right after Bieksa's OT winner over the Sharks last year in the playoffs, kept saying how all the Sharks star players were injured. After Boston won game 7 he was smiling from ear to ear. Even Grapes held back his emotions for the losers' sake.

PJ Stock is a piece of crap as far as I'm concern. I can't believe a cent of my tax dollars is paying his salary.

I'm not annoyed because someones talking bad about our team. And I'm not whining about it.

What I am annoyed with PJ Stock is how he isn't a good analyst, and when I'm watching the intermission I want to listen to good discussion, not his lack of knowledge. I'd rather put the TV on mute, and do something else. My complaint is that if they want me to watch, improve the analysts.

Bruce Beadreau is a pretty good analyst as he knows what it takes to win, as he was and still is an actual NHL coach, not just a ex NHL tough guy/ energy player.

His opinion doesn't offend me.

However I will say I was surprised to see Ron Maclean come to the defense of the Canucks organization. I also found it interesting how Hrudey had nothing to say during that segment..perhaps his opinion differed from the more vocal and 'boisterous' Stock and Boudreau?

I think it's cause everyone's expecting the Canucks to win this round. I'm sure as analysts they all predicted it, and they're basically breaking down why it's not happening. I don't think it has to do with them "hating the Canucks", I really feel they get a bad rep for that, and it's unfair. I'm sure they are as surprised as anyone else is.

I don't really care if he likes the Canucks or not, but his "analysis" was bloody terrible last night. Bieksa tried to go with Brown and he got a penalty for it. Are we supposed to just chase him around the ice all night after that point? We're down 2-0 in the series, we can't throw a game trying to deliver a message.

And all this talk about message sending is bullcrap anyway IMO. Say Bieksa beats Brown the way he beat Stalberg. Does anyone really expect Brown to not make the same exact hit next time? It's the playoffs. Nobody's going to back down from a hit.

i think that the canucks need to take care of those things during the regular season so everyones knows we dont put up with it. I think pj was right. when it happened to daniel nothing happened to keith, saying because it was a playoff game is an excuse because we havnt taken care of this stuff in the past.

would we not sacrifice a two minute penalty to take care of it? a little jab to the head of quick would get things started with kassian, bieksa kesler weiss and ballard on the ice

PJ might have some silly stupid opinions..... that's his job at the end of the day though, he gets paid to make opinions (rather quickly a lot of time, they have to find something to show inbetween periods and then talk about it within 10-15 min from the time they find a clip they want). So 1/2 the time I agree with them 1/2 the time I don't and to be honest 1/2 the time I'm just indifferent. Tonight was the later, I agreed in part with what he was saying, yes we do need to stand up better for our stars, yes if juice was going to take a penalty he should've earned it and not just wrestled brown to the ground, but no, I don't think we needed to have a line brawl, or bust someones neck like the reference to Big Bert lol. Anyways I have to laugh a bit of the hate coming onto PJ over some of these other clowns on CBC.... no we won't always like PJ's opinions, but he' still much better spoken than most of those idiots on CBC. At the end of the day him and grapes are about the only two I really pay attention to.

Besides.... he's as funny as hell, he's like 3 feet tall and he just looks funny, and sounds funny, I get a kick out of him.

I don't mind hearing diffrent peoples opinions on a team, they are allowed to have them, even if I do not like them. I just thought it was funny how he kept using Bertuzzi as an example of stepping up for a team mate when he went after weber. I don't think you could have choosen a worse player to use in that example. The last time he stood up for a good team mate of his, he broke his neck and was suspended a year for it. Kinda wierd that no one on that panel picked up on that. Just shows how you can go too far on things like that. Maybe thats why the canucks shy away from it because of that previous incident. Just though it was funny.

Watching the commentary in between periods of the Canucks-King games really made me lose respect for PJ Stock as an analyst/commentator. For two games now, even when the Canucks were clearly outplaying the kings, all he had were negative things to say about the Canucks.

Even Ron Maclean and Bruce Budreau felt PJ's comments were unfair and came to the defense of the Canucks. It's also nice to see Ron being supportive of the Canucks recently.

No idea why PJ dislikes the Canucks so much. He's such a tool!

Archived