The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Real Simple Poll - Do You Honestly Believe They Will Beat La

Brick Tamland

Will they come back and win 4 straight  

420 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Win one hockey game.

Win one more.

Win one more.

And then...

Win one more.

Canucks can do it. Especially when you look at it that way. They can only win one game at a time, so it doesn't really matter how many games down they are once the puck drops. Problem is, even if a team does everything within their control the right way, they can still lose. In hockey, that happens fairly commonly as we saw last game. The chances of that happening again in four straight games is pretty high. Especially with a hot goalie and matchups that are snuffing out our offence.

Canucks can do it. But they won't. They have less than a 1% chance according to history. Based on what I am seeing from the Kings, the Canucks will not be in the 1%.

The poll should be: Will we win a game?

Cheering for my team no matter what. I've got some faith left. I like to balance optimism with realism, so of course I'm preparing myself just in case we don't survive round 1, but I'll always be behind the boys supporting them. I tend to become very emotionally invested in hockey, so I'm a bit wary.

Regardless, a little optimism doesn't hurt. Sending lots of positive energy their way! We've got the skill and the fight to at least extend this series.

If I believe we will, what's the worst that can happen? My hopes will be dashed and I'll be depressed for a while. A small price to pay for creating an optimistic and grateful fan base that doesn't burn its own city to the ground. We could all benefit from a little cheer and sense of gratitude. After all, they entertained for a good chunk of the year.

If we weren't the better team I would say no...but if we truly play our best each and every game we should win every game we ever play against this team whether that is 4 in a row, 8 in a row, or whatever. They are lucky they have a hot goalie and we haven't played that well in the first couple of games. From what I saw in game 3 the tide is turning and it is just a matter of time before the nucks net a couple of their many chances. On better ice (that will benefit the Canucks more than LA), with a chance that Daniel comes back, and their backs against the wall...win number one. If the Canucks win game 4, I am very confident that game 5 at home is very doable. With the series 3-2 it is back to being like any other series.

For whatever reason I truly think they will do this...I really do!

With the refs firmly in their corner for once they should be a force to be reckoned with. Will they win all 4 in a row? They might, they might not, but this certainly won't be as much of a write-off as people seem to think it is.

Here's what I think:

If last year's Hawks could force Game 7 against the best team in the NHL, then this year's Canucks can force Game 7 against the 8th seed.

I don't know why, but I have a bit of hope. I feel like there isn't any reason to be hopeful but I am.

Maybe it's because Daniel might be coming back.

Say we win on Wednesday. It's not unreasonable for reasons of pride, and the return of D. Sedin. Then we're coming home, and we have a bit of life. We could conceivable win that game. Then LA starts to get a bit doubtful... we have so much motivation and we believe we can do it. We force Game 7.

Anything can happen in a Game 7.

Sometimes you just gotta believe.....maybe someone finally steps up, maybe edler has a better game than he's had so far... maybe Daniel comes in, riding on a horse in shining armour to save the series.... I mean whatever happens you just gotta believe it can or what is the point of watching Wednesday night? Besides... look around, last 2 years in a row a team has come back and forced a game 7 from being down 3-0 this is happening more and more often because there is more and more parody in the league.

30 years ago, you fell behind 3-0 in a series because you were the worse team, there for... nearly impossible to win 4 straight games against the better team, these days though you can fall behind 3-0 due to 3 poor/bad bounces in the 3rd period of games, doesn't mean your the worse team... doesn't mean your the better team either albeit. All it means is if we get the next 3 big bounces our way it could conceivably mean we are sitting watching a game 7 a week from now. It's a long shot sure, but so was L.A. beating us 3 in a row.... sometimes you just gotta believe... :towel:

Archived