The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth/samuelsson

tera_ha

I am not here to flame anyone since i am not a canucks fan. but just seeing the numbers

Samuelsson

GP 48 . Points 28

David Booth (who has no playoff experience)

GP 56 . Points 29

I am not sure why all the other trades are talked about so much but this much not so much.

Going by the numbers, it would've been a better idea to just have Samuelsson.

Samuelsson - Playoff Stats (with Canucks)

GP 23 G 9 A 9

It isn't all about the production. Booth brings the puck around the net hard and drives to the net hard. Strong skater, Big body, very nice checks and one of our toughest guys IMO. I'd expect him to be a 50 point guy on average, but the points are less valuble to what he brings on the body.

Samuelsson - older than dirt and on a team without much else for offensive presence.

Booth - prime aged, has a puck hogging centre and is coming off of injury and playing for a brand new team. Also playing in a real hockey city for the first time in his life.

18739473.jpg

A long-term move, much like Kassian. Would Samuelsson have been a big help right about now. Of course! If there is somebody to get the team going, it would be him. With Booth, we get a much younger player and a guy who can become a good performer like Sammy eventually.

A long-term move, much like Kassian. Would Samuelsson have been a big help right about now. Of course! If there is somebody to get the team going, it would be him. With Booth, we get a much younger player and a guy who can become a good performer like Sammy eventually.

If you read past posts on the Panther's fan forums.. Many of them think he's overrated. He "had" 1 great season, with promise for more.. Then Mike Richards cheapshots him.. concussion. He hasn't been the same since.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIXcGOr4-04

The same Mike Richards on LA right now. ;)

I hated the trade when it was made basically because I thought Samuelsson was a clutch playoff scorer with a relatively cheap cap hit which expired at years end while Booth has a terrible contract paying him 4.25 for a few more years coming off a serious concussion......

I hate the trade even more now that he only managed 30 points in 62 games played playing on the 2nd line for one of the best offensive teams. Booth has only 82 points in his past 185 games.......not woth 4.25 over the next few years........terrible deal by Gillis. Just imagine where he could use Booth and Ballards $8,500,000 cap hit.....Weber,Parise ect.

Which I believe speaks to my point, chum. :)

Samuelsson was undeniably great against LA, a fairly lightweight team two years ago. Where was he the following series against Chicago? Or the following year, also against Chicago?

Maybe. Samuelsson had a habit of disappearing when the going got tough in the playoffs.

regards,

G.

Guest The Brown Burrows

I liked the trade but I wasn't happy to see Samuelsson go. If Gillis could have given Florida sonething else and kept Samuelsson it would've been a great trade from my perspective.

Archived