The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Will Replace Vigneault

With 3 teams in the previous history of the NHL coming back from 3-0, it's over. As far as AV, who knows, but MG will need to make some serious decisions. This off season will be huge in the way of the future of the franchise. Personally, I could see AV ousted and someone brought in just to shake the dust off... Someone fiery, the opposite of AV, not sure who is out there.

Ballard has been our best defenceman this playoffs. New coach means new system, we just might find out what we truly have in him during the regular season.

I really appreciate what AV has done for this team but there is currently a problem and firing him is the easiest fix as far as the team is concerned. I do believe that we will see a new coach next season and I hope the replacement will be someone I like.

Craig McTavish. i cant stand it when the team is getting rocked and coach V is just standing there with his gum in his mouth and not even saying anything to the players. he doesnt even yell at them or motivate them at all. and i think we need a coach who will do that, like philly's laviolette or rangers' torts.

Hi guys,

First off, I'd like to start by saying I am a firm supporter of AV and do not want him to be fired, but we all have to realize it is a realistic, if not probable outcome if we lose this series.

I was Just wondering who you guys think will replace AV if he is fired, I'm not very knowledgeable about the coaching market at the moment... Do you guys think that Rick Bowness or Newell brown will take over, or Craig McTavish???

Or do you think if we get a new coach he will be from outside the current organization? if so who do you think it could be?

once again I want to repeat that I dont think this series is over, especially should Danny come back for game 4, nor do I want Vigneault to be fired. I say this again because I know that some of CDC's users aren't the most thorough readers....

Happy Posting!

-JGM

It's a good point about a new coach, new system, maybe Ballard will be better under both of those.

But as of now, he's played 2 bad seasons for the Canucks. He's payed as a top 4 d-man, and has yet to be used as one. He can't eat big minutes, resultantly, Edler/Hammer/Juice have to eat ridiculous minutes to compensate.

This series 'chance wise', Ballard has not been good in this series. He's been on the ice for more 'chances against' than 'chances for' at even strength. Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis and Tanev have all been better at even strength than Ballard. Additionally, he's been eaten up at even strength while he's playing the most sheltered minutes. I think he'll be replaced by Rome in game 4.

Ballard is very capable of eating big minutes, it's just he is considered fifth on the depth chart and not everyone can get the 20+ minutes a night.

I really don't like any bleacher report advanced stats of any kind because they give absolutely NO valid insight into a hockey player's value. Those "chances against" that I witnessed were of no fault of Ballard's, so why do you count them against him?

Also he has not played "sheltered minutes" (I also don't like that term at all). There is no such thing as sheltered minutes, especially during the playoffs. What I look for is how well he plays his position, and compared to every other Canuck dman, he was the most effective.

Archived