The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Will Replace Vigneault

Hi guys,

First off, I'd like to start by saying I am a firm supporter of AV and do not want him to be fired, but we all have to realize it is a realistic, if not probable outcome if we lose this series.

I was Just wondering who you guys think will replace AV if he is fired, I'm not very knowledgeable about the coaching market at the moment... Do you guys think that Rick Bowness or Newell brown will take over, or Craig McTavish???

Or do you think if we get a new coach he will be from outside the current organization? if so who do you think it could be?

once again I want to repeat that I dont think this series is over, especially should Danny come back for game 4, nor do I want Vigneault to be fired. I say this again because I know that some of CDC's users aren't the most thorough readers....

Happy Posting!

-JGM

There's prob lots of qualified no names out there that have the skill set to coach effectively. I would like to see a coach that is solid with strategy, quick adjustments and x's and O's, can pump up the players when needed and turn it into productive energy, can work well with all players rather than play obvious favourites, understands the overall game (offense, d, pp and PK) and is confident in what they're doing.

tony gallagher...after he does a hatchet job on AV, like he did on pat quinn.....he has no integrity, but as long as he gets us a stanley cup, no one will care....we would finally find out if he has any hockey knowledge or if he is just full of hot air....

Hopefully Craig MacTavish. He's done such a wonderful job with the young players on the Wolves and he's been to the Cup final as a coach and he's won cups as a player.

Bring him on and see what he can do with this group. I'm not necessarily ready to blow up the core yet. That's something that this organization could regret for a long time as the core is elite and can't get much better. Heck, the team is regretting trading one member of that core, and the youngest one at that, in Cody Hodgson. Imagine trading away any of the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa or Schneider?

Archived