The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Booth/samuelsson

tera_ha

Fair points regarding the LA series and the Chicago 2011 series. But I disagree with Chicago 2010. Virtually nobody showed up that series. There were flashes of brilliance but the whole team was shut-down and it can't possibly because Samuelsson wasn't a playoff performer. The guy had always averaged 10-15 points playing the third line in Detroit and second in Vancouver.

:picard: people are always looking for a scapegoat.. Booth is a very good player, he's exactly the fit we were looking for to be on a line with Kesler, and he can only improve, however Samuelson is going to be a free agent this summer. Booth and Kesler can definitely develop their chemistry, they just haven't clicked yet this year.

We still got the President's trophy, again, we got more points than any other team in the league for two years in a row. We've consistently been the best team in the NHL the last two seasons. We're still technically the best over an 82 game period, or should I say the last 164 games. The playoffs are about getting hot a the right time. Let's hope we can find that spark that can get us hot before it's too late, and hopefully that spark can be in the form of Daniel Sedin returning game 4.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings.. Unless a fat lady sings the national anthems pre-game in LA, we still got a chance!

And he had 8g 7a and was +7 for the 2010 playoffs over 12 games... of that, in the Chicago series only, he had 1g 3a and I believe he was even on +/- over six games. He may not have been doing enough of the right things to help the team win.

Perhaps he would have made a difference last year in the finals (when he was injured), but then it was a tough series.

regards,

G.

I am not here to flame anyone since i am not a canucks fan. but just seeing the numbers

Samuelsson

GP 48 . Points 28

David Booth (who has no playoff experience)

GP 56 . Points 29

I am not sure why all the other trades are talked about so much but this much not so much.

Going by the numbers, it would've been a better idea to just have Samuelsson.

Samuelsson - Playoff Stats (with Canucks)

GP 23 G 9 A 9

Booth has issues with our system. It was the right trade. Him and Kesler clearly don't work well at all together and Booth does sort of suck in a cycle system, that was a scouting pre-trade mess-up. I'm pretty confident he'll come around eventually.

But are people really bashing a trade on a .06 PPG difference and 3 power play points???

Wow.

I love booth, i think hes so fun to watch, strong on the puck, great skater, drives the net. we need a guy like him. I don't like making excuses but i'm sure being traded takes some time to adjust and this is also booth's first playoff experience as opposed to samuelsson who has not only had playoff experience, but also have a stanley cup.

Look at gaborik and richards, it took them a long time to get going too

It seems like you expect Wayne Gretzky type numbers for him......he's a 2nd or 3rd line player making only 2.5 million per and is not expected to put up superstar numbers......but even though that's the case he was still putting up numbers similar to the Sedin's and definitely doing enough of the "right things to help the team win".......Samuelsson wasn't the problem.......Samuelsson>Booth

I talk about this trade all the time, lol.

Sammy's produced more in Florida than Booth has here (both reg season and playoffs). I can't say that Sammy would be producing here, just cause he is there. But..... he has playoff experience. When he's healthy, which he is now, Sammy is more versatile than Booth. Sammy can be used with the Sedins, on the point on the PP, and on the 3rd line checking line. Booth has yet to see extended time w/ Sedins, never been used on PP point, and could never be used on a checking line cause he lacks defensive awareness. Sammy can snipe, but he's also a great passer. I don't think it's a coincidence that Kesler had a big offensive year with Sammy on his wing.

How nice that Booth has speed and can drive to the net. We have yet to see it translate into points. Without points, you can't win a game. This is why Canucks are down 3-0.

Archived