Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Who Will Replace Vigneault

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#61 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,651 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Ballard is very capable of eating big minutes, it's just he is considered fifth on the depth chart and not everyone can get the 20+ minutes a night.

I really don't like any bleacher report advanced stats of any kind because they give absolutely NO valid insight into a hockey player's value. Those "chances against" that I witnessed were of no fault of Ballard's, so why do you count them against him?

Also he has not played "sheltered minutes" (I also don't like that term at all). There is no such thing as sheltered minutes, especially during the playoffs. What I look for is how well he plays his position, and compared to every other Canuck dman, he was the most effective.

You can get 20+ mins a night if you can be defensivly responsible on an AV team. It's why we've seen Tanev rocket up the depth chart. Ballard has issues defensivly, it continues in this series.

You might not like advanced stats, but coaches use them to dress their roster. Chances against might not always be the fault of Ballard, but it's no coincidence he's been on the wrong end of them this series, and the other defenseman haven't (at even strength).

By sheltered minutes, I mean he's not facing top opponents on every shift. He's not gonna see Kopitar or Richards very often, Bieksa and Hamhuis are. Of the 6 defenseman dressed last 2 games, Ballard gets 'sheltered' more than any of them (including Tanev). Perhaps he's being 'sheltered' cause he hasn't played much in months, but I see it as a continuation from how he' been used for last 2 yrs here - in a sheltered role. Just my thoughts.

#62 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Patrick Roy... someone who can go up to Kesler and tell him to quit screwing around with the diving and get back to hitting and playing hard nosed hockey!

I would love it if Roy came to coach this team.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#63 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

New coaches: head coach Mike Keenan assistants Messier and Ron Wilson
New Gm: Mike Milbury
New team doctor: Mark Recchi
New goaltending coach: Chris Levesque

Edited by bolt, 16 April 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#64 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

I don't always agree with some of the things he does, but his record is there. OUt of all 30 coaches in the NHL, he has more wins then any other coach since he started here in 2007. That includes the 2008 season. Thats speaks for itself. Even if we get swept I think he will remain the coach. But as for a replacement I will like Andy Murray to replace A.V, or even Patt Quinn despite age.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#65 HorseGem2007

HorseGem2007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Nah ! the next Canucks coach will be Cody Hodgson's father.
He will get us back CoHo in town and will let him play all the minutes he wants. :bigblush:
" OnceUgotItUpKeepItUp "

Burr Kes Higgy
#14 #17 #20

YOU CAN PLAY ... Gay athletes. Straight allies. Teaming up for respect: http://youcanplayproject.org/

#66 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

I don't always agree with some of the things he does, but his record is there. OUt of all 30 coaches in the NHL, he has more wins then any other coach since he started here in 2007. That includes the 2008 season. Thats speaks for itself. Even if we get swept I think he will remain the coach. But as for a replacement I will like Andy Murray to replace A.V, or even Patt Quinn despite age.

A president trophy winner getting swept in the first round will be the most epic collapse in NHL history. It has never happened before, not even a 3-0 deficit. This is worse than losing to Chicago would have been in the first round, since that actually went to 7 games. AV better be gone after this debacle.

Darryl Sutter is absolutely embarrassing AV right now.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

#67 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Nah ! the next Canucks coach will be Cody Hodgson's father.
He will get us back CoHo in town and will let him play all the minutes he wants. :bigblush:

You can joke about it all you want, but AV ruined that relationship by saying he was making excuses when he was hurt. If anyone questioned my integrity like that, I'd be infuriated. Kudos to Cody for being the bigger man in that situation.

#68 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hopefully Craig MacTavish. He's done such a wonderful job with the young players on the Wolves and he's been to the Cup final as a coach and he's won cups as a player.

Bring him on and see what he can do with this group. I'm not necessarily ready to blow up the core yet. That's something that this organization could regret for a long time as the core is elite and can't get much better. Heck, the team is regretting trading one member of that core, and the youngest one at that, in Cody Hodgson. Imagine trading away any of the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Hamhuis, Bieksa or Schneider?

Sorry but if we exit within the next week, one of those beloved core players will be gone.
Posted Image

#69 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

New coaches: head coach Mike Keenan assistants Messier and Ron Wilson
New Gm: Mike Milbury
New team doctor: Mark Recchi
New goaltending coach: Chris Levesque

+ 1000
Posted Image

#70 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

I think the people who are in the Mac T lovefest should look past the one run tey went on. mac T was more hype than quality coach in the NHL during his time in Edmonton

Ok, I've looked past it and found a 10 game winning streak in Edmonton with MacT as a coach - something the 80s Oilers with Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Coffey, Anderson, and Fuhr never did.

10055118.jpg

You don't understand anything, man. Leave your stupid comments in your pocket

#71 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Vigneault is done. His inability to alter his system is his Achilles heel. He has been left here far past his best by date. Time for you to go and chew gum somewhere else, Alain. Bye.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.