The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Will You Root For After The Canucks Are Eliminated?

The Magician

Who will you root for after the Canucks are done  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To go along with your analogy, for those of us saying you can cheer for multiple teams, we are not saying we'll cheer for another over the Canucks (sleeping with the hot girlfriend), we're saying IF the Canucks are out (we get divorced), then we go cheer for another team we like (the hot girlfriend). Just because we get dumped by our wives doesn't mean we can't continue to enjoy the company of women!

yeah well our team is going to be gone soon, so most people who actually enjoy hockey in general and not just the Canucks will focus on the other teams still in the playoffs. I'm not a Penguin or Flyers fan but that has been the most entertaining hockey to watch so far and i will probably cheer for the Flyers the rest of the way

i dont recall hearing or even seeing the fat lady. She maybe ready to go but aint singing yet. Canucks need to take it one period at a time. We played well in game 3 so i guess we can build off that and with an extra days rest we could be a much better team. If we crash the net we will score, it seems the team is trying for pretty goals, enough of that. Go for the dirty ones, thats how a team wins the cup...

Man, are you guys Canucks fans? Like honestly, BLACKHAWKS? Are you for real? The Black cocks and Keith might have single handedly ended the Canucks playoff hopes with the cheap shot on Daniel. They are big rivals and hate each other, so you cheering for them would probably invalidate you being a Canucks fan. The Bruins and Hawks are the last team in the league I would ever want to see succeed, in fact, I want to see them crash and burn and not make the playoffs in a million years.

Since this poll doesn't give me a choice to choose the Canucks (as the OP state that if eliminated).

So I'll root for in that order:

1 - the Chicago Wolves

2 - Team Canada at U-18 championship

3 - Any Canadian team in the NHL (so this year would be the Sens)

4 - the Whitecaps

5 - and may be i've got a soft spot for the Panthers (just that if they win the Cup, may be Luongo will drop his NTC and will wanted to be traded to a Cup team and being close to his family) ::D ..... that is a joke !!! Hope Lu stays in Vancouver.

If Canucks are done (which I doubt they are - they still can win 16 more games - it's not over), then I wouln't be watching much hockey. Just the odd games once in a while to watch some of my favorite players. But otherwise, I have no other teams in the NHL to root for than the Vancouver Canucks !

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud

:emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: 16 more wins to go :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. So if I only cheer for the Canucks and am a Canucks fan only, that means I am not a "hockey fan"??? get real, I do watch hockey that doesn't involve the Canucks too but I don't cheer for any team unless it is team Canada. It is more like if you cheer for a bunch of teams and are indifferent or aren't as serious as die hard Canucks fan, then you are more likely a bandwagon fan. I probably know more about what goes on around the league than most people here. Watching other games, doesn't mean you have to pick sides and cheer for a team. You can be a neutral observer and just enjoy the hockey. Its kind of sad that people want to cheer for other teams when the Canucks lose or they get eliminated. It is much sweeter for me to cheer for only one team, because when that team goes through thick and thin, it will be that much more exciting when they eventually win the cup.

Archived