Pahlsson >>> Lapierre in shutdown role

Lapierre >>> Pahlsson in hitting and crashing role

So Pahlsson = 3rd line C, Lapierre = 4th line C

And the D-pairings? Come on...

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Ryan Kesler - David Booth

Raymond - Pahlsson - Hansen

Lapierre - Malhotra - Kassian

I'm sorry, but Pahlsson was brought in here as a checking center, and I believe he's been doing well. While Lapierre has been good, he's more of an energy player so should be on the 4th line.

But, if Daniel Sedin happens to not play:

Lapierre - Henrik Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Pahlsson - Hansen

Ebbett - Malhotra - Kassian

In this case Lapierre moves up to the first line because he did really well with Henrik and Burrows when Daniel was gone near the end of the season.

Honestly, it doesn't matter what pairings you put out there if our best players don't step it up and put the puck in the net.

We have the personnel to get it done no matter who's playing together. It's all about execution and finish though.

I know ballard. bieksa is a risky combo, but really: what have got to lose now? the only goals scored with the more traditional lines have been by the Kings.

Tanev and Ballard are the only two Dmen who are not in the minus' five on five. Oddly, while I was looking at the stats, Kassian is the only player we have who is plus 1, all the rest are at zero or worse.

Ballard and Bieksa....No thanks. Disaster. And Pahlsson can't play the wing. He has never played the wing and doesn't know how.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen

Malhotra - Pahlsson - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Salo

Ballard - Tanev

For me, I like Weise because he is better the Kassian defensively and can still play physical. The defense pairings are the most stable ones we have. We have to use them.

Archived